What the fu ck has happened to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    It's as clear as day now that there was never any intention of spending any money. Just kept up the pretence till 11pm last night.
    Lol pretence? It's been obvious all summer that we've reigned in the spending.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      It's as clear as day now that there was never any intention of spending any money. Just kept up the pretence till 11pm last night.
      Better jack in my season ticket now, bought on the pretence of us actually spending the money I provided in this window.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Lol pretence? It's been obvious all summer that we've reigned in the spending.
        Not to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I would hate to see the finances of some supporters the way they dictate we should spend spend spend. Must literally live on the never never hand to mouth
          Madness ain't it?

As is the current trend of writing players off before they've kicked a ball.

Not a massive advocate of Fernandes as a chairman. I think him and his cronies have been very poor on the whole. But they can't win, can they?

When they were chucking the money around, plenty on here were calling for us to live within our means, improve our youth system and sign players from the lower leagues. Now we're actually doing that, the same people have gone into a full blown meltdown cos they're not excited by the players we are signing.

I actually think we'll be alright this season based on what I've seen. I also like the look of pretty much every player we've brought in this window. Yeah, I'd have liked us to have signed a decent centre half, but I think we'll be ok regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Madness ain't it?

As is the current trend of writing players off before they've kicked a ball.

Not a massive advocate of Fernandes as a chairman. I think him and his cronies have been very poor on the whole. But they can't win, can they?

When they were chucking the money around, plenty on here were calling for us to live within our means, improve our youth system and sign players from the lower leagues. Now we're actually doing that, the same people have gone into a full blown meltdown cos they're not excited by the players we are signing.

I actually think we'll be alright this season based on what I've seen. I also like the look of pretty much every player we've brought in this window. Yeah, I'd have liked us to have signed a decent centre half, but I think we'll be ok regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              If we have all accepted we are in a long rebuilding phase and are now a lower-mid table team, why are people surprised when we dont win every game 5-0 and splash 20mil on players?
              What we using lego bricks
              You Rsssssss

Comment

People are calling for balanced spending, and believe we are under-spending now. However after having been overspending massively for quite a few seasons, underspending is the exact thing that is needed to achieve balance. Especially because the parachute money are ending and we still have no conclusion on the FFP saga.

So "spend a million or two on a CB and a few million or 5 on a proven goalscorer" should under normal circumstances not be out of our reach. But because of the previous cash spunking, it just isn't right now. Spending less than other clubs these days is balanced spending for us, because it is needed to balance our books - which is needed to create a healthy foundation for our club to be in solid financial shape for many years to come.

I really don't see the warning signs of TF trying to get rid of the club. I see someone trying to run a balanced and healthy ship... hopefully he has learned a thing or two from the Beard/HR/MH days and from his Caterham adventure.

... or maybe I'm too busy happy clapping wearing my rose-tinted glasses.
                QPR since 1993
                WATRB since 2015
                First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
                  I really don't see the warning signs of TF trying to get rid of the club.
                  Would do everyone a favour if he did sell IMO.

Comment

What do you expect when the club is being run by Coco the clown and all the other clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      What do you expect when the club is being run by Coco the clown and all the other clowns
                      Rather them than the clowns on the terraces

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Would do everyone a favour if he did sell IMO.
                        Not a dig but how would it do everyone a favour, fans on here bang on about playing youth team players, then want to spend millions on a striker.
                        We are a small club, have poor support, one of the smallest grounds in the championship, and do not generate much income, not much has changed since my first game in 1965, some of our fans think we are a big club, we would barely make the top 40, however I will support the club whatever happens, that's what true supporters do.

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
                          People are calling for balanced spending, and believe we are under-spending now. However after having been overspending massively for quite a few seasons, underspending is the exact thing that is needed to achieve balance. Especially because the parachute money are ending and we still have no conclusion on the FFP saga.

So "spend a million or two on a CB and a few million or 5 on a proven goalscorer" should under normal circumstances not be out of our reach. But because of the previous cash spunking, it just isn't right now. Spending less than other clubs these days is balanced spending for us, because it is needed to balance our books - which is needed to create a healthy foundation for our club to be in solid financial shape for many years to come.

I really don't see the warning signs of TF trying to get rid of the club. I see someone trying to run a balanced and healthy ship... hopefully he has learned a thing or two from the Beard/HR/MH days and from his Caterham adventure.

... or maybe I'm too busy happy clapping wearing my rose-tinted glasses.
                          I get that they might not be able to buy players, but to not even bring some in on loan is wrong. They loaned Lua Lua, but he is not what the squad needed.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            I get that they might not be able to buy players, but to not even bring some in on loan is wrong. They loaned Lua Lua, but he is not what the squad needed.
                            I agree completely. I don't get the LuaLua loan, and I would like to have seen a CB and striker come in on loan.
                            QPR since 1993
                            WATRB since 2015
                            First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

What we're going through now is a direct consequence of TF's supermarket dash mentality when he came in.

The problem with a complete U turn is that it lacks any semblance of balance, ie it is totally reactionary: boom and bust.

Mid table would be a result under current circs, think most of us would take that sharpish.

Comment

Working...
                              X