No announcement yet.

Why did we rest players against Brentford when there is International break now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did we rest players against Brentford when there is International break now

Just checked fixtures to see who we had this weekend and realised there is a break. With a break now and majority of players not on international duty we should have played strong side as they can have a break this week

Only players rested should have been those going away which is like three or maybe four

Who out of our players is in their national squad? Can only think of pawel, luongo, yeni, wash, is that it?

Comment

Because Ollie was taking the p iss out of the 9K whack jobs like me who turfed up.

Comment

He didn't rest players,he just used fringe players to see how good they were (crap as it turned out),as most teams do in the league cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Because Ollie was taking the p iss out of the 9K whack jobs like me who turfed up.
          Would you forgive him if he brings back Clint? I'd be over the moon.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            So much so that I will refund your layout for the cup game. Booking fee and a pint included. That's a promise 77.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

So much so that I will refund your layout for the cup game. Booking fee and a pint included. That's a promise 77.
              LOL. You bet, I would. Love to see that. I'm p issed off with Ol. I'm not planning to get rid of him, mind......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                I think he did it to keep the squad sweet mate so they get their appearance money , mind you I think he could've did it better by starting his first choice and throwing all his subs on late in the game , just my theory

Comment

if Holloway was in Charge at Bristol Rovers and they were playing Bristol City in the cup, their local and biggest rivals do you think he would have played a weakened team? not on your nelly they'd have strung him up. so why not play a strong team against one of our biggest and nearest rivals bragging rights become quite important sometimes also we weren't beaten by Brentford in 50 years it now seems a regular occurrence, should've gone for it

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    if Holloway was in Charge at Bristol Rovers and they were playing Bristol City in the cup, their local and biggest rivals do you think he would have played a weakened team? not on your nelly they'd have strung him up. so why not play a strong team against one of our biggest and nearest rivals bragging rights become quite important sometimes also we weren't beaten by Brentford in 50 years it now seems a regular occurrence, should've gone for it
                    This with bells on. Was a complete riss take and made no sense at all. Brentford rested some players but played their core team. We sent out a team to be spanked and with no intention of getting a result. That is unacceptable. You send out a team you send them out to get a result, end of, no excuses.

After the debacle of last season, where he would not have kept his job anywhere else, to play that weakened team was beyond stupid for Ollie especially after a reasonable start to the league campaign where he had started to get fans a bit back onside. That kind of poor judgement worries me in addition to everything else.

Comment

And another thing! I doubt Bristol Rovers would have Ollie as manager. He would struggle to get another job in the English league. Barmy appointment.

Comment

Didn't Brentford rest players?

Comment

clint looking for something near liverpool... he's not going to be coming back (sorry)

Comment

Think he wanted out of that cup

Comment

i don't get all this players can't play 2 games a week nonsence , my brother played 3 games a week for years at a semi pro standard

Comment

Working...
                              X