Fulham splashing the cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    To be fair to them now is the best chance to push with those players, as you say. If they don't make it though, I'd be interested to see if there is any punishment in their spending - same applies to Wolves. FFP is a bollarks rule that only favours the big boys - it stops smaller clubs ever being able to break into the elite of English football.
    I know we spent a lot in the prem to try and compete with the big boys but to do what Wolves/Villa/Newcastle etc doing in the Championship is obscene. Hope they get done over
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
      I know we spent a lot in the prem to try and compete with the big boys but to do what Wolves/Villa/Newcastle etc doing in the Championship is obscene. Hope they get done over
      Newcastle?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        Newcastle?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          Newcastle?
          Last season, i know they aren't in it this season lol
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous how much teams in this division are spending on players.

Quite happy with the route we are now taking. Pretty sure that good scouting can get you quality players at a fraction of the price some very average players are going for.

Makes me laugh when I think back about several seasons in succession when people on here wanted us to spend way over the odds for Jordan Rhodes, for example. Almost as stupid as bringing in the likes of Hughes and Redknapp and allowing them to cause the amount of damage they did. Damage we are still recovering from. Damage which others will be suffering in the next couple of years whilst watching us make sready progress and wishing they had done the same. Leeds, Wolves, Hull, Reading, Derby, Fulham, Villa etc. may well be splashing the cash, but the majority of them won't be in the PL despite doing so.

The really irritating thing for me is that rather than be upfront about it all to begin with, the club still allowed the fans to be misled by claims of getting business done early and imminent signings.

Comment

it helps when you get a player for nothing (Aluko) and in a year, get a sizable fee for him
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

They are still w@nkers

Comment

Yes Fulham certainly wnot be involved in our mini league

Comment

Probably because they have already sold 3 players for a combined £13m this season?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Absolutely ridiculous how much teams in this division are spending on players.

Quite happy with the route we are now taking. Pretty sure that good scouting can get you quality players at a fraction of the price some very average players are going for.

Makes me laugh when I think back about several seasons in succession when people on here wanted us to spend way over the odds for Jordan Rhodes, for example. Almost as stupid as bringing in the likes of Hughes and Redknapp and allowing them to cause the amount of damage they did. Damage we are still recovering from. Damage which others will be suffering in the next couple of years whilst watching us make sready progress and wishing they had done the same. Leeds, Wolves, Hull, Reading, Derby, Fulham, Villa etc. may well be splashing the cash, but the majority of them won't be in the PL despite doing so.

The really irritating thing for me is that rather than be upfront about it all to begin with, the club still allowed the fans to be misled by claims of getting business done early and imminent signings.
                      good post. agree with every word.

i hope foolhams chickens come home to roost.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Probably because they have already sold 3 players for a combined £13m this season?
                        Even so it's very unlike Fulham to reinvest so heavily from selling players. I work with a Fulham fan and his words were, 'I dunno where the money is coming from'.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          Even so it's very unlike Fulham to reinvest so heavily from selling players. I work with a Fulham fan and his words were, 'I dunno where the money is coming from'.
                          Loan sharks

Comment

Same place money would come from if we were spending loans from owners

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Loan sharks
                              I would love it if they were found out to be dodgy. Love it.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                good post. agree with every word.

i hope foolhams chickens come home to roost.
                                Not digging you out hits, but genuine question how can you agree with Brighton's post when you seemingly go out of your way to knock all of our 'frugal' transfer dealings saying we are scraping the barrel etc?
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X