Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can you start taking the league table seriously??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Mate that Traore is rapid! We need to shut him down from the off, or he will destroy our defence.
    Aint he n arf ginge, dont think ive seen a player power past players like that in this division, looks ridiculasly too good for the championship and middlesboro! a seriously dangerous player!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Saw a few highlights last night & when we play middlesboro if i was ollie id be going for oldskool tactics to his players to take that traore out of the game hook or crook, boy hes got some pace & power, went round 5 players like a old maradona years back

But yeah 10 games is meant to be a good gage but teams are always going to hit patches of bad form or good.
      I reckon I'd look good against Bolton's defence but yeah, he's a major threat for sure.

Comment

Speed with no ability is pointless. I give you SWP and Tony Scully could skin most of pace then put ball out for a goal kick

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Speed with no ability is pointless. I give you SWP and Tony Scully could skin most of pace then put ball out for a goal kick
          True. Would say that SWP in his early City days was a quality winger with an end product. Sadly one of the worst signings we have ever made IMO and the only real example that fits the chant "What a waste of money"

Comment

Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              But Traore also set up both of Assombalonga's goals, he has ability.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Like most about 15 games, by then pretty much everyone will have played a cross selection of what the league has to offer. Thankfully with the teams we've played so far we have done this, if it were just the teams at the bottom I wouldn't be quite as happy as happy with our start as I am

Comment

I only ever check the table following a win, no matter when. It's just how I roll

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    i'd say 15-20 games in but we're off to a bloody good start that has surprised me. i predicted a mid table finish and thougjt we'd be lower down the table based on our opening games but i'm glad i'm wrong on both so far!! i'm starting to feel optimistic for a top half finish now, dont reckon we'll make playoffs though but my god we are playing our best stuff in years, proper good football
                    Agree with the 15 to 20 games, however a few losing or winning runs can change everything. All we need to do is make sure we pick up a few wins every other game, I'll be happy with that with the way in which we're starting playing this season.

For me it's not about this year, we limited to what we can spend which has restricted us, but next season should be a whole new ball game.

For me sorting out our defence is a major priority, if we can get that that right then we'll be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      Agree with the 15 to 20 games, however a few losing or winning runs can change everything. All we need to do is make sure we pick up a few wins every other game, I'll be happy with that with the way in which we're starting playing this season.

For me it's not about this year, we limited to what we can spend which has restricted us, but next season should be a whole new ball game.

For me sorting out our defence is a major priority, if we can get that that right then we'll be okay.
                      Good post Mayur,I agree. The big spending teams will eventually come good,Holloway has spent about 1 million in total this summer so working on a really tight budget,I suspect the owners would be delighted with a 15th or 16th finish which would be a big improvement on last season. If we continue to play like we have been this is certainly achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        I only ever check the table following a win, no matter when. It's just how I roll
                        Christ !!

It must have changed dramatically on a couple of occasions last season then.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Christ !!

It must have changed dramatically on a couple of occasions last season then.
                          If I check it after a defeat it only depresses me, and I don't like to feel depressed (nor do those around me like witnessing it).

Years of bitter experience supporting our club has taught me this

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

What makes you think we will dip into the transfer window next year?

No more parachute payments to balance the books.
                            If anything, we will be looking to cash in on one or two of our players.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

When we're in the 18th to 24th spots.

Comment

actually, end of september (between 8 and 10 games) begins to give a good indication...

last 10 seasons, the team at the top of the table at the end of september has either ended up promoted (7 times) or losing in the play-offs (3 times) - not once has the team failed for the play-offs in that season. relegation is not so nailed on, but 5 of the 10 teams did still end up going down. ominously for whoever is there this year, it's 5 times in the last 6 seasons that the bottom club at the end of september has gone down.

Comment

Working...
                                X