the sun today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the sun today

read the sun today , it gave player ratings , scowen 6 , lua lua 6 , freeman 5 . and man of the match sylla with 8 , he even got in the championship team of the week , very strange as he wasn't on the pitch very long

And mugs still buy the sun for the sport well that's what they say

Comment

it always gives us a tiny write up as well

Comment

I think it's based on statistics so as Sylla scored and hit the post that's why he would have got an 8. Reasons like this is why I think stats are important but don't tell the whole story and opinions shouldn't be based entirely on them.

Comment

You say that but smith got official mom for twitter vote for doing less then Sylla in honesty neither of them were MOM

Comment

Comment

i personally wouldn't buy it due to wapping and hillsboro, just read it round a mates house , just wanted to clear that up , back to football neither smith nor sylla were on long enough to warrant motm , and no way was lua lua better than freeman

Comment

Clearly a load of cobblers. Talking of strange stats...... what are those "Expected Goals" indices that have sprouted up on MOTD??? I don't understand them at all..... it said something like Huddersfield 0.38; Newcastle 1.28 last night. I'm baffled!

Comment

Full page article in there today praising our club to the hilt as well. #GameForGrenfell

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                    I think it's based on statistics so as Sylla scored and hit the post that's why he would have got an 8. Reasons like this is why I think stats are important but don't tell the whole story and opinions shouldn't be based entirely on them.
                    Please don't paint stats with the sun's brush. Those guys don't know what numbers are, they just think they're poorly written letters.

If you want stats, whoscored have - Matt Smith: 7.9; Freeman: 7.6; Luongo: 7.5; Sylla: 7.4; Perch: 7.0; Scowen: 6.9; Lua Lua 6.2.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Please don't paint stats with the sun's brush. Those guys don't know what numbers are, they just think they're poorly written letters.

If you want stats, whoscored have - Matt Smith: 7.9; Freeman: 7.6; Luongo: 7.5; Sylla: 7.4; Perch: 7.0; Scowen: 6.9; Lua Lua 6.2.
                      Not much better to be honest. I love Freeman but no way was he better than Perch on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        Just to reiterate , its a dirty newspaper with no morals ,with a diminishing readership ,because people are waking up to what a disgraceful rag it is
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          it always gives us a tiny write up as well
                          Not half as bad as the Evening Standard who seem to not know we exist.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

What rating did Pavel get? Was it more than LuaLua?

Comment

Watched the whole game back. Freeman had an off day overall, as did Lua Lua who was clearly affected by off-field matters and was inevitably subbed with his play deteriorating as the game worn on. From those who started, the stand out performers were Luongo, Scowen, Neds and Bidwell.

Comment

Working...
                              X