• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      Every match with #drossballjimmy in charge
      This. LOL. Phil Parkes being sold. And Allen and Goddard. But, most of all, I hated the plastic pitch.

Comment

When I was 13 or 14, I dragged my Fulham mate to come watch us. I had some racist behind throwing stuff at me throughout the match, I just ignored it.

Not even him could stop me from loving my team.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          When I was 13 or 14, I dragged my Fulham mate to come watch us. I had some racist behind throwing stuff at me throughout the match, I just ignored it.

Not even him could stop me from loving my team.
          What , i fellow Rangers fan ? Thats a bit sad..
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Easily Oxford in 86 for me ,awful day ,followed by the playoff final ,as Ginger said that was a long coach journey back , getting more and more hungover the close we got back to London

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              Oxford milk cup final

QPR v Crystal Palce Quarter final turned up found out my ticket was fake. Gutted kid I was that day.

Crystal Palace away when the ultras stormed the train hitting women and children ..not good
              When did Palace attack a train of Rangers families mate ? i didnt know that happened

Comment

it was the same year that we beat them at home about 5-0 to stay up and we all ran on the pitch and the horses came on

They came pouring into the station as the train was standing and were pulling people off the train and attacking them

A Firm of around 50 ish that's why I hate them so much.

Comment

Oxford is wiped from my memory.
                  Worse has to be Cardiff P.O. Final.
                  The way their scummy fans acted afterwards, you would of thought they had lost.
                  RE: Palace away. That was their fans usual tactics. Caught them by surprise one season by getting off the train a couple of stops before, we had some Arsenal fans with us (can't remember why), it certainly got a bit messy.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    All those figures are way out, the record is for one club selling tickets that were officially allocated.
                    I was at both wembley finals v spurs, the first game we had the whole upper terrace behind goal although there was the odd scuffle with a few random spurs, was pretty much all spurs down the front terrace, we had a few thousand in the seats too.

The replay was a different story, spurs were everywhere and quite a few outbursts of trouble in Upper section behind goal where our bulk support was, spurs had alot more than us but not bought officially from their club.
                    I have a memory of the Sunday after the oxford final when I got dragged to wembley market, I agreed to go but said to my good lady I will take the dog for a walk round the outside of the staduim while she went round market with her sister, whilst walking round I noticed one if the exit doors didn't look tight shut, you know the push bar to exit type doors, I pulled the edge of the door sticking out and went up the stairs and found myself in the stand with wooden seats, I sat there with my dog watching a guy cut the grass, I was thinking of all the finals I'd watched on tv as a kid ( I had erased the Oxford game!) I sat there for half an hour, pity no camera phones then as would have had some great pics
                    i was at both 82 finals , if u attended QPR v leyton orient in a midweek league game u got a little ticket that enabled you to buy a wembley ticket for the final , fans were leaving and paying in twice , even 3 times so they would get the ticket and earn themselves some money . i'd pulled this new bird i'd fancied for ages so didn't go to the game . the club then made you enter a postal ballot to try and get a ticket i didn't get one . my big brother and my dad bless them got me a ticket from a tout they paid 5 times the face value . we all drank( c mob ) in the bush on the friday night then went back to RC's flat , in the morning we met at the smuts and walked to wembley , my favourite story is when a beer lorry got stuck in the middle of us , lloyd sylvester RIP climbed on to the lorry and passed down every crate of lager to the hundreds of fans . that day at wembley we had the same amount of fans as spurs as you got the same allocation and others went to all clubs , churches ,youth clubs etc , on the replay the following thursday we got a lot more tickets but sent some back which i believe spurs took up , i took my camera to the first game so have some fantastic memories

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      i was at both 82 finals , if u attended QPR v leyton orient in a midweek league game u got a little ticket that enabled you to buy a wembley ticket for the final , fans were leaving and paying in twice , even 3 times so they would get the ticket and earn themselves some money . i'd pulled this new bird i'd fancied for ages so didn't go to the game . the club then made you enter a postal ballot to try and get a ticket i didn't get one . my big brother and my dad bless them got me a ticket from a tout they paid 5 times the face value . we all drank( c mob ) in the bush on the friday night then went back to RC's flat , in the morning we met at the smuts and walked to wembley , my favourite story is when a beer lorry got stuck in the middle of us , lloyd sylvester RIP climbed on to the lorry and passed down every crate of lager to the hundreds of fans . that day at wembley we had the same amount of fans as spurs as you got the same allocation and others went to all clubs , churches ,youth clubs etc , on the replay the following thursday we got a lot more tickets but sent some back which i believe spurs took up , i took my camera to the first game so have some fantastic memories
                      The cup final was a BIG BIG deal back then, totally devalued now which is heartbreaking.

Comment

it was the same year that we beat them at home about 5-0 to stay up and we all ran on the pitch and the horses came on

They came pouring into the station as the train was standing and were pulling people off the train and attacking them

A Firm of around 50 ish that's why I hate them so much.
                        What station mate ?, only reason i`m interested is i know Palace chaps ,( not ultras )and this incident has never come up in conversation before . Sounds like a case of bullying and that isn`t really their style usually.

Comment

Hi Vespa

This was nearly 30 years ago but they were literally opening the doors of the train pulling people out and kicking the shite out of them they had a fairly mean firm on that day I presume the station was selhurst but I really can't remember
                          They also had a shopping centre behind one of their goals that we usedtptakethepiss out of
                          This was the years of dressers fila tracksuits ..Louis jeans and kickers mate lol they were mad though

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Norwich.
                            My whole chidhood destoyed by one game and Norwich playing with the intensity and desire to win like a club would in a champions league final.
                            Oxford second. More embarrasing thsn heart breaking
                            hard to find two more gut-wrenching results. Got to agree with you here Kev
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Parkes being sold ....my dad came in from work and told me. I was playing snooker on a 8 foot x 3 foot table and I whacked the ball so hard it looped up and hit our patio glass leaving a bullet hole style mark. Have contained my emotions since that day......the other time was listening to Wolves v Liverpool and being 13 mins from history, I did cry that night as a 10 year old would, was gutted.

Comment

Hi Vespa

This was nearly 30 years ago but they were literally opening the doors of the train pulling people out and kicking the shite out of them they had a fairly mean firm on that day I presume the station was selhurst but I really can't remember
                                They also had a shopping centre behind one of their goals that we usedtptakethepiss out of
                                This was the years of dressers fila tracksuits ..Louis jeans and kickers mate lol they were mad though
                                they were all hiding when millwall took their end every season , palace are scum a few years back now i took my kids we were walking back to the station and i saw about about 7 or 8 of them do a rangers fan from behind he was only about 15 he had a rangers top on with ' hazzer' or something on the back my boys were around 7 and 8 so i couldn't really get involved , what me upset was palace fans grown men stood there and did nothing , if i saw that at LR i'd try to stop a kid being beaten up

Comment

Working...
                                X