No announcement yet.

Happy 100th birthday loftus road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we be wearing green n white hoops on Saturday ?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Quee...rk_Rangers.htm

Comment

Shame that the club hasn't used the milestone as a reason to do a promotion. Pack it out for the game as Ipswich is a properly boring fixture. Lower the prices for the one game and get it packed to celebrate 100 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
        Shame that the club hasn't used the milestone as a reason to do a promotion. Pack it out for the game as Ipswich is a properly boring fixture. Lower the prices for the one game and get it packed to celebrate 100 years.
        Yeah, and everyone should dress up in 1917s gear....Ted can come as is

Comment

Happy 100th birthday loftus road.

what are your great memories?

mine would be.......................

1st ever game against luton in the league cup. (1980s) winning 2-1.

beating palace to stay up in the last game of the season. 90s.

the old tramp in front of me in the loft end, always stunk the terrace out.

last standing game against arsenal in the cup.

someone gobbing into the eye of tony coton when he went to retieve the ball from behind the goal, then giving a poor 12 year old the death stare that scared the shyte out of the lad (me)

happy birthday loftus road.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

my first game at home was over White City Stadium
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

First game against spurs, beating the scum, Oldham,Liverpool,smashing Blackpool in the sun, crazy goafer guy, tarbs lifting the old trophy the list goes on and on. One day I'm sure we will move to a shiney new stadium but you know what there's no place like home. Loftus road you my dear are absolutely magnificent. Hope the boys and the fans do it proud today I'll be keeping an eye out from the beach. COYRS

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=qp...&dpr=1#imgrc=_

Great old pictures of Loftus road

Comment

so many memories , so many happy times , cup games , european games ,promotions , top goals by francis , bowles, leach, givens, allen ,goddard,currie , stainrod, gallen ,furlong , austin . makes todays strikers look really poor , but we've got what we've got onwards and upwards , uR's

Comment

Was the palace game a fix???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      They couldn't have tried any harder to help us out lol

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Comment

Don't think it was my first game but the first game I remember was nott forest at home. We won 4-3 sir les got a hatrick. I was in lower loft when it was still standing. Couldn't see anything but my dad had me on his shoulders when we kept goin in on goal. Atmosphere was unbelievable. Loved em ever since. Your never get a better atmos than loftus rd when it's pumping no other ground like it.

Comment

From memory they were on verge of going bust and desperate for cash under Goldstein and we needed win to stay up and low and behold we score six goals

We were all out early on booze before that game expecting the worse

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                              Don't think it was my first game but the first game I remember was nott forest at home. We won 4-3 sir les got a hatrick. I was in lower loft when it was still standing. Couldn't see anything but my dad had me on his shoulders when we kept goin in on goal. Atmosphere was unbelievable. Loved em ever since. Your never get a better atmos than loftus rd when it's pumping no other ground like it.

Used to stand back if loft right handcside with the singers. Always remember the crush when we scored

Comment

Great thread Hits
                                For me it wasn't just the on pitch events that stand out. It was the smells, sounds and feelings you got on match day.
                                Born on Wormholt Rd, nursery in WCE and first school Pope John's, left for NW10 aged 7, matchday for me was like going home.
                                Familiar faces, sounds and smells made it very special.
                                Earliest childhood memories were getting the 220 bus on matchday and that magical walk from White City stadium to LR.
                                I returned earlier this year for the first time in over 11 years and it was like I had never been away.
                                Whatever the future holds for LR, my fondest matchday memories will forever remain lucid.
                                Happy 100th Loftus Road
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X