No Plans To Sell QPR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    He has been a very poor Chairman in his decision making, but I do genuinely believe he has taken these with the club's best interest at heart.
    Now times are getting difficult again, he has reigned in the spending or perhaps the FFP saga has and these are the consequences of those earlier decisions.

Part of me does want him to sell, but I am wary that any new owner may just be interested in asset stripping the club as some have done elsewhere or could end up being owners like those at Blackburn and Charlton. So perhaps better the devil you know and hope things improve.
    Absolutely spot on.

I like TF, no-one can deny his heart is in the right place and everything he has done has been with the best intention. But the fact is, where he purchased us from and where we are now it can only be gleaned that his tenure so far has been of wastage and failure.

He has time to put it right tho, and the signs over the last year or so are encouraging. Lets hope he gets it right and we can be a proud little club punching above our weight (again).

Comment

I think by any objective standard, TF's regime would have to be judged a pretty spectacular failure. It's mind blowing to think that Flava Flav & co left us higher up the charts than we are now. No matter how genuine TF may appear, the form is in the book and it aint pretty.

However for reasons previously given, I seriously doubt that an orderly queue of buyers has formed up. The person I'd like to hear from is the Mittal board member.....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Sounds like silly lefties

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          I think by any objective standard, TF's regime would have to be judged a pretty spectacular failure. It's mind blowing to think that Flava Flav & co left us higher up the charts than we are now. No matter how genuine TF may appear, the form is in the book and it aint pretty.

However for reasons previously given, I seriously doubt that an orderly queue of buyers has formed up. The person I'd like to hear from is the Mittal board member.....
          And yet you would concede that he has perhaps learnt from his mistakes (as the interview also alludes to), promising signs of which are gradually beginning to manifest? Here for example: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ntford-website

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Sounds like silly lefties
            or silly righties...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              And yet you would concede that he has perhaps learnt from his mistakes (as the interview also alludes to), promising signs of which are gradually beginning to manifest? Here for example: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ntford-website
              Not only that Stan, but where Hal says "It's mind blowing to think that Flava Flav & co left us higher up the charts than we are now. No matter how genuine TF may appear, the form is in the book and it aint pretty..." he makes an assumption (it is implicit anyway, in what he says) that this is where we'll stay. However, we cannot make this comparison truly until the end of his tenure, and if this radical root and branch overhaul bears fruit, we may - may - see things vastly improved compared with the Tango and Cash era. It's a journey, it's not finished yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Not only that Stan, but where Hal says "It's mind blowing to think that Flava Flav & co left us higher up the charts than we are now. No matter how genuine TF may appear, the form is in the book and it aint pretty..." he makes an assumption (it is implicit anyway, in what he says) that this is where we'll stay. However, we cannot make this comparison truly until the end of his tenure, and if this radical root and branch overhaul bears fruit, we may - may - see things vastly improved compared with the Tango and Cash era. It's a journey, it's not finished yet...

But you can compare Flav and Tone based on the amount of time each has spent at the helm, factoring in points gained per £ spent - and on that basis the form is there for all to see. Things may work out - equally, they may not.

Unless of course you're saying that the current scenario was part of TF's cunning plan from day one...........

Comment

He hired proven professionals to advise him and they let him down. Wasted a lot of HIS money - not ours so stop sh*tting yourselves about it.

He has recognised his previous errors and won't make them again.

Club has been in much worse situations.

Anyway, this argument goes round and round in circles. Try not to think about whats going on in the background and enjoy the football!
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    But you can compare Flav and Tone based on the amount of time each has spent at the helm, factoring in points gained per £ spent - and on that basis the form is there for all to see. Things may work out - equally, they may not.

Unless of course you're saying that the current scenario was part of TF's cunning plan from day one...........
                    You would be right on that scenario but it is selective and they were hugely unpopular at the club with good reason.
                    I know which I would prefer.

Comment

he would only waste what ever cash he made from any sale.He worse than me with cash
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                        He worse than me with cash
                        :lol:

guns in the boardroom etc etc proved to be a relatively successful corporate approach....... one we didn't learn from ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          he would only waste what ever cash he made from any sale.He worse than me with cash
                          Hes at it again, wasting his dough.
                          http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...andes-13589612

Comment

He's only paying for the transfer from LHR/LGW. Air Asia are doing the rest. Second hand value of an empty plane seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                              He's only paying for the transfer from LHR/LGW. Air Asia are doing the rest. Second hand value of an empty plane seat?
                              What a stingy farker. Tight as arrisholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Hes at it again, wasting his dough.
                                http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...andes-13589612
                                A mate of mine is a pilot out in Hong Kong and once literally parked next to the QPR plane and was disembarking as Tony came off it. He said he had a fifteen minute chat with Tony, telling him he was a QPR supporter. Tony offered him a ticket for the play off final as it was the following week. He couldn't go but what a nice gesture.

Comment

Working...
                                X