Why did we rest players against Brentford when there is International break now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Because Ollie was taking the p iss out of the 9K whack jobs like me who turfed up.
    Yes.

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    He didn't rest players,he just used fringe players to see how good they were (crap as it turned out),as most teams do in the league cup.
    They are not all crap, but in truth the defence was too weak and the midfield trio not quite up to it.

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Didn't Brentford rest players?
    only 5 changes made.

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Think he wanted out of that cup
    yes, to concentrate on the League and a fat lot of good it did against Cardiff.

He actually thinks QPR played quite well in that and almost matched Cardiff, yet the stats would disagree.

Shots 17-8
    Shots on Target 8-1
    Corners 8-2

only close stat was possession 51-49, but as we all know that stat means sweet fa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40983500

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Just checked fixtures to see who we had this weekend and realised there is a break. With a break now and majority of players not on international duty we should have played strong side as they can have a break this week

Only players rested should have been those going away which is like three or maybe four
      Yep...

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        Yes.

They are not all crap, but in truth the defence was too weak and the midfield trio not quite up to it.

only 5 changes made.

He actually thinks QPR played quite well in that and almost matched Cardiff, yet the stats would disagree.

Shots 17-8
        Shots on Target 8-1
        Corners 8-2

only close stat was possession 51-49, but as we all know that stat means sweet fa.

I thought stats were rubbish.....

As for the OP who cares? So we went out at pretty much the same stage we go out every season. Big deal. It's done now, might as well move on.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          Yes.

only 5 changes made.

Shots 17-8
          Shots on Target 8-1
          Corners 8-2

credit where credit due - we were better than them at fouling, 16 to their 12

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
            clint looking for something near liverpool... he's not going to be coming back (sorry)
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Why did we rest players against Brentford when there is International break now?

Because IH wants to keep his job which means protecting first team players and securing 19th place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I thought stats were rubbish.....

As for the OP who cares? So we went out at pretty much the same stage we go out every season. Big deal. It's done now, might as well move on.
                c9000 care. Would have been nice to beat local rivals and get a decent draw next round. How about you suggest to the club they play next year's 'League Cup' games behind closed doors if they don't want to be in the competition?

Comment

He done it because he is a total fruit and nutcase players will be tired poor things, what if they had to do a proper job shift work and work weekends.

Comment

Holloway rested key players because if (more like when) he lost with his best team it would have shown him to be the krap manager he is, especially in cup competitions.
                    Whereas by losing with a weakened team he can deflect the criticism towards the players who stood in despite the fact he picked them.

He probably has the worst cup competition record of all managers. Got to be at least a 90% loss rate. Even Jimmy got us into the 3rd round last year.

Comment

Only Holloway and his goon Bircham can answer the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        c9000 care. Would have been nice to beat local rivals and get a decent draw next round. How about you suggest to the club they play next year's 'League Cup' games behind closed doors if they don't want to be in the competition?
                        Took words out my mouth.

The who cares attitude, as you promote ginge, smacks of arrogance which I am afraid this club is not in a position to afford. Plenty saying last season who cares when we were losing in league only to get drawn into a relegation battle

If it's a competitive game it matters

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          Or don't charge and stop taking money under false pretences, I know this has gone on a few years now that we put out a weak team, but be honest say there will many changes, and will be a weakened team, instead of leading everyone on thinking oh it looks like we might be having a go this year, realistically this is probably the only chance of us winning a trophy, cant see why the lower teams don't give it go?
                          but I've got wise to it now, and know what's coming and don't attend League cup games anymore unless, its an away ground I've never been to or the 4th round

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            Or don't charge and stop taking money under false pretences, I know this has gone on a few years now that we put out a weak team, but be honest say there will many changes, and will be a weakened team, instead of leading everyone on thinking oh it looks like we might be having a go this year, realistically this is probably the only chance of us winning a trophy, cant see why the lower teams don't give it go?
                            but I've got wise to it now, and know what's coming and don't attend League cup games anymore unless, its an away ground I've never been to or the 4th round
                            Ollie made it loud and clear he was Playing the under 23s to be fair to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Ollie made it loud and clear he was Playing the under 23s to be fair to him.
                              I thought he just said there would be "changes" ?

Comment

Yeah a lot of changes.
                                I thought it was just one of his jokes and i was fumimg when i got there and it wasnt the exactly the same side from the league game against hull on the saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X