Crowd contribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowd contribution

For me the icing on the cake for a great team performance yesterday was the contribution of the fans. Maybe I was lucky, but I didn't hear any voices undermining our players confidence with witless sledging of their favourite scapegoat. Instead the crowd seemed as one, particularly when Ipswich had their brief bit of pressure at the end. Well done you R's !

Great to hear. I really do get the feeling the whole club is on the turn, we've had to suffer a couple of years of #### but slowly we've been going about our re building and weeding out the wrong uns. Love him or loathe him olly deserves enormous credit for installing an attitude and desire that is clear to see right the way through the club. Only positive things coming out of hq and long may it continue. It's certainly keeping the doom and gloomers quiet.....COYRS

Comment

yes - thats exactly whats been missing - the support after Ipswich scored their goal was fantastic -

Comment

it goes hand in hand, if we play well the crowd will always be behind the team even in defeat which only makes the team play better. last season the crowd was pretty toxic at times and my god there was a tonne of moaning all around me. barely get a beep now even when we make mistakes which happened with a few sloppy passes during the first half yesterday. now though all i'm hearing is praise, loving the positive vibe around atm!

Comment

It's an automatic thing to groan when a mistake occurs. Me being no exception and will moan to my son. However I would not shout out abuse for one of our own only encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            Great to hear. I really do get the feeling the whole club is on the turn, we've had to suffer a couple of years of #### but slowly we've been going about our re building and weeding out the wrong uns. Love him or loathe him olly deserves enormous credit for installing an attitude and desire that is clear to see right the way through the club. Only positive things coming out of hq and long may it continue. It's certainly keeping the doom and gloomers quiet.....COYRS
            It certainly is, a few are coming round to us now doing well but theres a few that arent having it and not posting lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

No reason for the crowd to be anything but supportive, bearing in mind the effort the young players we have are putting in and the style of play we are adopting.

Every reason for them to be grumbling and moaning last couple of seasons, when players weren't as committed to us and each other.

Ollie has done a fantastic job in overhauling the squad with the right type of player. Playing a more settled side where possible is helping enormously too in my opinion. We're certainly moving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                It certainly is, a few are coming round to us now doing well but theres a few that arent having it and not posting lol
                Name and shame Pinkie

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Name and shame Pinkie
                  Haha been down that route before and too many feathers got rattled a few that have gave me plenty about how completely rubbish ollie is and ill have pie on my face mind you we will have wobbles so....
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    No reason for the crowd to be anything but supportive, bearing in mind the effort the young players we have are putting in and the style of play we are adopting.

Every reason for them to be grumbling and moaning last couple of seasons, when players weren't as committed to us and each other.

Ollie has done a fantastic job in overhauling the squad with the right type of player. Playing a more settled side where possible is helping enormously too in my opinion. We're certainly moving in the right direction.
                    You've got it spot on Brighton the crowds reaction and the lack of criticism on boards proves that the moaning and abuse was justified , and the posters that buried Thier heads in the sand were hiding from the truth ! We have been given real football plus real effort from the players and management so far , win or lose Im absolutely delighted to see the demise of dross

Comment

Things always turn around if you boo loudly enough.

Give the players plenty of stick and abuse. Let them know what you really think of their performances.

That you will support them through the good times, if not the bad times

Comment

if the team gives their all the fans respond at LR , always been the way . long may it continue

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
                          Things always turn around if you boo loudly enough.

Give the players plenty of stick and abuse. Let them know what you really think of their performances.

That you will support them through the good times, if not the bad times
                          No I don't think that giving the players abuse and stick is the answer , but when some posters told you you was wrong to criticise the last two and a half years of dross , the way the team is playing now proves there are different levels of play even do a blind man , and the level of the last two and a half years was unacceptable

Comment

olly proved himself to be a managerial genius at blackpool hes another bill shankly
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I tend to blame the ref/lino/other team during a game no matter how obvious it's one of our own that f^cks up. Or just sit there scowling... Not one for booing a player, the only exception has been a certain ex Chelski player who made it clear he couldn't give a sh!t, ffs I didn't even boo Traore!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X