qpr official website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qpr official website.

the black and white photo that crops up at the bottom of the fixture thread, and other threads.

"sweat and blood"_"as well as technique and tactics"

anyone know who that is against.
    recognise a couple of faces to the right in the crowd.

I would guess it's our promotion season 1972/73, possibly Swindon,who we slaughtered 5-0.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

good shout there dave, not 100% sure of the game though....'72/73 looks about right.

first game for me, notts forrest at home 1968, is that 49 years?

Comment

Yep, 49 years, I would suggest the photo is the School End, as you can't see the wall of the boys section that was at the Loft End.

If it is the 72/73 that was a great season, we were very good, Bowles, Thomas, Francis, Givens, Parkes, Leach.

Brian Moore loved us on the Big Match.

Comment

got brian moores autograph when we played arsenal at home, maybe 1974, beat them 2-0, I think.
          was on the big match......got frank mcklintocks as well, same day.
          signed on the back of the programme, just by chance underneath the paddock.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
            the black and white photo that crops up at the bottom of the fixture thread, and other threads.

"sweat and blood"_"as well as technique and tactics"

anyone know who that is against.
            recognise a couple of faces to the right in the crowd.
            With that comment about sweat blood aswell as technique and tactics cue some comments from #hashtaghits or #stanis or #macca or #rod
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I got Malcolm Macdonald's autograph after a 4-0 defeat at a night home circa 74/75 and got mugged walking down Batman Close by a gang of 'yoofs', still got it today.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                With that comment about sweat blood aswell as technique and tactics cue some comments from #hashtaghits or #stanis or #macca or #rod
                good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                  I got Malcolm Macdonald's autograph after a 4-0 defeat at a night home circa 74/75 and got mugged walking down Batman Close by a gang of 'yoofs', still got it today.
                  remember that league cup game.
                  score came out of nowhere.

Comment

Think it was 1973 v Fulham ? 2-0 to us ?

Comment

Could that then be Steve Earle of Fulham walking away looking dejected?

Comment

First post, please be gentle with me....

If it's the picture I think that's being referred to then it's the FA cup replay v Chelsea January 1974. Rangers players celebrate Bowles' match winning header. Note the fact that the Chelsea crest has been airbrushed from opponents shirt. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frentzen View Post
                          First post, please be gentle with me....

If it's the picture I think that's being referred to then it's the FA cup replay v Chelsea January 1974. Rangers players celebrate Bowles' match winning header. Note the fact that the Chelsea crest has been airbrushed from opponents shirt. It's political correctness gone mad I tell you.
                          Welcome Frentzen, if it is that Chelsea game, that was the day they demolished the wall at the Loft End and invaded the pitch at the end of the game, I think the scum played in Red, White and Green, a dreadful kit.

Comment

Cheers cross it Dave.
                            Yes it was that match and I agree not the best of kits! I recently found the original pic online and sent it off to a Rangers mate asking him to spot the difference between new site photo and original photo....

Comment

Working...
                            X