Your worst QPR experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    Vauxhall motors at home and Wimbledon 5-0 away. Huge away following completely embarrassed at selhurst under Francis. Wearing some abortion of a luminous kit. Horrible day
    I was at that Wimbledon 5-0 away on some freebie tickets in the home end. We were right behind the goal, Ludek Miklosko was keeper that day.

We'd been beaten 5-0 or 5-1 by Notts County I think, a week or 2 before. Me and my mate joked at kick that we'd go home if it went to 5. Sure enough, after 60 odd minutes we were on our way, much to the enjoyment of all the home fans around us.

That was a bad day. Cardiff play-off final hurt more though!

Comment

For me being relegated to league one was a real low point. Also fretted a bit when I thought we were merging with Wimbledon, it seemed certain at the time. The other mergers were always remote but this one seemed a bit too close.
      Always hate losing great players and Sir Les going up north caused me a few worries. First time losing to Cambridge United caused me heartache, went with a group of mates all U's fans, took some stick as I just couldn't see us ever losing to them.
      Giving up the plastic pitch, used to love us playing on that, seemed we were unbeatable on that, although we lost several games.

Agree also with some of the above, Parksy, Allen and Goddard were tough to take but Stan going to Cloughy hurt bad too.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Newcastle away which was the day we knew Gerry was leaving first time around. After that it all went downhill until Warnock rocked up in 2010. The club after 1994 almost went under so that has to be the worst for me.

Comment

Man utd at home in 96,when the ref decided to keep playing extra time until they scored ! that has to be the angriest ive ever been after a match , obviously i wasn`t the only one because it was going off left right and centre down South Africa rd after.
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            Man utd at home in 96,when the ref decided to keep playing extra time until they scored ! that has to be the angriest ive ever been after a match , obviously i wasn`t the only one because it was going off left right and centre down South Africa rd after.
            I'll second that one. Same thing on and in ellerslie road, where there was a few utd.
            Sickening that was

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
              Yeah that goal sent us down.
              Definitely the most angry ive ever been following rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Yeah that goal sent us down.
                Definitely the most angry ive ever been following rangers.
                I lost my QPR Celtic half n half hat from The 82 final on that game with bet that we would stay up with a mate who supported Manure
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Losing 3-0 to AEK Athens away after winning the first leg 3-0 at home and then going out on penalties when Dave Webb missed.

A "friendly" local advised us to get out quick if we won the shoot out as we would get the (he signaled the knife across the throat) treatment!

The home fans went bonkers, getting on our coach and laughing and it was chaos trying to get the coaches away as the traffic was at a standstill outside the stadium because of the celebrations
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                  X