What is the club's target?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the club's target?

So a new season has just started. We've punched above everyone's expectations and have 7 points out of 12.

What is the board/club/manager's target for the season?

We have our self indulgent, smug, hysterical, ravings. Do we really know what track we're on? We are all guessing FFP which I think is a load of b0ll0x. The club, surely, would have made a statement about our situation even if it was "We can't say anything".

The club is stagnant and the owners are saying nothing and Olly is spouting platitudes. We live in hope as fans.

It would be nice to live in expectation.

It would be nice to live in expectation.
    I think that's half the problem with some of our fans. They live in expectation - often unrealistic expectation - and then react like tw@ts when they aren't realised. Better to live in hope IMO.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Whilst yes some fans have been reacting OTT for sometime now and their expectations are unrealistic, I believe we will finish mid table by the way, Olly has not helped matters with his comments, not backing up what he says. If FFP is ###### then don't throw in comments like the bombs gone off which just feeds the speculation. We have had a great start to the season barring Tuesday night result and performance, but I will still be happy with 10-15th place this season, really don't want a relegation battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Whilst yes some fans have been reacting OTT for sometime now and their expectations are unrealistic, I believe we will finish mid table by the way, Olly has not helped matters with his comments, not backing up what he says. If FFP is ###### then don't throw in comments like the bombs gone off which just feeds the speculation. We have had a great start to the season barring Tuesday night result and performance, but I will still be happy with 10-15th place this season, really don't want a relegation battle.
        throw in some good football, keep the squad together and build for next season and i'll be happy.
        ollies gotta up his game with funnier interviews though, i think above all else thats the most important thing

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          throw in some good football, keep the squad together and build for next season and i'll be happy.
          ollies gotta up his game with funnier interviews though, i think above all else thats the most important thing
          Me personally i dont give a cahoots what he says in interviews, its about what goes on on the pitch & the togetherness, not a little comment hes come out with tongue in cheek tbh
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Staying up is the target with this squad and Ollie in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Staying up is the target with this squad and Ollie in charge.
              That's it ,that's our target this season,anything better than that,say a midtable finish would be regarded as being a brilliant season .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                That's it ,that's our target this season,anything better than that,say a midtable finish would be regarded as being a brilliant season .
                If we're around mid-table by February; no doubt expectation levels will get out of hand with a select few people crying and expecting to reach the play-offs. Pointing to the fact we're 12 in the table and only 10 points off them or something...

Comment

If we're around mid-table by February; no doubt expectation levels will get out of hand with a select few people crying and expecting to reach the play-offs. Pointing to the fact we're 12 in the table and only 10 points off them or something...
                  How dare anyone do that.
                  I'd ban them if I had my way.

Comment

And no doubt we'd get the some saying we are 10 points off relegation...

EDIT - the players want to aim for promotion, they've said so interviews. nothing wrong with that
                    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Be a pretty tight league if we were mid-table 10 points off the play-offs yet 10 points off relegation, wouldn't it...?

Haha promotion... I don't doubt their will, heart and the fact they want to dream big but promotion? Let's get real here. This squad is average, aiming for mid-table is fine with me.

Comment

The absolute barstewards!
                        16th or above will do me.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          I think that's half the problem with some of our fans. They live in expectation - often unrealistic expectation - and then react like tw@ts when they aren't realised. Better to live in hope IMO.
                          Pretty harsh. When we appointed Holloway Les said playoffs are our goal. Can't blame fans for their expectations.

Comment

it happened last season when we went on that good run under ollie, i think we were 12 points off the playoffs and people started talking about the playoffs.

i dont expect us to be in serious playoff contention this year but if we keep up our style of play and keep working hard as we have in our first 4 games theres no reason why we couldnt finish in the top half of the table. cant see it happening though as its easy to start a marathon with a sprint but become tired the longer it goes on and we are playing some pretty high intensity stuff which could drain our players later in the season, especially if any of our 3 key players get injured (scowen, freeman and pavel)

Comment

Be a pretty tight league if we were mid-table 10 points off the play-offs yet 10 points off relegation, wouldn't it...?

Haha promotion... I don't doubt their will, heart and the fact they want to dream big but promotion? Let's get real here. This squad is average, aiming for mid-table is fine with me.
                              Well we are both assuming things here...

Yeah I'm under no illusions with the squad we have. Genuinely believe (more fool me) that with Ollie's motivation and a bit of luck that we could finish top half of table with current squad and I'd be fairly happy with that.

If we were able to recruit a proper finisher, another first team quality CB and RWB cover for Pav then we'd be capable of a bit more.
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X