Luongo impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo impressive

I'm liking this "new guy" Luongo, he seems like a new player compared to last year.
    Stronger and more confident on the ball, some impressive moves where he glides through defenders like the ball is glued to his feet.
    I think he deserves to score a goal and if he does, I think that may well give him the confidence to score more. Imagine if he could develop the goals side of his game and chip in 10 goals per season. I think the boy has it in him,
    The arrival of Scowen has allowed Luongo to push forward more and it looks good for the team if we can keep the midfield playing the way it is - its not often we can say we boss the midfield, but it so important and a critical part of our success this season.

Completely agree. Looks great this season. Needs to add goals and then he will be class.

Comment

This is my kind of thread
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Looks a better player with a workhorse like Scowen in behind him doing the ugly stuff. Allows him a bit more freedom to play football.

Comment

Was bang average and, at times, poor, but now looks a good player these first couple of games. Goals will make him a better one.
          Last edited by Rangers77; 20-08-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Always thought he was better playing on the front foot just suprised it took 3 manager 2 seasons to see it.

Comment

Always liked him but he did tail off last season but he was superb Saturday was absolutely everywhere playing like that he's one of first names on tea sheet

Comment

hes playing more like old luongo in the role he played for swindon and australia, jfh was the idiot who tried changing peoples playstyles and whilst mass' stats looked impressive at a glance we all know how bad he could be at times. last season most of us including me wanted him dropped coz he wasnt what we needed. now hes playing the way he knows how to play and hopefully we'll reap the benefits, defo see him in the prem one day and hopefully its with us!!

in the same breath though, playing as a holding midfielder has helped him and us in the long term as hes like a mix of freeman and scowen now and can compliment both phases of play

Comment

Originally posted by Damboy View Post
                  The arrival of Scowen has allowed Luongo to push forward more.
                  Been banging on about this for a long time. Luongo was always going to be a good player when someone else had the defensive responsibility.

Comment

I didnt use to rate him tbh ,but i thought Saturday he was our man of the match , always looked good going forward and agree ,this is probably because he wasn`t having to do the donkey work.
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Seems to have developed fantastic body strength so difficult to get off the ball and has good acceleration. Developing into a top class player.

Comment

He's playing the way he does for Australia. Hopefully he can start finding the back of the net.

How awesome is it to actually have a decent midfield? Luongo, Scowen and Freeman are all really gelling together and to also have Manning and Borysiuk for depth is great.
                        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Always rated Mass, despite some lacklustre performances last season it was plain to see there was a decent footballer in there somewhere. Think we are seeing a Magic/Pogba situation where the arrival of Scowen is giving Mass that bit more freedom to express himself, leading to much improved performances. He's got excellent control and dribbling ability.

Comment

Luongo has just needed time as do all the kind of signings we are going to make nowadays. We have to have patience with them before coating them off.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Always thought he was better playing on the front foot just suprised it took 3 manager 2 seasons to see it.
                              Been saying the same since he got here mate. Although a lot on here disagreed with me!

Comment

Working...
                              X