Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollies working his magic.....

I know we`re only 4 games into the new season but surely now even the biggest ollie knockers can see whats going on now?! ive been asked what do you see what i dont so many times, so whats everyones views now, has it changed abit or still adamant we`re pants! the spirit is starting to shine through & we`ve a cracking little squad & just just short of a couple or three players, but still players to come back aswell, best ive felt about our squad for years now, whats everyones elses views....& this isnt a told you so or a winde up thread!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

I'm pleasantly surprised Pinks.

I see a well drilled, hardworking side with a whole lot of character and spirit. Digging 3 points out yesterday with a couple of players struggling with injuries was great to see, last season we'd have lost that!

I still scratch my head at some of the tactics and substitutions if I'm honest. But as long as we are winning, I really don't care how we get there!

Comment

Brilliant start to the season that even the staunchest optimist probably didn't see coming. Great stuff.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I'm pleasantly surprised Pinks.

I see a well drilled, hardworking side with a whole lot of character and spirit. Digging 3 points out yesterday with a couple of players struggling with injuries was great to see, last season we'd have lost that!

I still scratch my head at some of the tactics and substitutions if I'm honest. But as long as we are winning, I really don't care how we get there!
        Nice one tarbs, it is only early doors but we`ve good in all games and had great possession stats in every game, but i suppose with there being soo many good teams in this league this season its easy for the wheels to fall off at any time! i think most managers tarbs can make decisions we dont agree with tbh, but fingers crossed for cardiff, get a result there and we`ll be flying

Comment

Also 2 wins out of 2 at home

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Nice one tarbs, it is only early doors but we`ve good in all games and had great possession stats in every game, but i suppose with there being soo many good teams in this league this season its easy for the wheels to fall off at any time! i think most managers tarbs can make decisions we dont agree with tbh, but fingers crossed for cardiff, get a result there and we`ll be flying
            Well yeah, dont expect to agree with every decision Ollie or any other manager makes. I just find I disagree with far more of Ollies decisions than any other manager we've had in recent years.

Warnock on the other hand. I think I found myself agreeing with almost every major tactical decision he made.

Like I say though, all that really matters at the end of the day is results. If they stay anywhere near as good as they have been in the first 4 games, Ollie can pick whatever side he likes!

Comment

What I like is the avoidance of late goal concession. Seemed to happen every game. Instead it was us! Might be down to fitness, team spirit, who knows?

Comment

Yesterday I sat there and could see a plan and actually felt bit of hope and comfidence as we were so comfortable in the game same as we were against Reading

Definitely a team unit going on and it's been good start to the season so the man deserves total credit as he's taken stick so time for slaps on the back when it goes well. I only hope he keeps it nice and simple as he is as it's working and don't try getting smart and playing up. This set up suits us and players yes few extra bodies would improve us but if we go with what we have I think it's enough for him to get a tune out of

Keep playing as we are and I will be chuffed to bits and would not criticise as I'm liking what I'm seeing. Big plus as well is he's calm on the side and keeping mouth shut in press personally can't ask anymore at this stage as he's doing everything I would expect.

Currently job well done Ollie keep it going

I have tried to keep views on Ollie to myself close season on good advice of pinks and give him fair crack start of this season

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Brilliant start to the season that even the staunchest optimist probably didn't see coming. Great stuff.
                  I didn't see it and am delighted with 2 wins from 4 games but my opinion hasn't changed one bit

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    I know we`re only 4 games into the new season but surely now even the biggest ollie knockers can see whats going on now?! ive been asked what do you see what i dont so many times, so whats everyones views now, has it changed abit or still adamant we`re pants! the spirit is starting to shine through & we`ve a cracking little squad & just just short of a couple or three players, but still players to come back aswell, best ive felt about our squad for years now, whats everyones elses views....& this isnt a told you so or a winde up thread!
                    If I was you I would have waited until at least 6 games as nothing is decided so early and already this season a lot of strange results, Ipswich top and undeafeted for a start. Also missing the fact that the two strikers that scored yesterday were not considered good enough to start by your hero. Nothing changed for me re Holloway, extremely limited tactically and you need more than hard work and jokes. Having said that be very happy if I'm proved wrong by results but you really do set yourself of it all goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Yesterday I sat there and could see a plan and actually felt bit of hope and comfidence as we were so comfortable in the game same as we were against Reading

Definitely a team unit going on and it's been good start to the season so the man deserves total credit as he's taken stick so time for slaps on the back when it goes well. I only hope he keeps it nice and simple as he is as it's working and don't try getting smart and playing up. This set up suits us and players yes few extra bodies would improve us but if we go with what we have I think it's enough for him to get a tune out of

Keep playing as we are and I will be chuffed to bits and would not criticise as I'm liking what I'm seeing. Big plus as well is he's calm on the side and keeping mouth shut in press personally can't ask anymore at this stage as he's doing everything I would expect.

Currently job well done Ollie keep it going

I have tried to keep views on Ollie to myself close season on good advice of pinks and give him fair crack start of this season
                      You and me both on the final paragraph mate. Like you, I've probably said about as much as I should on my personal feelings about Ollie.

Over the moon with the start of the season though. Just on my way to Dubai and a load of the original Dubai R's are out for the Cardiff game, so I hope we put in another good performance!

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                        If I was you I would have waited until at least 6 games as nothing is decided so early and already this season a lot of strange results, Ipswich top and undeafeted for a start. Also missing the fact that the two strikers that scored yesterday were not considered good enough to start by your hero. Nothing changed for me re Holloway, extremely limited tactically and you need more than hard work and jokes. Having said that be very happy if I'm proved wrong by results but you really do set yourself of it all goes wrong.
                        Credit where credit's due though Ricky. I dislike Holloway as much as you, but there is some fight about this team he's put together, and I think the early signs are good for this season.

Credit to Pinkie too for being about the only man on here to believe that Olllie could get us in the top 6 four games in!

Comment

You can't criticise people for not having faith in Holloway for this season. Even just 1 win in that second lot of 6 lost in a row would have given people more faith. That second run of games made things feel really flat.

Credit where it's due, were competing in every game and he's keeping the same team where possible. Atmosphere yesterday at the end was the best it's been in years.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

So i really set myself up if it all goes wrong yet you was giving it large on one matchday thread about me seeing something you dont & how ill end up eating humble pie, bit rich considering it came from you to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Credit where credit's due though Ricky. I dislike Holloway as much as you, but there is some fight about this team he's put together, and I think the early signs are good for this season.

Credit to Pinkie too for being about the only man on here to believe that Olllie could get us in the top 6 four games in!
                              Haha top 6 4 games in, that did have me for aminute thinking ol tarbies sticking up for me, that cracked me up

Comment

Working...
                              X