Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
    Sorry you have completely lost me, not sure that post is any different from my one above and if calling you out is having a different opinion, well oh dear you really don't like people who don't see it your way.

As I have said many times we have an upper mid table squad even with our current strikers, the league isn't that strong, but in my opinion we have a manager who tactically is clueless. Thought the same through his entire tenure, both now and before. Remember a away game at Peterborough many years ago where they had a man sent off first half and Holloway simply had no idea how to adapt to take advantage, same story re his tactics and adaptability ever since.

Team spirit and ranting will only take you so far and when the tide turns you need someone who can adapt and in my opinion Holloway isn't that man.

Oh and for the record happy to stand by that position whatever the season throws at us. You are entilitled to your opinion and you have made it pretty clear you think he is the man as many have said time will tell ��

Just enjoy your moment in the sun without gloating, rain is only around the corner!
    Why have i lost you ricky? You was telling me how ive set myself up with this thread yet you was questioning why i believed we'd do well and telling how ill be proved wrong and wont admit it and eat humble pie! But youre telling me about setting myself up! your rant made me chickle as im not fussed if someone has a different opinion as we all have them mate, this original post wasnt getting carried away at all if you read it! I think you are mate tbh like youre one you asked me to copy n paste it for you!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

A good start from the team, much better than I and others had expected (and well done to Ollie for the surprising opening 4 games - bar the expected defeat at Norwich) but imo it is too early to start saying that you have been proved right in seeing what you see about him. You could have waited a few more games,but then again it is not surprising as you started a similar thread in January after the 6 game losing streak had been ended with a couple of wins. Enjoy the moment (hopefully it will last throughout the season).

I agree with Ricky's point about Ollie and his tactical skills as well as his view that the squad is not as bad as some have said. I too remember many of those games in his previous spell as manager hence my conviction that he is the wrong man for the job, Warnock on the other hand would have been a better choice (Cardiff are doing quite well too and next week should be very interesting).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        A good start from the team, much better than I and others had expected (and well done to Ollie for the surprising opening 4 games - bar the expected defeat at Norwich) but imo it is too early to start saying that you have been proved right in seeing what you see about him. You could have waited a few more games,but then again it is not surprising as you started a similar thread in January after the 6 game losing streak had been ended with a couple of wins. Enjoy the moment (hopefully it will last throughout the season).

I agree with Ricky's point about Ollie and his tactical skills as well as his view that the squad is not as bad as some have said. I too remember many of those games in his previous spell as manager hence my conviction that he is the wrong man for the job, Warnock on the other hand would have been a better choice (Cardiff are doing quite well too and next week should be very interesting).
        No. Clearly our squad is top notch, when we do well. If we had a better manager we would have won all 5 games, and have a goal difference of 30-0, right?
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          the team is playing well and i agree that's down to ollie, hes got us off to a great start. we all got wound up after he messed around with formations and tactics last season but hopefully he won't try that again anytime soon! he's defo got us playing with so much more confidence and spirit which is exactly what the teams been lacking, even 1-0 down yesterday we always looked capable of getting back in it and didn't start playing nervously.

loved the game yesterday and long may it continue!
          as for people who don't like ollie pinks, they want nothing more than to be proven wrong by ollie in the long term, it's only 4 games into the league so far so it might be too early to call them out on not supporting him. i know we got a bit of stick (mainly you, the rest of us olliephiles managed to slip under the radar for the best part at the time) but i do fully get why people didn't like ollie last season, at times i was even getting a bit sick of the stuff he was doing

Well said Corbray.

I'd absolutely love to be proved wrong by Ollie but 2 home wins and an away draw after 4 games (albeit games many of us expected little from), is imo too early for this type of thread. Afterall, Pinkie criticises those of us who post any sort of negative comment shortly after a defeat, yet here he is with this type of thread again after 3 weeks in August.

Comment

I didnt take that the OP calling anyone out or was rubbing anyones nose in the fact weve had a good start ,just asking if all the anti Ollie brigade ,who have spent most of the summer banging on about how pony Ollie is , could now see a glimmer of hope and weren`t quite as negative as before ,thats all.
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              just asking if all the anti Ollie brigade ,who have spent most of the summer banging on about how pony Ollie is , could now see a glimmer of hope and weren`t quite as negative as before ,thats all.
              I would imagine the general consensus will be that he has been lucky and that Les Ferdinand should be sacked for not signing Neymar when he was available.

Comment

Easy lads, early days still - it's been a good start.

Comment

Wonder if any club has ever been relegated from this divison with 7 points out of the first 12

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Again we have another one who seems to hate the fact ollies doing well, if you read what i put im not on about being proved right at all or i told you so`s or nothing, just asked whats everyones opinions now, read what i put instead of following on from rickyranger

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      I didnt take that the OP calling anyone out or was rubbing anyones nose in the fact weve had a good start ,just asking if all the anti Ollie brigade ,who have spent most of the summer banging on about how pony Ollie is , could now see a glimmer of hope and weren`t quite as negative as before ,thats all.
                      Thanks vesps put it simpler and better than i tried to

Comment

Have nothing against Ollie, not sure why anyone would as an R's fan but I don't think he's the long-term answer for us and I would personally like and would of had someone in place right now who is the long-term answer - but whilst the team is doing well and happy, I'm all smiles!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Wonder if any club has ever been relegated from this divison with 7 points out of the first 12
                          Be typical Rangers to make it a first Kev.

Still sticking with my pre-season prediction of a comfortable top ten finish. A quality striker in on loan could make the difference between that and a play-off place, but absolutely no point if it's going to disrupt the team spirit. Much rather see them all playing for each other and at least providing some decent entertaining football. Big difference so far from the tripe we had to endure for the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Have nothing against Ollie, not sure why anyone would as an R's fan but I don't think he's the long-term answer for us and I would personally like and would of had someone in place right now who is the long-term answer - but whilst the team is doing well and happy, I'm all smiles!
                            You see i really dont understand this at all, whats the longest serving manager we`ve ever had? whats the long term?! is ollie 89 years old & isnt going to last another few years!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              You see i really dont understand this at all, whats the longest serving manager we`ve ever had? whats the long term?! is ollie 89 years old & isnt going to last another few years!
                              I personally find Ollie a little limited and a tad old school for my liking. I think he is only able to take a team so far with a certain standard of player - I feel the same about Warnock.

The long term for me is someone who is a little younger and a little more dynamic with modern techniques who is able to build us and grow themself, as a manager - Gary Rowett, Paul Clement, Garry Monk etc. I'd like to build and get to somewhere like where Southampton are and I don't think Ollie could ever do that with us, he's more in the mould of a Neil Warnock where he'd only be able to take a team he is with so far... Nigel Adkins, Nigel Pearson etc.

Listen, Ollie could well stay here for the long-term and prove me wrong but it's just what I'd prefer, what I like and how I feel. If we got promoted into the Premier League with Ollie I personally would change manager.
                              Last edited by West London is Rss; 21-08-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Again i dont get that ollie can only take this team so far, what makes you think that any of those mentioned can take us further! what like in europe in the prem! football is a simple game and id love to see one of these so called supa managers here as they wouldnt fair much better at all without top players at there disposal! all this obnoxiousness about other managers being more tactically aware who we could have, it cracks me up, its about what players youve got and most importantly how you work as a group, obviously tactics have to be right but everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction & fighting for each other, without that you can have all youre supa intelligent dynamic forward thinking managers all you like they still wont do any good without the togetherness and spirit!

Comment

Working...
                                X