Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herbert View Post
    LB ? What's wrong with Bidwell ?
    Nothings wrong with Bidwell - decent defender IMO. Robinson is the issue for me....defensively as dependable as a glass hammer

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbert View Post
      LB ? What's wrong with Bidwell ?
      Nothing wrong with Bidwell but what if he gets injured? They'd mean Robinson pulling on the shirt again. No thanks. Dreadful player.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• I don't think Robinson is as bad as people are making out (yes i was there last night)

He was alongside a terrible terrible defence, with no protection from Chair/Manning/Borysiuk

We all slated Bidwell because he was poor next to a poor defence last season. Think we need to give Robinson more of a chance.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
          I don't think Robinson is as bad as people are making out (yes i was there last night)

He was alongside a terrible terrible defence, with no protection from Chair/Manning/Borysiuk

We all slated Bidwell because he was poor next to a poor defence last season. Think we need to give Robinson more of a chance.
          completely agree - in the first half he had absolutely no protection! one minute he was expected to be bombing down the wing or taking long throw in by the corner flag and the next being slated for being out of position - he was completely over run down the left side. Our main problem in the first half was through the middle . the 2 centre halves looked loike the slowest we have seen since bob malcolm and our Teeny midfield where cut through so easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
            completely agree - in the first half he had absolutely no protection! one minute he was expected to be bombing down the wing or taking long throw in by the corner flag and the next being slated for being out of position - he was completely over run down the left side. Our main problem in the first half was through the middle . the 2 centre halves looked loike the slowest we have seen since bob malcolm and our Teeny midfield where cut through so easily.
            Yep, think it's quite unfair criticism.

And hate to say it, but that Brentford team were simply better than us. They're younger, quicker, stronger, and move and control the ball much better than our players. Could just see their passing was much faster than us.

Whilst I'm happy with our first team, would really like some more pace in that side

Comment

We all slated Bidwell because he was poor next to a poor defence last season.
              Thought Bidwell got slated mostly because he offers little going forward? Defensively, IMO, he has always been solid (bar Brentford away)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Thought Bidwell got slated mostly because he offers little going forward? Defensively, IMO, he has always been solid (bar Brentford away)
                I can't remember anymore lol. All a distant memory now he's flavour of the month!

Comment

He was alongside a terrible terrible defence, with no protection from Chair/Manning/Borysiuk.
                  Who was the left sided midfielder? Yeni? The LM should primarily cover the LB when he is out of position.

Comment

• Robinson just seems weak in the tackle. Alright in the air and got some skill but gets shoved off ball too easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Who was the left sided midfielder? Yeni? The LM should primarily cover the LB when he is out of position.
                      There wasn't a LM

Just the 3 CMs playing in front and then Yeni and Sylla up top together.

we have always left Bidwell exposed on that side and we seem to be doing the same to Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        Robinson just seems weak in the tackle. Alright in the air and got some skill but gets shoved off ball too easily.
                        I remember his first game back v Charlton (when we sent them down) and he was anything but weak in the tackle there.

The opposition were likely just too quick for him, couldn't get near them. Although he did outpace their winger at one point

Comment

• Oh no.
                          Hes saying now that hes ready to use Caulker to start palying a major part in the team.
                          Sometimes you run out of ways to stick up for Ollie you really do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Oh no.
                            Hes saying now that hes ready to use Caulker to start palying a major part in the team.
                            well, he has not got much choice. perch lynch and baptiste all with injuries.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              well, he has not got much choice. perch lynch and baptiste all with injuries.
                              Loan someone who can play football instead of drink?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                Oh no.
                                He's gotta improve hasn't he?

To be fair, he was decent for 5 or 6 games at the start of last season. If his head is right and he's fit/sober, he's more than good enough for this league.......big if though admitedly!

Comment

Working...
                                X