Ollies working his magic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    I personally find Ollie a little limited and a tad old school for my liking. I think he is only able to take a team so far with a certain standard of player - I feel the same about Warnock.

The long term for me is someone who is a little younger and a little more dynamic with modern techniques who is able to build us and grow themself, as a manager - Gary Rowett, Paul Clement, Garry Monk etc. I'd like to build and get to somewhere like where Southampton are and I don't think Ollie could ever do that with us, he's more in the mould of a Neil Warnock where he'd only be able to take a team he is with so far... Nigel Adkins, Nigel Pearson etc.

Listen, Ollie could well stay here for the long-term and prove me wrong but it's just what I'd prefer, what I like and how I feel. If we got promoted into the Premier League with Ollie I personally would change manager.
    I like old school. I like Ollie. Always has, always will.

To get a squad going, first and foremost you need team spirit, IMO. Everyone fighting for their team mates. Someone makes a mistake, nevermind Iīll cover for you, because we have a common cause. Itīs the be-all and end-all of football. Itīs about the team first and foremost. Ollie knows that, and that is what he instills in his players. And it clearly shows. If they donīt like it, acting up and what have you, move on. Would you want to play in a team, were some w@nker never makes training sessions, but still gets his spot? Not for me.

I like QPR the way we are now. I like old school. I like team spirit. I like Ollie. U Rīs
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Again i dont get that ollie can only take this team so far, what makes you think that any of those mentioned can take us further! what like in europe in the prem! football is a simple game and id love to see one of these so called supa managers here as they wouldnt fair much better at all without top players at there disposal! all this obnoxiousness about other managers being more tactically aware who we could have, it cracks me up, its about what players youve got and most importantly how you work as a group, obviously tactics have to be right but everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction & fighting for each other, without that you can have all youre supa intelligent dynamic forward thinking managers all you like they still wont do any good without the togetherness and spirit!
      Thatīs what I tried to put across as well BTW not in any way aimed at WLIR. Just a catalyst
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Again i dont get that ollie can only take this team so far, what makes you think that any of those mentioned can take us further! what like in europe in the prem! football is a simple game and id love to see one of these so called supa managers here as they wouldnt fair much better at all without top players at there disposal! all this obnoxiousness about other managers being more tactically aware who we could have, it cracks me up, its about what players youve got and most importantly how you work as a group, obviously tactics have to be right but everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction & fighting for each other, without that you can have all youre supa intelligent dynamic forward thinking managers all you like they still wont do any good without the togetherness and spirit!
        Firstly I'm not using the names of other managers in my previous post as options I want or would prefer, I was just using them as an example of the mould of manager I like.
        Looking back at his record, the proof is in the pudding that he can only take teams so far, namely Blackpool and Palace - the latter he gave up saying he couldn't himself.

Togertherness, spirit, love for the club is great but eventually you need tactical astuteness and real quality to get anywhere and be successful - if you have all these things then it's a dream - like Huddersfield have.

As I say it's just my opinion and I personally think I am right with it - as soon as the fire and passion burns out with Ollie around the club, he is left wanting.
        Last edited by West London is Rss; 21-08-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

#### me we are seeing the best football we've seen for over two years and still they find something to nit pick about no wonder other sites laugh and call this fantasy island !! Some of the are players limited some can't finish some can't cross some can't go forward the manager is to old school well that suits me win or lose I like to see what I'm seeing , yes we're only four games in but I'll save my nit picking in case the dross returns . Rant over

Comment

Firstly I'm not using the names of other managers in my previous post as options I want or would prefer, I was just using them as an example of the mould of manager I like.
            Looking back at his record, the proof is in the pudding that he can only take teams so far, namely Blackpool and Palace - the latter he gave up saying he couldn't himself.

Togertherness, spirit, love for the club is great but eventually you need tactical astuteness and real quality to get anywhere and be successful - if you have all these things then it's a dream - like Huddersfield have.

As I say it's just my opinion and I personally think I am right with it - as soon as the fire and passion burns out with Ollie around the club, he is left wanting.
            First bit i read there about only taking teams so far, then you mention blackpool & palace lol, just how far do you think those two could go?! win the prem, the fa cup, stay in europe every season! what a daft comment, i wonder how many more supa intelligent managers could take blackpool & palace, i bet you bottom dollar they couldnt take them as far as ollie did!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              #### me we are seeing the best football we've seen for over two years and still they find something to nit pick about no wonder other sites laugh and call this fantasy island !! Some of the are players limited some can't finish some can't cross some can't go forward the manager is to old school well that suits me win or lose I like to see what I'm seeing , yes we're only four games in but I'll save my nit picking in case the dross returns . Rant over
              Just a discussion mate, calm down.

Comment

Its unreal isnt it tbh, all the same stuff gets said no matter how well things are going & how well we`re playing, yet if someone like rowett had done this now he`d be getting bigged up!

