Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs for Carlisle: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...stoke-13656747

Comment

• When you consider he couldn't agree terms with us, was quoted to want a if d club "near to home" and honestly isn't up to Championship pace anymore, I would say a reunion with Curle is not a bad outcome for Clinton.

Personally, I would rather he went elsewhere to prove if he can still cut it as a full time pro (because I'm not convinced he can as a Championship defender) because he would have destroyed the rep and bonhomie he has with our fan base if it had gone Pete Tong. Once he's done that (one way or the other) and then moved on to coaching and, ultimately, management, I'm sure there's a fit at Rangers, but imo, he's in a queue behind others, including Ainsworth and Derry, who have a good few years experience on Clint already.

Back in the early part of this debate, when some queried if Clint would ever get his badges, someone pointed out he had at least his B Licence, well that's because we did it together, and trust me, it's no easy achievement. Even despite his fitness levels, I'm not convinced a trip to Glasgow really suited Clint and I'm equally convinced that we did well to "miss out" on Clint this time around.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fella, believe he will be a top coach and manager in the future and I'm sure there could be a place for him in W12, but let it be in the distant future, because that would be the best outcome for all of us (IMO of course)
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Best of luck to him, will be watching for their results and price for him as first scorer as he will nick a goal or two at that level

Comment

• Good luck to him and probably the right decision for everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
            Keith Curle is trying to get him to join his team
            Said this on the 3rd September
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Look up today's Times feature on Gareth Ainsworth, think he's the fourth or fifth longest serving manager in the country. Very positive and interesting read

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Said this on the 3rd September
                ITK!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stanley;1646820]Signs for Carlisle:

I´ll get my coat
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Clint Hill.

Why oh why didn`t we give him a contract. Look at us now?? All our CB`s are out.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Another shrewd move made by QPR FC

Comment

• Hes no Lua Lua.

Comment

• Should of given him a 6 month deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                            Look up today's Times feature on Gareth Ainsworth, think he's the fourth or fifth longest serving manager in the country. Very positive and interesting read
                            He's already been written off on here as a useless #### of a league 2 manager. He's no Gerry Francis that's for sure, prefers to be held accountable as a frontline manager.

Comment

• Hill: QPR couldn’t offer first-team football but future return still possible

Clint Hill says a return to QPR failed to materialise because the club could not guarantee him regular first-team football. The experienced defender, who became a fans’ favourite during his six years at Loftus Road, was available after leaving Glasgow Rangers last summer. But, despite training with QPR for a week in September and turning out for their Under-23 side, Hill was unable to agree a deal to rejoin the club.

He explained: “QPR is very close to my heart, it’s a special place for me. I spent six years there and had some good times and bad times. I was more than interested in playing for them again, but the indications were that I wouldn’t have played every week. I wanted to keep playing and I’d sold my house down there when we moved to Glasgow, so I didn’t feel I could justify it.”

Ironically, the R’s have since been beset by defensive injuries that would probably have ensured Hill a regular place in the team. However, the 39-year-old, who has since joined League Two side Carlisle until the end of the season, has not ruled out returning to QPR in the future.

He added: “The timing wasn’t right. But I think maybe further down the line we could do something coaching-wise.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/h...-coaching-role

Comment

• Get him in as manager as was it not him that made Harry keep Traore on and take himself at Wembley? Clearly has a better tactical brain than our highly rated management team.

Comment

Working...
                                X