Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Ollie did tell everyone to not bothering going.
    He made it clear there would be whole sale changes and we have the worst cup record in the whole of the football league.
    Im more shocked that anybody who follows this club is shocked.
    It's not right to not be shocked by a result like though, is it? We should be expecting any kind of result like this. It's plain wrong.

This losing mentality or culture which still seems to be embedded somewhere with in the club since a few years ago needs to change!

When we've done well in a season, like our championship title winning season, the positivity going into every game no matter what team we fielded was immense.
    I feel it's going to take many years yet to fully eradicate the negative scars of the past few seasons, where we pretty much lost every game - it's had a much bigger affect on the club and culture than I first thought!
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 23-08-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      It's not right to not be shocked by a result like though, is it? We should be expecting any kind of result like this. It's plain wrong.
      I dont get shocked when the under 23s lose, nor do i care.
      That cup is no different imho.
      Yeah would of been fun and different to win and bein the next round, but it really doesnt matter that we aint.

Comment

It's the wrong attitude to have in my opinion. A winning culture needs to be born and bred again at the club such has been the negativity that has embroiled the club the last few seasons. Winning breeds winning and a culture within a club, and we'd made baby steps these past few weeks - the result last night has the potential to set us back another 10 steps.

Comment

Yeah would of been fun and different to win and bein the next round, but it really doesnt matter that we aint.
          Surely as Professionals the aim is to win every game!

It does matter in the fact the the Club has miked 50 years of Press and publicity out of our one and only success in this competition.

As a club that is steeped in its own tradition as they seem to be surely we need to be providing future generations something to look back on and moan that it wasn't as good as the old days...

I imagine membership to the Forever R's club will dwindle severely in future seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            It's the wrong attitude to have in my opinion. A winning culture needs to be born and bred again at the club such has been the negativity that has embroiled the club the last few seasons. Winning breeds winning and a culture within a club, and we'd made baby steps these past few weeks - the result last night has the potential to set us back another 10 steps.
            Another 10 steps lol, when we had our great warnock winning season how did we do in the league cup that year as i cant remember?! with the winning breeds winning mentality.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Another 10 steps lol, when we had our great warnock winning season how did we do in the league cup that year as i cant remember?! with the winning breeds winning mentality.
              You miss my point. It's more about the negative cuture that's embroiled and stuck in the club in recent years... because of this it's important not to have any scorelines/performances like last night.

We have so many scars from the last few seasons and I see us as so vulnerable still... one slip could still easily lead to a massive fall IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Or the Board into getting some decent squad players in....particularly at RB and LB
                LB ? What's wrong with Bidwell ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  Surely as Professionals the aim is to win every game!

It does matter in the fact the the Club has miked 50 years of Press and publicity out of our one and only success in this competition.

As a club that is steeped in its own tradition as they seem to be surely we need to be providing future generations something to look back on and moan that it wasn't as good as the old days...

I imagine membership to the Forever R's club will dwindle severely in future seasons
                  Its the ONLY thing this club has ever won and it meant a lot more over half a century ago.

Comment

Its the ONLY thing this club has ever won and it meant a lot more over half a century ago.
                    Does it still get you into Europe? I know we are never going to win it again...but even so .its a competition we are entered in ...we should give it respect...its Bs that the league is more important this season...we are mid table at best..so a morale boosting cup run makes more sense...just once it would be great for the club to say ..we are going to give this competition a real go...there is no disgrace losing to a prem team in the latter stages of a cup competition but to lose so pathetically to our supposed inferior neighbours is just an embarrassment. and can't be dressed up as anything else.

Comment

Does it still get you into Europe? I know we are never going to win it again...but even so .its a competition we are entered in ...we should give it respect...its Bs that the league is more important this season...we are mid table at best..so a morale boosting cup run makes more sense...just once it would be great for the club to say ..we are going to give this competition a real go...there is no disgrace losing to a prem team in the latter stages of a cup competition but to lose so pathetically to our supposed inferior neighbours is just an embarrassment. and can't be dressed up as anything else.
                      Glad to see there are others out there who share my view!

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbert View Post
                        Nothings wrong with Bidwell - decent defender IMO. Robinson is the issue for me....defensively as dependable as a glass hammer

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbert View Post
                          Nothing wrong with Bidwell but what if he gets injured? They'd mean Robinson pulling on the shirt again. No thanks. Dreadful player.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I don't think Robinson is as bad as people are making out (yes i was there last night)

He was alongside a terrible terrible defence, with no protection from Chair/Manning/Borysiuk

We all slated Bidwell because he was poor next to a poor defence last season. Think we need to give Robinson more of a chance.
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                              I don't think Robinson is as bad as people are making out (yes i was there last night)

He was alongside a terrible terrible defence, with no protection from Chair/Manning/Borysiuk

We all slated Bidwell because he was poor next to a poor defence last season. Think we need to give Robinson more of a chance.
                              completely agree - in the first half he had absolutely no protection! one minute he was expected to be bombing down the wing or taking long throw in by the corner flag and the next being slated for being out of position - he was completely over run down the left side. Our main problem in the first half was through the middle . the 2 centre halves looked loike the slowest we have seen since bob malcolm and our Teeny midfield where cut through so easily.

Comment

completely agree - in the first half he had absolutely no protection! one minute he was expected to be bombing down the wing or taking long throw in by the corner flag and the next being slated for being out of position - he was completely over run down the left side. Our main problem in the first half was through the middle . the 2 centre halves looked loike the slowest we have seen since bob malcolm and our Teeny midfield where cut through so easily.
                                Yep, think it's quite unfair criticism.

And hate to say it, but that Brentford team were simply better than us. They're younger, quicker, stronger, and move and control the ball much better than our players. Could just see their passing was much faster than us.

Whilst I'm happy with our first team, would really like some more pace in that side
                                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X