Interview with Ian Holloway on Loft For Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Ian Holloway on Loft For Words

To mark 100 years at Loftus Road. Great read.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...yth--interview

Olly out!

Comment

You can't help but love the bloke, absolute salt of the earth.
      Talks some sense too.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Has he been here that long?

Comment

very good interview and reassurring too. i do love whats going on on the field atm and most of the off the field stuff is great too

Comment

He does talk a lot.

Interesting comment on Premier League "That's where everyone wants to be"

Overall, mainly "jam tomorrow". Worth waiting for though?

Surely?

Comment

Just realised, nothing on FFP. Taboo.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                Just realised, nothing on FFP. Taboo.
                Well I guess Clive didn't ask him about it as he knows where that sits at the moment anyway. I am not sure IH would know any more.

Comment

Hard not to like the guy. Remember his first interview after joining as manager.

Sounds all great but then we go on long losing runs ...

Hopefully he can turn things around but he has a lot to prove after last season's debacle. Start to this season mixed as far as I'm concerned. See where we are after a dozen games.

Comment

Fair play to him. At last someone who gets the role of Les so drop the agenda guys you have it from the horses mouth Les and his role is vital he admits he cannot do everything.

Also very interesting about Ravel given the barrage Les got when he re-signed and huge respect to Ollie for admitting it was his call. Very reassured to read honest views on Goss and Manning too

The only thing I disagree on is Brentford team and like Ollie I myself don't give a s hit he cannot see how badly he got it

Overall having read that I feel bit reassured by him and would say regardless of some reservations time to back the manager

Comment

Brilliant interview should be a compusary read

Comment

That explains I suppose why Sylla and Smith aren't starting and Mackie/Conor are, not chasing back enough?

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Hard not to like the guy. Remember his first interview after joining as manager.

Sounds all great but then we go on long losing runs ...

Hopefully he can turn things around but he has a lot to prove after last season's debacle. Start to this season mixed as far as I'm concerned. See where we are after a dozen games.
                          I agree, it is hard not to like him, but it's not his passion that I don't like, it's the end results, performances and team selections that I am not keen on.

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Fair play to him. At last someone who gets the role of Les so drop the agenda guys you have it from the horses mouth Les and his role is vital he admits he cannot do everything.

Also very interesting about Ravel given the barrage Les got when he re-signed and huge respect to Ollie for admitting it was his call. Very reassured to read honest views on Goss and Manning too

The only thing I disagree on is Brentford team and like Ollie I myself don't give a s hit he cannot see how badly he got.

Overall having read that I feel bit reassured by him and would say regardless of some reservations time to back the manager
                          I agree that having read that we get a better understanding of the roles played by Ferdinand Hoos and Penrice, and yes like you, I think he got the Brentford c@@@ up all wrong and he doesn't get it. Selecting Onuoha would not have made much difference, and it looks like he won't be doing things differently for the FA Cup.

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          That explains I suppose why Sylla and Smith aren't starting and Mackie/Conor are, not chasing back enough?
                          Sorry, but I don't get why he and others think that forwards need to track back deep into their own half. I get it that if the striker loses the ball he should try and win it back, but only up to a point. Do we expect CB's to join in with the attacks (other than at set pieces)? Occasionally they may venture upfield, but certainly not on a frequent basis, so why should we ask the centre forwards to frequently drop deep.

He is correct about the bit about the back injury though, as that is unprofessional and not acceptable behaviour.
                          Last edited by stanistheman; 08-09-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            should be a compulsary read
                            Yep, sadly too many won't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                              Trouble is we want forwards that can score not because they can defend and defenders that can defend not because they can attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X