No announcement yet.

Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old Rangers ain't it... No matter who the gaffer is, no matter what squad we have, there's something embedded into the club where we seem liable to throw a performance like last night into the odd game.

Shocking and precisely why everyone should keep their feet firmly on the ground with Ollie and Rangers in general these days.

10 changes but the players picked are fringe 1st teamer's which is even more shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Where's Pinkie tonight anyway?

Not chirping up like he was a few days back, is he? Ha ha
      Lol ive only just come on this morning and had a couple of minutes on here last night as knew we wouldnt do any good or hoped we might, but saw the usual ones who`ve been chomping at the bit to post were allover it so thought no point in biting at them having a meltdown
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        A lot people on here were desperate for that last night.
        Absolute gagging for it.
        So much in a nutshell kev, chomping at the bit lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          I dont see that either. How many of those playing last night will be involved at the weekend? 2 or 3 maybe?

Yeah, some of the fans are up in arms about last night, and I get it. But we must remember that we are sat 5th in the league and have been playing well. Cardiff at the weekend is so much more important than last night was ever going to be!
          And the wonderful warnocks cardiff lost at home to burton aswell.

Comment

• The midfield trio simply could not hack it together. I have no doubt there are 3 good players there from last night but they can't play without someone who can actually control the pace better. Ollie threw that side together to give everyone a chance but there was no glue holding them together. Ariel looked disinterested, Manning looked incapable of doing anything and Chair looked isolated without movement from deep.

Put any one of those players in to replace a single player from the usual midfield of Luongo, Freeman and Scowen and I think they'll be fine, but playing 3 players with very limited experience together was never going to work out.

The only positive is that this might scare ollie into keeping the side constant as much as possible
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              And the wonderful warnocks cardiff lost at home to burton aswell.
              And this is exactly the point. Yes, our result was a far more comprehensive defeat than Cardiff's against Burton. Net result is the same. We're both out of the cup and focused on the league again from Saturday.

The meltdown by a few on here was to be expected. But so was the result. We're always bad in the cup and that line-up last night wasn't ever going to do anything but maintain the status quo.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                We are not good enough a team or he as a manager to brag about doing his or our magic! Worse squad since before Warnock took charge!
                Is that the Warnock squad that lost 3-1 to Port Vale at Loftus Road in the League Cup ?

Comment

• Let's not make excuses or brush it under the carpet last night just because we've won a couple of games prior to last night.

Everyone of us has the absolute right to criticise that performance last night. You shouldn't stick your head in the sand when you lose 4-1 at home no matter who it's against.
                  The team out last night was strong and the players were 1st team members bar 1. Getting into tit for tat with other fans as to why that performance shouldn't be heavily criticised is ridiculous. Everyone of us deserves to know what the fark that performance was last night.

We weren't at home to Port Vale, Swindon, or Rotherham... We we were at home to our rivals with a strong team out! What on earth was it all about!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Let's not make excuses or brush it under the carpet last night just because we've won a couple of games prior to last night.

Everyone of us has the absolute right to criticise that performance last night. You shouldn't stick your head in the sand when you lose 4-1 at home no matter who it's against.
                    The team out last night was strong and the players were 1st team members bar 1. Getting into tit for tat with other fans as to why that performance shouldn't be heavily criticised is ridiculous. Everyone of us deserves to know what the fark that performance was last night.

We weren't at home to Port Vale, Swindon, or Rotherham... We we were at home to our rivals with a strong team out! What on earth was it all about!!
                    10 of those 11 were second string players. Wszolek is a first teamer. Baptiste only played against Hull because Lynch was out. Second string side mate, not a first team. Still, no excuse losing by that margin at home, especially to that lot. If anything they shouldve been making more of an effort to show they want to be in the first team.
                    Seen a couple of posts about Manning, I noticed he moved over to the left to help out Robinson, who was farking garbage. I don't think that made his job any easier.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• To all those critisising IH:
                      Why not putting the blame on the players on the pitch! These are all pro-players and you can ask for a proper performance even though they are currently not first choice.
                      Regarding the post-match interview, of course IH backs the team, what else is he supposed to do? A manager always backs his squad...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        10 of those 11 were second string players. Wszolek is a first teamer. Baptiste only played against Hull because Lynch was out. Second string side mate, not a first team. Still, no excuse losing by that margin at home, especially to that lot. If anything they shouldve been making more of an effort to show they want to be in the first team.
                        Seen a couple of posts about Manning, I noticed he moved over to the left to help out Robinson, who was farking garbage. I don't think that made his job any easier.
                        In my eyes that's making excuses mate, those players are good enough, come on!! Brentford's side weren't full strength either...

Comment

• A cup game under floodlights and we lose.....total shock,our record at playing midweek must be abysmal. All about the league as its only a Mickey mouse cup anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by luca View Post
                            To all those critisising IH:
                            Why not putting the blame on the players on the pitch! These are all pro-players and you can ask for a proper performance even though they are currently not first choice.
                            Regarding the post-match interview, of course IH backs the team, what else is he supposed to do? A manager always backs his squad...
                            Exactly luca, tbh whatever players were picked that are second string should of been trying there hardest to impress, thats something i dont get!

Comment

• It's clear that if you are optimistic about the season then last night's result doesn, matter so much but if you are pessimistic about the season ahead then last night was the start of the downfall and what you have expected all along

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Exactly luca, tbh whatever players were picked that are second string should of been trying there hardest to impress, thats something i dont get!
                                I think there is just a clear lack of enthusiasm at the club (and many other clubs to be fair), when it comes to the league cup. If everyone from TF down to the U21's see it as a distraction and an unimportant competition, it will shine through on the pitch.

Quite right in what you say though. There were 7 or 8 players out there last night that had an opportunity to impress and edge closer to the starting 11, but for whatever reason didn't put a performance in!

Comment

Working...
                                X