Comment

It's early days yet.
                  Let's see if Ollie is still with us at the end of December.
                  So far so good let's hope it continues.

Comment

First bit i read there about only taking teams so far, then you mention blackpool & palace lol, just how far do you think those two could go?! win the prem, the fa cup, stay in europe every season! what a daft comment, i wonder how many more supa intelligent managers could take blackpool & palace, i bet you bottom dollar they couldnt take them as far as ollie did!
                    I don't understand your bit about Blackpool and Palace, sorry? I think if Ollie got us up that would be as far he would be able to take us, like with Palace and Blackpool. Mangers and players do have limitations as to what they can do. Palace replaced him and have stayed up season upon season trying to build and have done so reasonably successfully I feel. Blackpool, I'm not sure if anyone could of kept them up, all I know is Bournemouth are similar in size and have been doing well so it is possible.

It's not really a debate that is possible because no one knows what other managers can do with certain clubs until it happens, it's more subjective.

I'm sorry if my view has offended your love for Ollie, we have currently had a good start to the season and I'm happy. Just my view on preference of manager and the long-term.
                    We all have an opinion, and we all have to accept that and not get too hit up on it or angry if others differ from our own.
                    Last edited by West London is Rss; 21-08-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Just a discussion mate, calm down.
                      Well why not discuss how much better you feel on your way to the game and going home , for the last two and half years you'd find it hard to pick a club playing worse football than what we've been served up with

Comment

I understand your bit about Blackpool and Palace, sorry? I think if Ollie got us up that would be as far he would be able to take us, like with Palace and Blackpool. Mangers and players do have limitations as to what they can do. Palace replaced him and have stayed up season upon season trying to build and have done so reasonably successfully I feel. Blackpool I'm not sure if anyone could of kept them up, all I know is Bournemouth are similar in size and have been doing well so it is possible.

It's not a really a debate that is possible because no one knows what other managers can do with certain clubs until it happens, it's more subjective.

I'm sorry if my view has offended your love for Ollie, we have currently had a good start to the season and I'm happy. Just my view on preference of manager and the long-term.
                        We all have an opinion, and we all have to accept that and not get too hit up on it or angry if others differ from our own.
                        If Ollie got up which I don't think he will ! He'd earn the club over 100m then the ball in Les's court to take the club Futher

Comment

Well why not discuss how much better you feel on your way to the game and going home , for the last two and half years you'd find it hard to pick a club playing worse football than what we've been served up with
                          Calm down! It's an opinion on the type of manager I like and the long-term, nothing more, nothing less. I am currently happy! It's just a casual discussion, christ!

Comment

I don't understand your bit about Blackpool and Palace, sorry? I think if Ollie got us up that would be as far he would be able to take us, like with Palace and Blackpool. Mangers and players do have limitations as to what they can do. Palace replaced him and have stayed up season upon season trying to build and have done so reasonably successfully I feel. Blackpool, I'm not sure if anyone could of kept them up, all I know is Bournemouth are similar in size and have been doing well so it is possible.

It's not really a debate that is possible because no one knows what other managers can do with certain clubs until it happens, it's more subjective.

You havnt offended my love of ollie at all, if it had been any other manager and you can see whats happening and you was still being negative about him id still say the same! i can give and take so doesnt offend me one bit, more baffles me at how stubborn some can be even if things have drastically changed! same as rickyranger telling me about eating humble pie & ill be gone with ollie etc, then knocking me for putting this thread up yet hes come out with all that on another thread, quite funny really tbh

Comment

You havnt offended my love of ollie at all, if it had been any other manager and you can see whats happening and you was still being negative about him id still say the same! i can give and take so doesnt offend me one bit, more baffles me at how stubborn some can be even if things have drastically changed! same as rickyranger telling me about eating humble pie & ill be gone with ollie etc, then knocking me for putting this thread up yet hes come out with all that on another thread, quite funny really tbh
                              It's really not negative or positive, it's just my personal viewpoint from a subjective thread. We're 4 games in I think those shouting from the hill tops should just settle down a tad and keep our feet on the ground. We had 3 wins out of the first five last season with a few clean sheet in there and look how the season finished.

I'm currently happy with Ollie and we've had a good start - he just wasn't my pick when he got appointed nor is he my pick for the long-term. Just trying to get that across and give reasons why I don't think he is.
                              Last edited by West London is Rss; 21-08-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

It's really not negative or positive, it's just my personal viewpoint from a subjective thread. We're 4 games in I think those shouting from the hill tops should just settle down a tad and keep our feet on the ground. We had 3 wins out of the first five last season with a few clean sheet in there and look how the season finished.

I'm currently happy with Ollie and we've had a good start - he just wasn't my pick when he got appointed nor is he my pick for the long-term. Just trying to get that across and give reasons why I don't think he is.
                                Yeah i agree but no ones shouting from any rooftops lol, thats the funny thing, read my first post

Comment

Working...
                                X