No announcement yet.

Neil Warnock gives Smithies 10 out of 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our best player by a long long way and deserves better than to have to play behind our defence week after week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Ol Neil's a shrewd one. Big, big, big, big mistake passing on him in favour of that total f acking #####, Jimmy.
      I'm sure we didn't go with Warnock due to our DOF. People keep telling me what a great job he's doing - I think he's a complete liability. Team looks toothless up front with a leaky defence - AGAIN FFS!!! Midfield looks sorted though - so 1 out of 3 fixed in how many seasons? 14k for our opening game and then 12k for the Hull game (then 7k for a cup game against local rivals)....the fans are voting with their feet. Empty seats all around the ground plus the atmosphere (last few minutes v Hull apart) is like a morgue. I guarantee he'll never be DOF for another PL or Championship club ever. Just us. That's how good he is in the role.

Comment

Northolt. Who gave him the job? The same chairman who apparently has had his strides taken down by everyone since he took over. He CHOSE Ferdinand so the buck stops at his door completely! 10 years ago this summer since the takeover and we are heading back to where we were before it happened.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if our board asked warnock to put smithies in the shop window

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me if our board asked warnock to put smithies in the shop window
            Yeah i bet it wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Northolt. Who gave him the job? The same chairman who apparently has had his strides taken down by everyone since he took over. He CHOSE Ferdinand so the buck stops at his door completely! 10 years ago this summer since the takeover and we are heading back to where we were before it happened.
              With the same manager!

Comment

Indeed Northolt. To be fair while no fan of Holloway and even less of his assistant I actually think he is doing ok with what he has at his disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  That's not totally out of the question to be fair.

Comment

Hope he does as we may get what he is worth.

Comment

Hope he goes. Makes us look like capable of surviving.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Ol Neil's a shrewd one. Big, big, big, big mistake passing on him in favour of that total f acking #####, Jimmy.
                        Yep

What on earth were the club thinking? Seriously??

I'm not saying he's Sir Alex Ferguson, but any person with a brain knows he's a safe bet in this division to fire up a team and get them competing.

Going with JFH has to be LF's single biggest mistake, bigger than the P.E. teacher as that was more Uncle Bungle IMO.

We reap what we sow!

Comment

Our best player by a mile surprised no one's made an offer yet? but there's still 3 days to go !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Yep

What on earth were the club thinking? Seriously??

I'm not saying he's Sir Alex Ferguson, but any person with a brain knows he's a safe bet in this division to fire up a team and get them competing.

Going with JFH has to be LF's single biggest mistake, bigger than the P.E. teacher as that was more Uncle Bungle IMO.

We reap what we sow!
                            To be fair we don't know Neil was available then as didn't he have issues with his wives health?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              To be fair we don't know Neil was available then as didn't he have issues with his wives health?
                              Warnock was available to do it full time when Ramsey was sacked and wanted the job, but was is common knowledge is that he wasn't prepared to have the DOF lording over him, and told him so in the dressing room at a game when the DOF went in and was asked by N.W what he was doing in there as he (N.W) picked the team and the DOF was asked to leave , and so the DOF influenced T.F. to look elsewhere rather than have Neil Back, because the DOF's position would've been weakened, self preservation by the DOF, rather than the best candidate,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                                Warnock was available to do it full time when Ramsey was sacked and wanted the job, but was is common knowledge is that he wasn't prepared to have the DOF lording over him, and told him so in the dressing room at a game when the DOF went in and was asked by N.W what he was doing in there as he (N.W) picked the team and the DOF was asked to leave , and so the DOF influenced T.F. to look elsewhere rather than have Neil Back, because the DOF's position would've been weakened, self preservation by the DOF, rather than the best candidate,
                                ok, that's interesting.
                                Given that, it is not surprising how it panned out. Probably 99% of us in the DOF's position would have done the same then.
                                I am not saying I wouldn't have liked to see NW back by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X