On way home - QPR 2 Ipswich 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbray View Post
    i do hope so. if you have any betting hunches then be sure to post them as this is the second time i've won money from your hunch, i should buy you a pint lol.

what do people think of scowen, luongo and freeman as being the best midfield trio in the championship so far?? they've absolutely bossed it in the first 6 games and today was no different, they blend together incredibly well i think even 77 is happy that mass is doing great
    what did you bet??

The midfield three look very bright love the combinations as they have bit of everything. Mass and Scowen are tenacious and cover the ground Freeman knits all the hard work together as a unit they look solid.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      what did you bet??

The midfield three look very bright love the combinations as they have bit of everything. Mass and Scowen are tenacious and cover the ground Freeman knits all the hard work together as a unit they look solid.
      mackie and freeman to score in a qpr win haha, i can't remember what hunch you had before but it was last season and i won money off that too

Comment

Top man glad your winning

Comment

Thanks romford and great to hear from everyone

Love this bit - "Some of our one touch and pass and move attacks were a joy to watch!" not bad for chest beating lol, to think some will still say they dont rate ollie and cant see whats happening asin progress
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
            i do hope so. if you have any betting hunches then be sure to post them as this is the second time i've won money from your hunch, i should buy you a pint lol.

what do people think of scowen, luongo and freeman as being the best midfield trio in the championship so far?? they've absolutely bossed it in the first 6 games and today was no different, they blend together incredibly well i think even 77 is happy that mass is doing great
            This. Oh you bet. Like a new player. Clearly benefiting from being part of an excellent unit with Scowen and Freeman. Passing and movement on the ball. Steel too. Very impressive. Linking exceptionally well with Pawel on the right. Very well pleased to see this.

Comment

Agree with the OP. Good to watch today and hard work and spirit got the win. Would have been criminal if ipswich got a point but right result in the end, I was in paddock , pretty full but empty looking in W and X block and some gaps at loft end. Hopefully the 2 or 3 thousand stay aways think again. Great chance Tuesday night to build on today

Comment

This midfield is almost the polar opposite of the last one that won us a championship (Faurlin and Derry) in how they play, but they're so good at what they do.
                While faurlin controlled the game with his passing with derry covering everything, this midfield does everything together. Defending? All 3 of them do it superbly well (even Freeman tracks back regularly). Attacking? Scowen brings the ball forward well, Luongo and Freeman carry the ball so intelligently and some of their dinks into the wing are sublime. They don't hold the ball in the middle, they really drive forward regularly and it's so wonderful to watch.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                  Comprehensive and very pleasing win against the Divisions form side, Ipswich were totally outplayed for 86 mins, it would have been a travesty if they had nicked a point, one small lapse of defending at the end gave the crowd a nervous 8 minutes or so.
                  The defence before that had been outstanding with Baptiste having a superb game.
                  One thing about this team is they contest every ball and heads never drop,today the clear MOTM was Luongo who was outstanding, far and away his best game for us.
                  As other teams we are not perfect but the teams mentality is very strong, message to stay away fans, get of your #### and come and support this team, on effort alone they will not let u down.

Some of our one touch and pass and move attacks were a joy to watch, 14,600 including 2,500 Ipswich, very very disappointing for the club.
                  Can't argue with any of that, great team effort
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    This midfield is almost the polar opposite of the last one that won us a championship (Faurlin and Derry) in how they play, but they're so good at what they do.
                    While faurlin controlled the game with his passing with derry covering everything, this midfield does everything together. Defending? All 3 of them do it superbly well (even Freeman tracks back regularly). Attacking? Scowen brings the ball forward well, Luongo and Freeman carry the ball so intelligently and some of their dinks into the wing are sublime. They don't hold the ball in the middle, they really drive forward regularly and it's so wonderful to watch.
                    This.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Thanks romford and great to hear from everyone

Love this bit - "Some of our one touch and pass and move attacks were a joy to watch!" not bad for chest beating lol, to think some will still say they dont rate ollie and cant see whats happening asin progress
                      Didn't know he got onto the pitch today...
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Freeman was top drawer
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Didn't know he got onto the pitch today...
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

My first home game of the season and probably my most enjoyable game for ages. We seemed to cruise most of the game, never really troubled by Ipswich, Ollie has created a proper team here, tight-knit, industrious, fantastic to watch, Freeman, what a gem we have in this lad. Agree with Romford's op, it's a great feeling ain't it, when Rangers are purring!

Comment

we seem to be playing some decent stuff, hopefully the fans will come back. I'm a couple months away from my first visit, u'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                My first home game of the season and probably my most enjoyable game for ages. We seemed to cruise most of the game, never really troubled by Ipswich, Ollie has created a proper team here, tight-knit, industrious, fantastic to watch, Freeman, what a gem we have in this lad. Agree with Romford's op, it's a great feeling ain't it, when Rangers are purring!
                                Really is , and it was my youngest`s first win today ,she`s seen three loses 0-3 0-3 and 1-3 . So i`m made up for her as much as me that she`s finally seen a win . And a brilliant performance to match , happy days !
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X