Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulham splashing the cash?

15 mil bid for Dwight Gale!

If they get Gayle and Jota (supposedly signing from Brentford) I think they'll be right in the mix for the title tbh. Couple of great signings.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      15 mil bid for Dwight Gale!
      I hate those farking cants.

Why is it they can spend that kind of money.

They also spent 8Mil on another striker a couple of weeks ago.

Surely they have a similar revenue stream to us.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        I hate those farking cants.

Why is it they can spend that kind of money.

They also spent 8Mil on another striker a couple of weeks ago.

Surely they have a similar revenue stream to us.
        Yes, McCormack for £10m as well a few years back.
        These figures are crazy though. Everyone is gambling on going up yet we seem to have the FFP Anchor weighing us down.
        Part of me is glad we are not paying these sums though if I am honest.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Yes, McCormack for £10m as well a few years back.
          These figures are crazy though. Everyone is gambling on going up yet we seem to have the FFP Anchor weighing us down.
          Part of me is glad we are not paying these sums though if I am honest.
          yeah it'll pay off in the long term eventually. theres way too many teams splashing the cash now with about 8 teams who could easily get promoted. the ones who dont though will be really up #### creek in a few seasons

Comment

Without getting into the FFP muddle again too much - I genuinely don't understand... Fulham can get away with £15m & £10m signings in the Championship yet we couldn't even get away with a £12 one in the Prem? Fulham don't generate much more revenue than ourselves so how is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Without getting into the FFP muddle again too much - I genuinely don't understand... Fulham can get away with £15m & £10m signings in the Championship yet we couldn't even get away with a £12 one in the Prem? Fulham don't generate much more revenue than ourselves so how is this possible?
              We are in the middle of a long protracted legal battle on the issue.
              Most other clubs think it will go away so seem to be just ignoring it.
              I feel (my view only so not gospel) that we are trying to live within our means (and be seen to be doing so) whilst the case rumbles on until a decision is made.

Comment

Because we already gambled guys when others never and failed. We got nothing left to gamble with hence current position. Only three teams can go up so expect few sides that have gambled to come unstuck like Villa

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  We are in the middle of a long protracted legal battle on the issue.
                  Most other clubs think it will go away so seem to be just ignoring it.
                  I feel (my view only so not gospel) that we are trying to live within our means (and be seen to be doing so) whilst the case rumbles on until a decision is made.
                  I know the situations surrounding us. As I say, what I can't understand is a club like Fulham all of a sudden able to do it and spend more in the Championship then we did in the Prem, on players?

I'm thinking perhaps clubs like Fulham have come out the other side now i.e. haven't spent for years, revenue has been growing because of this and are now in the financial position/think it's worth it with their squad to be able to make a push for the top again.

Comment

They do get bigger gates then us so that will add few more pounds. Plus when they have sold players they have done so for decent wedge so it all adds up. As WLR says perhaps have reserve there now dipping into

Comment

The rules were changed. We are suffering because of the old outdated rules being applied.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        I know the situations surrounding us. As I say, what I can't understand is a club like Fulham all of a sudden able to do it and spend more in the Championship then we did in the Prem, on players?

I'm thinking perhaps clubs like Fulham have come out the other side now i.e. haven't spent for years, revenue has been growing because of this and are now in the financial position/think it's worth it with their squad to be able to make a push for the top again.
                        I know Fulham were under some kind of restriction a few years back but I am not sure of the specifics.

Comment

Think Fulham are banking on going up this year cos if they don't they'll lose Cairney and Sessengnon
                          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Fulham were an established Prem club for years, impossible to compare financial situations. They probably havent really breached FFP yet (and no one balances their accounts in August), whereas we went through the FFP wall headfirst and kept Usain Bolting it for another couple of seasons

Comment

To be fair to them now is the best chance to push with those players, as you say. If they don't make it though, I'd be interested to see if there is any punishment in their spending - same applies to Wolves. FFP is a bollarks rule that only favours the big boys - it stops smaller clubs ever being able to break into the elite of English football.

Comment

Working...
                              X