Ollie. Lots of positives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    The Lots of positives has been edited out.
    Not by me. By our award winning, all singing, dancing comms team. If we'd were a tenth as good on the pitch as them we'd be winning games out of sight.

Comment

Surely he didnt say that? Give me f~@*ing strength! Who does he think he's kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
        Surely he didnt say that? Give me f~@*ing strength! Who does he think he's kidding?
        I said it earlier, he is Comical Ollie.

Caulker playing more minutes was a positive? According to some on here he was shockingly awful.
        10 frigging changes because the League is the focus. Brentford are bottom yet only made 5 changes.

How about playing a near full strength side and keep the winning mentality going?

Comment

I'm gonna go against the grain on this thread and agree there was positives.

Result was atrocious and our first half hours display was woeful & can't be defended BUT I will say I did funnily enough see quite a few positives during this match. I'll try and list my observations.

I felt once we scored in the first half we really pushed on and took the game to them (we had to I get that, but we didn't fold completely)

We missed 3 what I'd call absolute sitters, 2 completely free headers in the 6 yard box and Yeni with a great break to then bottle it when 2 on 1 and make a stupid pass across the box where we lost posession. He had a minimum of 10-12 yards he could of ran into and got the keeper to commit but lack of confidence saw him release the ball.

We started the second half brilliantly and the fans really got behind the team. I sensed another goal would really turn the tie.

I thought the subs were good. He sacrificed defenders for attackers to give us that chance of the second goal we needed.

We had plenty of possession and Freeman was streets ahead of everyone in a hooped shirt.

We kept trying to create and kept at it.

All round a terrible result but strangely I did see positives.

I would of liked to start with our strongest XI as I feel we're owed a cup run. The massive changes caused this result imo.

Comment

So the one thing that was not a positive was the manager picking a woeful side!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              So the one thing that was not a positive was the manager picking a woeful side!
              Sorry was this aimed at me?

If so I said I spotted positives in the performance. A bad result doesn't mean we didn't do a thing right.

We created and had chances, very good chances to score. That's a positive whichever way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                I'm gonna go against the grain on this thread and agree there was positives.

Result was atrocious and our first half hours display was woeful & can't be defended BUT I will say I did funnily enough see quite a few positives during this match. I'll try and list my observations.

I felt once we scored in the first half we really pushed on and took the game to them (we had to I get that, but we didn't fold completely)

We missed 3 what I'd call absolute sitters, 2 completely free headers in the 6 yard box and Yeni with a great break to then bottle it when 2 on 1 and make a stupid pass across the box where we lost posession. He had a minimum of 10-12 yards he could of ran into and got the keeper to commit but lack of confidence saw him release the ball.

We started the second half brilliantly and the fans really got behind the team. I sensed another goal would really turn the tie.

I thought the subs were good. He sacrificed defenders for attackers to give us that chance of the second goal we needed.

We had plenty of possession and Freeman was streets ahead of everyone in a hooped shirt.

We kept trying to create and kept at it.

All round a terrible result but strangely I did see positives.

I would of liked to start with our strongest XI as I feel we're owed a cup run. The massive changes caused this result imo.
                Taking Pawel off was nuts, Jimmy. We offered nothing after that.

Comment

Not really Jimmy just a comment as the team was woefully weak on paper and on minutes on the field thus far. I think the tonking is hard to take due to who it was and a missed opportunity has been chucked away again by the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Taking Pawel off was nuts, Jimmy. We offered nothing after that.
                    Agree but I was pointing out the positives not the negatives or I'd still be writing tomorrow

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Not really Jimmy just a comment as the team was woefully weak on paper and on minutes on the field thus far. I think the tonking is hard to take due to who it was and a missed opportunity has been chucked away again by the club.
                    Agree mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Agree but I was pointing out the positives not the negatives or I'd still be writing tomorrow

Agree mate.
                      LOL

Comment

I don't think the team looked that weak on paper. It should have competed better than that. A second goal early in the second half would have made it fascinating. We were much better with Freeman on but I do agree with 77 that taking Pav off was baffling. He was causing problems and we lost momentum then.

Comment

Considering Holloway going on about the pride in the shirt cobblers do you think he thought about any of that when deciding on that line up tonight?? I was encouraged by our start and him being half sensible and hope tonight does not derail him or us.

Comment

10 changes to a pretty much in form league team was daft along with giving people debuts and a new signing being captain.

It was like he was experimenting. Doing that in a local derby was beyond dumb.

Comment

Jimmy, you are right about creating the chances being a positive, but to be fair, that and bringing on Freeman and Smith were about the only ones.

Comical Ollie should really just not come out with these kind of comments after making 10 changes to face the local rivals.

About the best positive for me was that Brentford did not score 6 or 7. And of course, that I didn't go and watch the game afterall.

Comment

For crying out load,it's like a class room of kids changing their minds every minute,this board, so suddenly, shock horrror holloway isn't as brilliant as you imagined him to be last sat and after 1st game,thinking hats back on but they will be off again for next game.....I personally could care less about tonight, our "play off" battle is way more important

Comment

Working...
                                X