X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonights U23 game live on Brentford website

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/201...b-live-stream/

Don't know why it's not on our site...
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Allover em !

Comment

Brentford B fell to their first defeat in nine matches as Queens Park Rangers U23 won by three goals to nil at Griffin Park.

Easy Easy !

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Brentford B fell to their first defeat in nine matches as Queens Park Rangers U23 won by three goals to nil at Griffin Park.

Easy Easy !
          Ollie should've put that team out for is in the cup match. Nicely done chaps.

Comment

Last season when youth teams were getting hammered Ramsey got some serious stick on this board with people saying it was jobs for boys and Rooney rubbish. This season all youth teams so far have taken significant step forwards

In this role Ramsey is worth his weight in gold with proven track record time to give him some respect

I like look of the CB Paul think he has a future in the game

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Last season when youth teams were getting hammered Ramsey got some serious stick on this board with people saying it was jobs for boys and Rooney rubbish. This season all youth teams so far have taken significant step forwards

In this role Ramsey is worth his weight in gold with proven track record time to give him some respect

Agreed. I thought Aramide Oteh looked a good prospect too. Was right handful for their defenders at times.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                Agreed. I thought Aramide Oteh looked a good prospect too. Was right handful for their defenders at times.
                Watched the game. We played some lovely one touch football at times. Defence was solid. Partnership of Paul and Phillips could be a future one for us Phillips pace and power and Paul the footballing partner calm in possession good in the air. Kakay looks to have a future at right back. To me he is better then furlong maybe not so much in the air but kakay has explosive pace great going forward as well. Aramide oteh what a handful full of explosive pace and tricks but what stood out is his pure power at such a young age. Looking good for our future lads keep believing be patient. This team literally battered a good Brentford team and very professionally to as well.

Comment

A little more silent this season, one could wonder why?

Comment

So its catch 22 as might be to early to call but any of these players worth tying up now so we don't lose them like the Everton lad

Comment

And, as evil Les said, if they're not good enough for QPR it is important for them to find other clubs and become good pros, if so more youngsters will be interested in the QPR youth set up.

Comment

Many never doubted Ramsey's value in this role. We're starting to see the fruits of his labours from the last 1.5 years since his appointment as Technical Director - still a short time in the grand scheme of things. It was always going to take time to rebuild the youth set up and hopefully his critics will start recognising this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Many never doubted Ramsey's value in this role.
                          In fact, many argued that this was the ONLY role suitable for him. It's great its working out.

I still think if we're now a 'development' orientated club you need to blood the youngsters sooner rather than later. Eze didn't come through the ranks but sending him on loan this term was totally pointless for a club with our limitations.

Comment

Totally agree credit where it's due he's doing a really excellent job and for the first time in donkeys we've got some genuine talent coming through

Comment

i love what ramsey and the club is doing with the academy its proper class stuff given we haven't produced someone from there in 20 years (discounting langley, jones and sterling). we're playing the same style of football on the u23s as we are our first team and theres some real quality players picked up from obscurity or who've been discarded by other clubs.
                              ramsey is brilliant in his role and imo one of the best in the country for youth development, just look at the players he brought through at spurs and its mightly impressive. if he can do half the job he did at spurs we'll have some right talents on our hands.
                              its great that we've got some defenders coming through too as christ knows thats an area we desperately need some reinforcements there. i reckon theres around 10-15 players in the academy that have a good chance of making the first team and even if only 3 make it with us thats still a fantastic return on players who didnt cost a penny!

Comment

Working...
                              X