No announcement yet.

Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what as a squad member he probably could still offer something. He did looked very switched on on Saturday but then again he was facing some awful celebs. But his work ethic and professionalism would defo set example

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      You know what as a squad member he probably could still offer something. He did looked very switched on on Saturday but then again he was facing some awful celebs. But his work ethic and professionalism would defo set example
      I loved the way Clint was playing it like it was a league game, at one point he was having a pop at Mo Farah for a poor touch

I love Clint and would welcome him back in a coaching capacity with open arms, however I really really do not think he is the answer in terms of playing - think nostalgia is blinding a few that think he should still be playing for us tbh.

Anyway, he is about to sign for Carlisle isn't he?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Could do a lot worse than get him in for a season

Bar Baptiste, we don't really have any backup CBs. Hall is sadly a perma crock and caulkers problems are well documented.

I'm sure Clint could still give Lynch a run for his money when it comes to starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Could do a lot worse than get him in for a season

Bar Baptiste, we don't really have any backup CBs. Hall is sadly a perma crock and caulkers problems are well documented.

I'm sure Clint could still give Lynch a run for his money when it comes to starting
          I'm sure he'd give Onuoha a run for his money too.
          In fact the only thing Ned could do better than Clint is run faster.

Clint more than makes up for lack of speed with timing, reading the game and being switched on.

Ned switched on? One complete mess up per game suggests not.

I'd take Clint in a heartbeat. Good enough to stand in for any one of our CB's and as many have said he should be bought in for his influence and potential coaching alone.

Comment

If there's any way we can make sure Ollie and Les know how much we all want Clint back, and how great he always was for us on the pitch, I hope someone makes that happen. Would absolutely love it if he finished up his career with us and went on to become our defense coach. Awesome player, top top bloke, I'd have to say one of my favourite players of all time since I started supporting QPR.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Does seem he still wants to play competitively (could he ever play in any other way?). Seems Carlisle is not definite, "he still has other options". Perhaps still a glimmer then?

Wondered if his influence might be diluted if he had a coaching role. It's undeniable on the field, but might it get lost in the heat of play without him along with you? I guess he'd just re-enforce it in training. But if as he does still want to play, he would be leading on the field. Job done. If only.

Of course mention of Clint can't pass without mention of Shaun, but he seems settled in Cambrige.

Comment

it was said on Saturday that he doesn't have a club at the moment, believe he's training with Chester or Chesterfield one of these 2

Comment

clint was a fabulous player and one of the most amazing players ive ever seen
                  but i doubt if he could still do a job for us now surely his old legs have gone
                  Last edited by qprted; 04-09-2017, 11:02 AM.
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    it was said on Saturday that he doesn't have a club at the moment, believe he's training with Chester or Chesterfield one of these 2
                    Carlisle.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

i would love clint to come back as a player coach. he was brilliant for us and would certainly give it his all too, i reckon he'd still be reliable too. he adapted his game brilliantly when he got older and what he lacked in pace he more than made up for it with his experience, leadership, posotioning and tackling. he'd work well in a 3 man defence too where other cbs can cover for his lack of pace, ned played well alongside clint and i reckon hall and furlong would have a lot to learn from him too

Comment

Sorry you cannot live in the past. He was a good,brave player for us but at his age he is just past it. It wouldn't take long for the keyboard warriors to start on him. Why should he ruin his legacy.
                        P

Comment

Clint Hill has to be one of my all time favourite players - would be great to get him here coaching some day if he does his badges.

Comment

Thought he always had a coaching career in mind.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Brilliant and so talented is Hugh Jackman. Russel crowe was absolutely dire but Hugh stole the show with a couple of others
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X