Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Haha top 6 4 games in, that did have me for aminute thinking ol tarbies sticking up for me, that cracked me up
    About right though mate. I had us bottom 5 at this point, but we're at the other end. Not on a wind up mate. Fair play to you for being one of few that had faith.

Agree with Ricky that it's early days. For me though, early signs look good!

Comment

So i really set myself up if it all goes wrong yet you was giving it large on one matchday thread about me seeing something you dont & how ill end up eating humble pie, bit rich considering it came from you to me!
      Like to see that thread, perhaps you could copy on here ???

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        About right though mate. I had us bottom 5 at this point, but we're at the other end. Not on a wind up mate. Fair play to you for being one of few that had faith.

Agree with Ricky that it's early days. For me though, early signs look good!
        Aw i thought you was building a winde up there have said its early days and a long old season, so many good teams in it, & our confidence has took a battering over the last few seasons so need to get that fear of losing thing out of the way & believe in ourselves, hopefully on that way now!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

just requoted it ricky on the prediction poll one above this!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            Like to see that thread, perhaps you could copy on here ???

Quote Originally Posted by rickyranger View Post
            Not sure you really answered the first question with anything other than with a completely bilinkered outlook. You certainly didn't answer the second question, but guess when Holloway goes you will go with him, won't you Ian. So guess there will be no admission you were wrong. Anyway time will tell, and we will know soon enough, but if I was you I would practice eating that humble pie!

Comment

Not sure you really answered the first question with anything other than with a completely bilinkered outlook. You certainly didn't answer the second question, but guess when Holloway goes you will go with him, won't you Ian. So guess there will be no admission you were wrong. Anyway time will tell, and we will know soon enough, but if I was you I would practice eating that humble pie!
              Best hope out form holds out if you're going down this route Pinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                I didn't see it and am delighted with 2 wins from 4 games but my opinion hasn't changed one bit
                In all seriousness neither did I Rebel. And my mind has also not changed. It's a long old season.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Best hope out form holds out if you're going down this route Pinks!
                  Haha what though tarbs! ricky started on me and and i reminded him that was all, he asked me to find it and paste it so i did lol

Comment

You and me both on the final paragraph mate. Like you, I've probably said about as much as I should on my personal feelings about Ollie.

Over the moon with the start of the season though. Just on my way to Dubai and a load of the original Dubai R's are out for the Cardiff game, so I hope we put in another good performance!
                    Where is the meet up Tarbs, Centre Circle..?

Comment

Sorry you have completely lost me, not sure that post is any different from my one above and if calling you out is having a different opinion, well oh dear you really don't like people who don't see it your way.

As I have said many times we have an upper mid table squad even with our current strikers, the league isn't that strong, but in my opinion we have a manager who tactically is clueless. Thought the same through his entire tenure, both now and before. Remember a away game at Peterborough many years ago where they had a man sent off first half and Holloway simply had no idea how to adapt to take advantage, same story re his tactics and adaptability ever since.

Team spirit and ranting will only take you so far and when the tide turns you need someone who can adapt and in my opinion Holloway isn't that man.

Oh and for the record happy to stand by that position whatever the season throws at us. You are entilitled to your opinion and you have made it pretty clear you think he is the man as many have said time will tell ��

Just enjoy your moment in the sun without gloating, rain is only around the corner!

Comment

Guys we won we have had a decent start let's enjoy it plenty of time to row if it goes south

Comment

Originally posted by Blunders View Post
                          Where is the meet up Tarbs, Centre Circle..?
                          Not 100% yet Steve. Will let you know though!

Comment

Agreed it's a long old season so should t get too carried away, think the club did very well managing our expectations over summer.

Happy I kept the faith with Ollie. Could see signs of it last season and at the moment it's going well. I'm sure we'll have more than our fair share of blips but hopefully even the most doubtful of fans have a reason to SUPPORT now.

Would like one or two more signings of quality in as I think an injury to luongo or freeman or Ned and we are f*cked!
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                              Sorry you have completely lost me, not sure that post is any different from my one above and if calling you out is having a different opinion, well oh dear you really don't like people who don't see it your way.

As I have said many times we have an upper mid table squad even with our current strikers, the league isn't that strong, but in my opinion we have a manager who tactically is clueless. Thought the same through his entire tenure, both now and before. Remember a away game at Peterborough many years ago where they had a man sent off first half and Holloway simply had no idea how to adapt to take advantage, same story re his tactics and adaptability ever since.

Team spirit and ranting will only take you so far and when the tide turns you need someone who can adapt and in my opinion Holloway isn't that man.

Oh and for the record happy to stand by that position whatever the season throws at us. You are entilitled to your opinion and you have made it pretty clear you think he is the man as many have said time will tell ��

Just enjoy your moment in the sun without gloating, rain is only around the corner!
                              Don't see how you can say Ollie tactically inept.

First tenure pretty irrelevant as it was 10 years ago under different circumstances. He's also spent A LOT of time studying championship teams.

Newcastle and Reading last season (and losing by 1 goal a lot of the time or deserving the win but still losing should give you confidence).

I think this summer has done the team a world of good and at the moment it looks like teams have to work out how to play against us, not the other way round.

Saying that, football always ends in tears but just trying not to think about that!
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

the team is playing well and i agree that's down to ollie, hes got us off to a great start. we all got wound up after he messed around with formations and tactics last season but hopefully he won't try that again anytime soon! he's defo got us playing with so much more confidence and spirit which is exactly what the teams been lacking, even 1-0 down yesterday we always looked capable of getting back in it and didn't start playing nervously.

loved the game yesterday and long may it continue!
                                as for people who don't like ollie pinks, they want nothing more than to be proven wrong by ollie in the long term, it's only 4 games into the league so far so it might be too early to call them out on not supporting him. i know we got a bit of stick (mainly you, the rest of us olliephiles managed to slip under the radar for the best part at the time) but i do fully get why people didn't like ollie last season, at times i was even getting a bit sick of the stuff he was doing

Comment

Working...
                                X