Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can you start taking the league table seriously??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little guidance at the end of October followed by a reality check at New Year, following Christmas results.

Comment

xmas time for me , watch derby , leeds and maybe norwich this season , the only problem we'll have i reckon is that we don't have the strength in depth with our squad

Comment

10 - 12 games starts to paint a picture of where everyone is at.

Been impressed with most of what I've seen so far this season but have only managed Reading and Ipswich at home due to being on holiday.

Not a Holloway fan but credit where due we are looking better than I had expected.
        Long may it continue.

Comment

Saw a few highlights last night & when we play middlesboro if i was ollie id be going for oldskool tactics to his players to take that traore out of the game hook or crook, boy hes got some pace & power, went round 5 players like a old maradona years back

But yeah 10 games is meant to be a good gage but teams are always going to hit patches of bad form or good.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Christmas is usually when you can see if you are play off or relegation material.
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

15 games in and the table will take shape, I expect Boro to be up there once they have their new players settled in. The league looks quite average and every team can beat each other. Home form is good and need it to be as only a point so far on our travels admitedly against 3 half decent sides.

Comment

Quite happy to take notice of the table now tbh considering we are doing quite nicely.

In all honesty I reckon about October time the table takes shape. I remember 2011 season and about that time I started to think we could do it and started taking notice of Cardiff/Swansea results every week.

Comment

Christmas. Besides one or two teams that go on a run, the league is pretty much shaped by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Ya I'd agree with 15 games,if we are in the top half still after 15 games I'd be optimistic we could have a good season,but my definition of a good season is avoiding a bottom 10 finish. The position of a lot of teams after 6 games is very misleading, for example,there is no way Cardiff will win the league and no way will Brentford be relegated
                    I think you underestimate Warnock, Rebel. If anyone can do it with Cardiff its him.

Comment

When can you take the table seriously? Unfortunately when we're much lower in the table, 10 games from now. But I think we'll do better than I thought. Might even make 12-13th place at best. I now think 15th at worst which I would have jumped at before the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Ya I'd agree with 15 games,if we are in the top half still after 15 games I'd be optimistic we could have a good season,but my definition of a good season is avoiding a bottom 10 finish. The position of a lot of teams after 6 games is very misleading, for example,there is no way Cardiff will win the league and no way will Brentford be relegated
                        Question for you, you say there is no way cardiff can win the league and no way Brentford will be relegated, but will they both be in your relegation mini league with us and ipswich?
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

New Year I reckon.... when next transfer window shuts. Obviously you can get a sense of things before then but this league is a 46 game slog until May. Best thing to do at this stage is ignore table and other results and focus on picking up points..... I like to take games in bunches of 3 or 4 rather than get hung up about individual games, aim for at least 2 wins every 4 games sort of thing - that sort of return keeps you comfy in top half of table and sniffing about the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Saw a few highlights last night & when we play middlesboro if i was ollie id be going for oldskool tactics to his players to take that traore out of the game hook or crook, boy hes got some pace & power, went round 5 players like a old maradona years back

But yeah 10 games is meant to be a good gage but teams are always going to hit patches of bad form or good.
                            Mate that Traore is rapid! We need to shut him down from the off, or he will destroy our defence.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                              I think you underestimate Warnock, Rebel. If anyone can do it with Cardiff its him.
                              This with bells on

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Question for you, you say there is no way cardiff can win the league and no way Brentford will be relegated, but will they both be in your relegation mini league with us and ipswich?
                                A bit of a silly post really,just because I don't think Cardiff will win the league doesnt mean I think they will be relagation candidates, you seem to forget there are 24 teams in the league,so 14 teams NOT involved in the mini league,Cardiff I predict will be play off contenders

Comment

Working...
                                X