Uncle tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    ginge, after scowen was signed, the majority on here agreed we needed a rightwingback or whatever you want to call it now, and a striker.

we were told be ceo lee hoo's and the dof les that some money was available to strengthen the first team squad, but holloway must sell to generate more money.

we have sold bowler for 1.5 mil, we must have got half a mil each for gladwin and doherty.

so we sign baptiste on a free, and are about to sign so bloke from the northern irish league for 100k.

where is this transfer kitty that lee hoos and dof les were spouting about in june?
    uncles tweet was a response to someone asking him to buy a defender because we could not rely on caulker.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      to be frankly, this sounds like a very sensible plan to me. We will build a team like Burnley and Leicester did ; brick by brick.
      For every Leicester and Burnley there are 10-12 other teams which are building brick by brick and fail to get promoted.

Comment

ginge, after scowen was signed, the majority on here agreed we needed a rightwingback or whatever you want to call it now, and a striker.

we were told be ceo lee hoo's and the dof les that some money was available to strengthen the first team squad, but holloway must sell to generate more money.

we have sold bowler for 1.5 mil, we must have got half a mil each for gladwin and doherty.

so we sign baptiste on a free, and are about to sign so bloke from the northern irish league for 100k.

where is this transfer kitty that lee hoos and dof les were spouting about in june?
        What's any of that got to do with that tweet?
        For the record, I've no idea what they've done with that money. I'm not a business man and won't pretend I know anything about it. But I do believe that Hoos has reigned in the spending a) because of FFP, and b) because he believes it could be put to better use for the club as a whole elsewhere.
        I'll concede that they probably shouldn't have come out and said anything about a transfer kitty if there wasn't one though.
        Hits mate, it's gonna take a hell of a lot of rebuilding to get the club to a point where it's a sustainable business and the debt is reduced. Going up and coming straight back down won't do us any favours at all.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Frankly, this sounds like a very sensible plan to me. We will build a team like Burnley and Leicester did ; brick by brick.
          we wont be building anything. if or when offers come in for the likes of smithes, freeman, woslek, luongo, the club will be powerless to keep hold of them.

they will go off and either join teams higher up the league or into the prem league. then we will start all over again.

what player, worth their salt would want to stay at a club where the owner spouts comments like not wanting to go up in case we may come back down 4 games into a season

we are a club going nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Ok, so what's the problem? Would you rather go up and come straight back down, or spend a few years building, go up, and stay up?
            We are a small club and if we ever manage to go up, no matter how long we have been ''building'', we never can guarantee we will stay up. It's all about taking our chances when we do. Do you think Bournemouth or Huddersfield had long term plans and only wanted to promote when they were ready to stay up? Don't be too theoretic.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              For every Leicester and Burnley there are 10-12 other teams which are building brick by brick and fail to get promoted.
              Thats true, but we already have a core, we have the location, but atm not the money...Besides, QPR and spending doesn`t work that well together, does it really??
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Going up and coming straight back down won't do us any favours at all.
                Of course it would if we wouldn't spend stupidly.

Comment

What's any of that got to do with that tweet?
                  For the record, I've no idea what they've done with that money. I'm not a business man and won't pretend I know anything about it. But I do believe that Hoos has reigned in the spending a) because of FFP, and b) because he believes it could be put to better use for the club as a whole elsewhere.
                  I'll concede that they probably shouldn't have come out and said anything about a transfer kitty if there wasn't one though.
                  Hits mate, it's gonna take a hell of a lot of rebuilding to get the club to a point where it's a sustainable business and the debt is reduced. Going up and coming straight back down won't do us any favours at all.

i beg to differ ginge. going up would give us 200mil straight off the bat. then you can factor into 1 seasons ticket price increases plus various sponserships plus the value of your players have shot up.

going up and not spending stupid money then coming back down with parchute payments would make our club very healthy indeed.

but uncle does not want to invest a couple of mil and oa defender and a striker.

Comment

I really fail to see the arguement of what's the point of going up and coming back down , how on earth can anybody argue against a pay packet of over a 100m , I would be ecstatic to yoyo for the next 5 years or so and earn prem payments parachutes but obviously some can't or won't see that as better staying in the championship and building for the future without any gaurenee that it will ever happen

Fark you Hitsy I needn't have bothered writing this
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-08-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

we wont be building anything. if or when offers come in for the likes of smithes, freeman, woslek, luongo, the club will be powerless to keep hold of them.

they will go off and either join teams higher up the league or into the prem league. then we will start all over again.

what player, worth their salt would want to stay at a club where the owner spouts comments like not wanting to go up in case we may come back down 4 games into a season

we are a club going nowhere
                      But we will reinvest if we sell.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        I really fail to see the arguement of what's the point of going up and coming back down , how on earth can anybody argue against a pay packet of over a 100m , I would be ecstatic to yoyo for the next 5 years or so and earn prem payments parachutes but obviously some can't or won't see that as better staying in the championship and building for the future without any gaurenee that it will ever happen
                        someone that doesnt want to spend a couple of mil on a defender and a striker. his fingers have been burnt, the ambition has been sucked out of him. he intends to claw back bmoney he can now by buying cheap and selling for profit, whilst hiding behind his latest catchphrase, building for the future and a sustained stay in the prem.

Comment

But we will reinvest if we sell.
                          just like we reivested the josh bowler, gladwin and doherty money (2.5mil)

Comment

[/SIZE]

i beg to differ ginge. going up would give us 200mil straight off the bat. then you can factor into 1 seasons ticket price increases plus various sponserships plus the value of your players have shot up.

going up and not spending stupid money then coming back down with parchute payments would make our club very healthy indeed.

but uncle does not want to invest a couple of mil and oa defender and a striker.

Comment

Burnley took the money when they were promoted in 2014 and spent well which enabled them to keep the team Ings aside together to then have a shot at promotion and are a much healthier club for that yo yo 2 years. West Brom did the same a few years back so the thought of going up and not wanting to come down is utter nonsense from the chancer that is Teflon Tone.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Fark you Hitsy I needn't have bothered writing this
                                Exactly this!

Comment

Working...
                                X