2018/19 Summer Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018/19 Summer Transfer Window

At long last it would appear that some common sense has arrived in the PL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41188235

Let's hope the FL follow suit sharpish and stop this nonsense.

If you can sell players still, how does this fix much?

Comment

common sense will prevail when wages and transfer fees plummet. I'm forever being asked to pay more for Sky coverage, as they continue to move the goalposts to get more money out of you
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Am I reading this correctly? They can buy only before the start of the season, but can sell after. Doesn't that mean a PL player won't be able to move to another PL club after the season starts? But they could be offloaded to an EFL club or abroad as things currently stand. Seems bizarre.

Comment

It's a poor decision. We're now in this country under the thumb of the rest of the world. Until our deadline, prices are gonna be ridiculous from outside only for them to fall once our window closes here. Do the decision makers think this will help us bring a champions league trophy back to England? This decision honestly makes me feel like Man Utd this season are the only chance we'll have to win a champions league in the next 5 years or at least until the rest of europe makes the same dumb decision we just did.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

It's going to do fck all. The yellow tie day on sky just moves from 31st August to 9th August.

Comment

if it was the same the world over it'd be a good idea. however its just gunna drive prices up as clubs wont have time to push the fee down. one positive i can see though is youth players, teams will have to turn to their academy to replace injured ones

Comment

Doesn't everyone fill their boots with who they want, then leave selling the dross for the final three weeks?

Comment

On the positive side does this mean we get to see Natalie Sawyer in a tight yellow dress on two occasions now?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    It's a poor decision. We're now in this country under the thumb of the rest of the world. Until our deadline, prices are gonna be ridiculous from outside only for them to fall once our window closes here. Do the decision makers think this will help us bring a champions league trophy back to England? This decision honestly makes me feel like Man Utd this season are the only chance we'll have to win a champions league in the next 5 years or at least until the rest of europe makes the same dumb decision we just did.
                    Hopefully the rest of europe follows suit

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      On the positive side does this mean we get to see Natalie Sawyer in a tight yellow dress on two occasions now?
                      If that was the case I'd campaign for a monthly window !

Comment

Working...
                      X