Luongo impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Well yeah, I watch a lot of Premiership football mate. I don't see Luongo walking into any side troubling the top half of the Prem.

Do you have particular players in mind that you feel he's better than in the top 10?
    West Brom and Bournemouth immediately pop into mind from last season's top ten as teams where he could just drop in and be an immediate first team player.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Luongo is looking more impressive the more he doesn't play!
      I mean, you only realise what you're missing when it's gone and yesterday missing Luongo and Onuoha showed us what we were missing.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        West Brom and Bournemouth immediately pop into mind from last season's top ten as teams where he could just drop in and be an immediate first team player.
        I suppose that's fair mate. For me, Luongo is at exactly the level he should be right now. I think he has potential to be a top flight player one day, but is still very much learning his trade!

Comment

I suppose that's fair mate. For me, Luongo is at exactly the level he should be right now. I think he has potential to be a top flight player one day, but is still very much learning his trade!
          That's fair too, I just see him being capable of getting into a midfield like West Brom who have Livermore and Sam Field as their duo or even Bournemouth who have Surman and Arter as their midfield duo. Neither of them are imo better than Luongo has been the last 2 and a half years. Go even lower and you'll have an easier job placing him somewhere like Palace, West Ham, Watford (Cleverley starting? really?), Burnley, Huddersfield (him and Mooy in the same team would be ridiculous), Brighton. He'd comfortably slot into enough teams in the top flight for me to feel that he's a top flight player who's been saddled with sh ite around him for 2 years and is now finally in a strong enough midfield to prove it.

Comment

That's fair too, I just see him being capable of getting into a midfield like West Brom who have Livermore and Sam Field as their duo.
            Is that the same duo that have contributed to 2 clean sheets and 2 wins in the PL ?

Comment

Just to point out people saying he's given more freedom because he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility, he's still made more tackles, more interceptions and more clearances than Scowen and Freeman, just that now he's added even more to it. The guy is pure gold and would fit into most prem teams outside the top 6 once he starts getting goals regularly.

REALLY haven't seen the last 2 games been away, now I know your Mass in disguise, looking for a better contract, as I said I'd like him to come good but has to do a lot more and be consistent?

Comment

Needs a bit more consistency before he is ready for the Prem. Often takes a while to get into a game and v Cardiff slowed the game down a lot.For this division a top player though. Just hope the international break doesn't muck him up.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  [/B]

REALLY haven't seen the last 2 games been away, now I know your Mass in disguise, looking for a better contract, as I said I'd like him to come good but has to do a lot more and be consistent?
                  Couldn't blame Mass for the last couple of games mate. Didn't feature against Brentford and gave a reasonable account of himself at the weekend. To be honest, if we had a couple of fit centre halves who knew how to defend consistently then we'd have taken at least a point at Cardiff!

Comment

Couldn't blame Mass for the last couple of games mate. Didn't feature against Brentford and gave a reasonable account of himself at the weekend. To be honest, if we had a couple of fit centre halves who knew how to defend consistently then we'd have taken at least a point at Cardiff!

Comment

yep seen the mistakes at Cardiff haven't got a clue what the chief an Caulker were doing and poor marking on the 2nd goal, chief starting to make too many vital mistakes, normally ok but Sheff Wed & Cardiff both big bloomers

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        yep seen the mistakes at Cardiff haven't got a clue what the chief an Caulker were doing and poor marking on the 2nd goal, chief starting to make too many vital mistakes, normally ok but Sheff Wed & Cardiff both big bloomers
                        Embarrassing to be honest mate. And to think these 2 guys came through the ranks at Spurs and Man City. You'd at least expect them to get the fundamentals of defending, like marking up at a corner correct. I've been an advocate of using Caulker whilst he's here, but based on Saturday, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team in his current mental state. As for Ned, these constant, basic errors are becoming very costly. We need to sort something out at the back, pronto.

Sorry state of affairs when James Perch at 32 years of age is your most reliable defender.........and he's out for a few months now too!

Comment

Working...
                        X