On way home - QPR 2 Hull City 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home - QPR 2 Hull City 1

Hull got their just deserts today,timewasting and 2 or 3 cynical fouls kept Rangers frustrated for long periods.
    Today I believe we got our reward for pure hard work and a never say die attitude, things at times today just did not work but the players kept on and on. Some of our pass and move today was a joy to watch, mixed in with certain players constantly falling over, over hit passes, and cheaply losing possession, Scowen in particular was guilty of giving away the ball, however his head never dropped, ditto Freeman.
    Thought Perch had a good game as did the defence in general, even with a few heart stopping moments. Lua Lua had a shocking first 45, however I thought he started second half better but was quickly hooked off.
    Shocking crowd of 12,600 including around 700 from Hull, the crowd who were there stuck with the team and got their reward.Hopefully people will return, we have some decent players and the team spirit and effort is fantastic, 7 out of 12, 5 more than I thought we would get.

My take

3 very well deserved points, very pleasing indeed.
    What pleases me more is the fact we bounced back from defeat midweek, and being 1-0 down.
    Their goal was purely down to shocking defending for me, but we responded brilliantly. The 2nd half performance was excellent and we deserved that win. Fantastic result.
    Only real complaint is the performance of Kazenga LuaLua, but I've just seen a post saying his dad passed away yesterday. My sympathies to him, fair play to him for showing the desire to play, but he shouldn't have. The subs Ollie made today were spot on, especially Smith, he caused untold problems.
    Brilliant stuff Rangers. Awesome.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2