Luongo and Ned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo and Ned

Can't fault anyone today, but wanted to single these two out. Luongo was fantastic today, imo his best game for us. Got right stuck in, passing was on point and he was unlucky not to have scored a couple of crackers. Ned did not put a foot wrong today, very solid indeed. Ipswich barely had a sniff until the last few minutes, and while the defence was solid as a whole, Ned was a rock. Great stuff.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

First time Ned has played in the middle of a back three. Suits him.

Comment

yep they did play well although i thought baptiste was our best cb today its still hard to fault ned for the most part.
      gutted for him though, on his 200th game for the club he should have done a spectacular error like scoring an overhead kick from the halfway line right into our net ... 3 times ...

Comment

Baptiste was my man of the match, followed by Luongo (which says a lot about how good baptiste was given my apparent love in for luongo)

Once again, Luongo took his game up a level and the football he's playing is really something special these days. The guy tackles so perfectly and even when he gets tackled, he takes the fall in his stride to get right back up and chase down again. He deserved a goal with the quality of shooting as well today, got very unlucky.

Someone I'd like to surprisingly single out performance wise (not because he was the best on the pitch but because he's grown a lot in so many aspects of his game) is Washington. Some of his touches today were sublime and his movement was excellent all match. I really wish that he'd learn to shoot somewhere other than straight at the keeper because if he did, we'd have a top striker at this level.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yep toss up between two for MOM I would edge for Mass

In first half he cut ball out charged to half way line gave then kept going into the box and nearly got on the end of cross would have been some goal.

Excellent performances from both

Comment

Washington first touch as as good as I have seen Today some of the balls he was pulling out the air had me on my feet

Comment

Did we play a 3-5-2 formation?
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Washington first touch as as good as I have seen Today some of the balls he was pulling out the air had me on my feet
                This. He was excellent. Kept plugging away. So want him to be the goal scorer we need. Shouldn't have been subbed today. Always thought he could nick one. His dummied a pass when he should have had a go, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Yep toss up between two for MOM I would edge for Mass

In first half he cut ball out charged to half way line gave then kept going into the box and nearly got on the end of cross would have been some goal.

Excellent performances from both
                  Its great to hear this nearly every week westy, a few vying for motm is excellent!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Ned was outstanding , he actually played his way out of trouble a few times today , my heart was in my mouth at times but he was faultless
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

The 3 at the back were very good today and worked well as a unit. Luongo was the best player on the pitch by a long way and fully deserved a goal to cap a very impressive performance. Also thought Washington played very well and will get a break soon enough.

Comment

While agreeing with all below, have to add another name here from today's match: Luke Freeman. The guy is an amazing playmaker with talent; every time he touches the ball you feel he's gonna leave the opposing player in his dust. And to see him finally score was not only great for the team,. but may prove an icebreaker for more goals from Luke in the weeks ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                          While agreeing with all below, have to add another name here from today's match: Luke Freeman. The guy is an amazing playmaker with talent; every time he touches the ball you feel he's gonna leave the opposing player in his dust. And to see him finally score was not only great for the team,. but may prove an icebreaker for more goals from Luke in the weeks ahead.
                          I'll be honest, when he took the ball leading up to his goal, I was furious that he didn't switch the play to the open side of the pitch... then he shot.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nah both terrible ginge. Awful, should be bombed off to league 1
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

thought Luongo , Freeman & Scowan quite complement each other all 3 very good, they need to keep imposing themselves on game and we'll be fine, just need to see how they cope when things aint quite going our way

Comment

Working...
                              X