No announcement yet.

Ollie. Lots of positives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say four of our first team weren't in the matchday squad... Pretty close to having most of our starting 11 on the pitch at some stage...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Caulker playing like a t osser really isn't any form of plus, mate.
      No going by what was said , but if it gets him closer to match fitness it is , whether it's getting him fit for a move or fit for match play , none of the clubs bother with cup games untill they think fark me we,re in the quarter finals there could be a Wembley pay day here if we put the big boys out , so maybe it's up to the punters to start thinking the same
      ( I'm farked it going to go untill we might be in the quarters )

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Pretty close to having most of our starting 11 on the pitch at some stage...
        Freeman, Wszolek, Baptiste and Mackie ?

Only ones who have started this season.

Comment

Starting 11 yes, sorry. However Sylla, Ngbakoto, Robinson, Smith, Manning, Borysiuk, Furlong, Baptiste - all players that have either been involved in league matchday squads or come on, so far season.

Freeman, Mackie and Smith all came on in the second half. A lot of these players started for us in numerous games also, last season. So let's not make out that there is all of a sudden some huge chasm between these players from last night and the line-up we have been using so far this season.

Comment

Why look for the excuses last night? I don't understand.

Comment

Starting 11 yes, sorry. However Sylla, Ngbakoto, Robinson, Smith, Manning, Borysiuk, Furlong, Baptiste - all players that have either been involved in league matchday squads or come on, so far season.

Freeman, Mackie and Smith all came on in the second half. A lot of these players started for us in numerous games also, last season. So let's not make out that there is all of a sudden some huge chasm between these players from last night and the line-up we have been using so far this season.
              Nope, I agree we had a lot of players out there last night that have been involved in the first team this season and certainly a lot more last season. Only factor I would say is the number of minutes they've had competitively this season and, more importantly, how often they've played together.

It's an appaling result but we all know that most of these players will slot in fine to the core first XI when required.....just not all at once !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Nope, I agree we had a lot of players out there last night that have been involved in the first team this season and certainly a lot more last season. Only factor I would say is the number of minutes they've had competitively this season and, more importantly, how often they've played together.

It's an appaling result but we all know that most of these players will slot in fine to the core first XI when required.....just not all at once !!!
                Fair enough, remember you could always say the same for Brentford though. If we won last night I'm not sure your points there would even be taken into consideration about match minutes and how often they've played with eachother. I wonder if Brentford fans are saying the same even though they won? IMO there's never an excuse for a result like last night mate with fringe first team players, and good teams don't lose like that at home in such a big margin.

We'll see how they react on Saturday.

Comment

Fair enough, remember you could always say the same for Brentford though. If we won last night I'm not sure your points there would even be taken into consideration about match minutes and how often they've played with eachother. I wonder if Brentford fans are saying the same even though they won? IMO there's never an excuse for a result like last night mate with fringe first team players, and good teams don't lose like that at home in such a big margin.

Its a good job those in charge arent having a meltdown like on here else we would be doomed
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Holloway let us all down last night with his team selection. Forget squad rotation - it's only August FFS, and we're not Man Utd - this was a winnable match against local rivals with fans' pride and a decent draw next time at stake. All of football knows that 'winning is a habit' and we had the chance to get two on the bounce and go to Cardiff with some confidence building. Instead, we will probably be looking at two defeats in a row and the momentum of a surprisingly half-decent start to the season will start to slide. Yet another example of how he just doesn't get it.

Comment

Brentford had a lot more players that have been involved this season than we did but there is no real excuse for losing 4-1 at home regardless of what team you put out.

Hopefully it will simply further highlight the weak areas of the squad and we'll address that with some loans.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        Holloway let us all down last night with his team selection. Forget squad rotation - it's only August FFS, and we're not Man Utd - this was a winnable match against local rivals with fans' pride and a decent draw next time at stake. All of football knows that 'winning is a habit' and we had the chance to get two on the bounce and go to Cardiff with some confidence building. Instead, we will probably be looking at two defeats in a row and the momentum of a surprisingly half-decent start to the season will start to slide. Yet another example of how he just doesn't get it.
                        The fact that he doesn't get this is truly scary. He's either useless or stupid or both.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          The fact that he doesn't get this is truly scary. He's either useless or stupid or both.
                          So what do you reckon if he had put his best team out & a few got injured like say pav, what then when we go and get battered at say cardiff?! can just see it now how stupid he was to put his full team out, we`ve had a good start to the season and he needs his full 11, even though we`ve got injuries now! why is he stupid for that! i think he perfectly gets what hes done even though he`d of hoped for more from these fringe players.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            So what do you reckon if he had put his best team out & a few got injured like say pav, what then when we go and get battered at say cardiff?! can just see it now how stupid he was to put his full team out, we`ve had a good start to the season and he needs his full 11, even though we`ve got injuries now! why is he stupid for that! i think he perfectly gets what hes done even though he`d of hoped for more from these fringe players.
                            So let's all stay in bed every morning in case we fall down the stairs or get run over by a bus......? Play your best team to win a match and deal with the consequences if there are any.

Comment

What i dont understand is the 'majority' of this forum voted that we will be relegated this season.
                              Surely after our miracle/freak start this is a minute chance we might be able to stay up by the skin of our teeth again.
                              A carabou cup run and risking injuring players will in no way help our prayers of staying up.

Comment

I love Ollie, but he doesn't half talk a load of (admittedly positive) ########. His enthusiasm is infectious , his coaching ability is much less noticeable sadly. Very average coach overall. Bircham below average. But if there is a more positive , enthusiastic, committed coach than Ollie, I've yet to see him.

Comment

Working...
                                X