Sylla and style of play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylla and style of play

So most prefer Sylla to mackie but can and will Sylla join Connor and the midfield with our high pressing style of play? I'm not sure.

If he can great. If he can't do we adjust it for 1 player?

Serious questions for debate please

We he did yesterday he was hounding there CB and FB

Comment

I'm asking if he'll do it if he starts

Comment

personally i think he should start over mackie, even though mackie has been effective when he's played he can be quite limited in what he does and isn't gunna be the guy to get us 15+ a season, maybe conor could and he's looked sharp so far but sylla is too good a player to keep on the bench and offers something we've been lacking and thats some finishing quality. in preseason he looked a different player to last season, he ran around a lot more and seemed to fit in well with our new style of play plus he's a physical presence in the team which we are also lacking atm. we've been pretty damn good at getting the ball into attacking areas and there's been at least 6-7 times when we should have scored this season already but didn't put it away.

i reckon he should be given a fair chance in the team for once as he's never properly had a proper shot in the team despite being our top scorer last season with 10 goals in 32 appearances with 18 of those being off the bench scoring a goal every 140 minutes according to whoscored.com. pretty lethal stats if you ask me and not something that should be looked over especially considering how awful we were whether it be too defensive and boring under jfh or the bench warming/crazy tactics under ollie at times last season

Comment

My game plan would be just get the ball to him, at least we know we stand half a chance of scoring.

Comment

We need to win the ball first..... it's a tough one and I would like to see if he can do it against Cardiff by giving mackie a rest. His hold and finishing is better than anyone else but I have doubts over his work rate and he sometimes holds onto the ball too long.... Worth a chance for a start in the league though I feel.

Comment

Would like to see what Sylla and Smith can do as the starting pair and then use Washington to come on later using his pace when defenders are knackered.

With the 5 man midfield we are crying out to have at least 1 striker in the box to aim at.

Comment

Working...
              X