Scowen, Freeman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amusant View Post
    Scowen plays not altogether unlike another little rat who used to play for us......now sitting in the dug out
    He's better then that I said after seeing him first time he's like scot Parker

Comment

Freeman is our most creative threat at times I think he's got a great future with us. For god sake though can we not give him the Joey Barton approach to set pieces I.e taking every single one. Some of them have been awful.

Comment

both have been bloody great signings. scowen is perfect for our team and just what we needed, our midfield looks so much better with him in it and its making everyone else around him improve, especially luongo whos also come into his own so far. hes like a mix of scowen and freeman and is a lot stronger than he looks

Comment

That midfield trio is looking magnificent together. The fact that we haven't been able to use Manning or Ariel yet shows how good these three have been together.

Scowen is a rabid dog chasing down passes but he does need to either work on his passing or learn to play it more simple.

Freeman has been ridiculously playing as the most attacking of the trio, doing wonderful work leading into the box but needs to work on his finishing (especially since he's getting into shooting positions pretty regularly) and his ball delivery from set pieces.

Luongo has been unreal, some of the tackles he's made don't even make sense and the commitment he puts into everything is wonderful. I want to see him get into the box more and start taking more risks with his passing in the final third as he can play a magnificent pass when he tries to.

I've been so impressed by 7 or 8 of our starting line up this season, it's hard to imagine the fact that this run might dry out for a while but I hope we keep it going as long as possible.

COYRS
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            That midfield trio is looking magnificent together. The fact that we haven't been able to use Manning or Ariel yet shows how good these three have been together.

Scowen is a rabid dog chasing down passes but he does need to either work on his passing or learn to play it more simple.

Freeman has been ridiculously playing as the most attacking of the trio, doing wonderful work leading into the box but needs to work on his finishing (especially since he's getting into shooting positions pretty regularly) and his ball delivery from set pieces.

Luongo has been unreal, some of the tackles he's made don't even make sense and the commitment he puts into everything is wonderful. I want to see him get into the box more and start taking more risks with his passing in the final third as he can play a magnificent pass when he tries to.

I've been so impressed by 7 or 8 of our starting line up this season, it's hard to imagine the fact that this run might dry out for a while but I hope we keep it going as long as possible.

COYRS
            Have you ever considered career in propaganda or spin

Comment

COYRS
              Don't be impressed with 7_ 8 in all fairness it's rubbed off on all our players ! the air of confidence running through the players true not all have been outstanding but when you look back to all of the players last season the all round performances have improved

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Totally agree. Seeing a different Mas with Scowen in behind this season.

With Borysuik,Manning and even Perch in reserve all of a sudden we have a midfield
                Don't forget goss.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Have you ever considered career in propaganda or spin
                  Haha everything is an option at this point XD
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

our midfield, along with woslek must be worth close to 40 mil between them.

love scowen and freeman.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      our midfield, along with woslek must be worth close to 40 mil between them.

love scowen and freeman.
                      Wanted to check this out as I'd hope it was true.

Figured I'd compare the players in terms of experience to others who have been signed for hefty fees in recent years.

Most expensive centre mid transfer this season in the championship for a player who hasn't played in the prem was Will Hughes who got signed by Watford for £8.19mil

With that being said, Jeff Hendrick went for £10.62mil last season to burnley having not left Derby prior and had no prem experience.

Realistically, if those centre mids perform well then, it isn't particularly illogical to say that with the rise in spending, especially on homegrown talent, these three could indeed be worth around £10mil each by the end of the season even if we don't go up, as long as they keep up their performances.

Wszolek on the other hand has top level Serie A experience, good championship experience and if he performs well, could be closer to the 12-15mil range by the end of the season.

If we go up, these prices can definitely go up too. Get Goss, Manning and Ariel playing semi regularly too and we could have a midfield squadron worth quite a pretty penny.

Comment

Wanted to check this out as I'd hope it was true.

Figured I'd compare the players in terms of experience to others who have been signed for hefty fees in recent years.

Most expensive centre mid transfer this season in the championship for a player who hasn't played in the prem was Will Hughes who got signed by Watford for £8.19mil

With that being said, Jeff Hendrick went for £10.62mil last season to burnley having not left Derby prior and had no prem experience.

Realistically, if those centre mids perform well then, it isn't particularly illogical to say that with the rise in spending, especially on homegrown talent, these three could indeed be worth around £10mil each by the end of the season even if we don't go up, as long as they keep up their performances.

Wszolek on the other hand has top level Serie A experience, good championship experience and if he performs well, could be closer to the 12-15mil range by the end of the season.

If we go up, these prices can definitely go up too. Get Goss, Manning and Ariel playing semi regularly too and we could have a midfield squadron worth quite a pretty penny.
                        That's not uninteresting mate, and I totally agree.

Long way to go for these guys to be worth 10m each tho. Keep up the good work fellas.

Comment

Scowen has started well and is the most important of the 3 in the middle as him sitting is allowing Luongo and Freeman to play in the other teams half. Freeman needs to add composure to his game as his finishing right now is the weak part of his game. Good start by all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                            Freeman is our most creative threat at times I think he's got a great future with us. For god sake though can we not give him the Joey Barton approach to set pieces I.e taking every single one. Some of them have been awful.
                            I agree, some have been dreadful...but as soon as the two tallest players in our squad came on, his corners looked dangerous again! I don't think it's a coincidence - our squad (barring Sylla, Smith and Onuoha) is tiny.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Scowen has started well and is the most important of the 3 in the middle as him sitting is allowing Luongo and Freeman to play in the other teams half. Freeman needs to add composure to his game as his finishing right now is the weak part of his game. Good start by all 3.
                              this, i see scowen as our keyplayer from what ive seen as he provides so much to the team and reads the game so well, has great vision, positional sense and seems to be everywhere on the pitch. magnificent player and i pray to god that he doesnt get injured!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                this, i see scowen as our keyplayer from what ive seen as he provides so much to the team and reads the game so well, has great vision, positional sense and seems to be everywhere on the pitch. magnificent player and i pray to god that he doesnt get injured!!!
                                I'd imagine Borysiuk would be able to cover Scowen.

Comment

Working...
                                X