january transfer window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• january transfer window?

If come late december, we find ourselves in or around the playoff places, does anyone think the board will go for it and release more funds to target promotion?

if they do, and we fail, we will likely be penalised by ffp. is it a gamble worth taking?

if we somehow go up, any revenue woould dwarf any fine imposed by ffp.

what do you think the board would do?

what would you do?
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I think the board will do nothing and spend nothing no matter what position we find ourselves in

Comment

Difficult to answer without knowing the content of the discussions already taken place around FFP. It could be a £60m gamble and that's not worth taking IMO.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        I think the board will do nothing and spend nothing no matter what position we find ourselves in
        Please go and support another club.

Comment

I think if we,re in that position at that time we will probably be preparing for the sale of players that have got us there ie Freeman Luongo Scowens and maybe one or two more obviously not all of them , but that's what Les said was going to be the philosophy of the club to buy cheap and sell at a profit , now before a scream goes up its not what I want its what was said
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 22-08-2017, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            Please go and support another club.
            No, he's right. And you know I very rarely agree with Rebel lol. But he is right, we are back to spending little regardless what situation we are in, as long as we are affected by FFP rules. It's not at all that the board don't want to spend, it's that they simply can't. Until such time as our revenue increases and we are able to spend more.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              I think if we,re in that position at that time we will probably be preparing for the sale of players that have got us there ie Freeman Luongo Scowens and maybe one or two more obviously not all of them , but that's what ### said was going to be the philosophy of the club to buy cheap and sell at a profit , now before a scream goes up its not what I want its what was said
              We just bought Scowen so I can't imagine we are going to sell him in January.

Comment

I know for a fact that if we are in the PO positions at the end of December, I will poo my QPR pants

Comment

Forget gambling.

Keep the squad together that got us in that position and only strengthen where players are injured or lack of depth etc.

Scowen and Freeman were fantastic signings for next to nothing. We should continue looking for that type of player rather than splashing unnecessary cash.

Comment

We would get loans in...the best ones

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      We just bought Scowen so I can't imagine we are going to sell him in January.
                      If the philosophy is to make money on players then that's it J no matter when they came in

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        If the philosophy is to make money on players then that's it J no matter when they came in
                        I sort of get that but there is no way would we sell if we were in a position to challenge for promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          And that would actually be right thing to do. This is new approach we're taking and one I agree with

Comment

A couple of additions wouldn't go amiss but it's all about bringing the right players in and not spending silly money for the sake of it.

I do though think the board will give Holloway a few bob to spend, I'm not convinced they've decided to spend f all from now on

Comment

Working...
                            X