No Plans To Sell QPR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    A mate of mine is a pilot out in Hong Kong and once literally parked next to the QPR plane and was disembarking as Tony came off it. He said he had a fifteen minute chat with Tony, telling him he was a QPR supporter. Tony offered him a ticket for the play off final as it was the following week. He couldn't go but what a nice gesture.
    Not that nice a gesture, what's the value of an unsold second hand play off ticket that he obviously got for nishmans?

Comment

Wonder if the plane's still painted in our colours?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
        Wonder if the plane's still painted in our colours?
        I believe so

Comment

Prety sure its still there but the old crest still on it mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Not that nice a gesture, what's the value of an unsold second hand play off ticket that he obviously got for nishmans?
            Unbelievable eh!

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
              Not so sure i believe him .... He looked a little shell shocked .... i for one hope he does stay and builds us back up

i wouldn't hold my breath that he see's us as a priority.

yes the stadium has gone for a burton but, who needs stadiums when he can build up a nice little portfolio of properties for himself and tunegroup.

Tony Fernandes‏Verified account @tonyfernandes 13h13 hours ago
              More
              Great breakfast with high commissioner @VickiTreadell discussing Investment especially affordable homes in old oak

i cannot help but feel that we are his vehicle to him and his mates in gaining a foothold in old oak with all those houses/flats and offices up for grabs.

but of course he wont sell us, he loves us too much and he is happy wiping out our 10mil debt each year.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                i wouldn't hold my breath that he see's us as a priority.

yes the stadium has gone for a burton but, who needs stadiums when he can build up a nice little portfolio of properties for himself and tunegroup.

Tony Fernandes‏Verified account @tonyfernandes 13h13 hours ago
                More
                Great breakfast with high commissioner @VickiTreadell discussing Investment especially affordable homes in old oak

i cannot help but feel that we are his vehicle to him and his mates in gaining a foothold in old oak with all those houses/flats and offices up for grabs.

but of course he wont sell us, he loves us too much and he is happy wiping out our 10mil debt each year.
                Indeed. As an example Brighton have applied for something like 600 houses on the site next door to their training facility.

To be fair modern football stupidly expensive so books have to be balanced somehow, especially for smaller clubs.

Comment

The days of second hand car dealers buying up clubs because they love them, a la Jim Gregory god rest his soul, are long gone.
                  Did Roman Abromavich buy Chelsea because he had some sort of affinity with them. I doubt it very much.
                  Like most current chairmen he just happened to be able to afford to satisfy a desire, scratch an itch, call it what you will.
                  Of course it's an ego boost to own a club, that doesn't make it a crime.
                  What you hope for as a fan is that once the owners experience some of the highs and lows of football they are bitten by the bug. None of us can speak for Fernandes but he does seem to still have the desire to make it work.
                  As for criticising him for trying to help fund a new ground by making money at the same time, good luck finding an owner that wouldn't try and do that.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

As for criticising him for trying to help fund a new ground by making money at the same time, good luck finding an owner that wouldn't try and do that.
                    maybe we could find a saint...saint jude?

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                      The days of second hand car dealers buying up clubs because they love them, a la Jim Gregory god rest his soul, are long gone.
                      Did Roman Abromavich buy Chelsea because he had some sort of affinity with them. I doubt it very much.
                      Like most current chairmen he just happened to be able to afford to satisfy a desire, scratch an itch, call it what you will.
                      Of course it's an ego boost to own a club, that doesn't make it a crime.
                      What you hope for as a fan is that once the owners experience some of the highs and lows of football they are bitten by the bug. None of us can speak for Fernandes but he does seem to still have the desire to make it work.
                      Great post.

Comment

Working...
                      X