Your worst QPR experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwich.
    My whole chidhood destoyed by one game and Norwich playing with the intensity and desire to win like a club would in a champions league final.
    Oxford second. More embarrasing thsn heart breaking

Comment

Ah Norwich, yes, a dreadful day, us in a corner part of the terrace designed for 3,000, with 5,000 of us packed in to it, a hot day as well.

When we came out after losing to the ref, the mouthy carrot crunchers giving it large, they legged it big time.

The coach trip back via a East London police station was a lowlight.

Halcyon days.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
        Losing to Villa at Highbury and Oxford at Wembley, both in the League Cup and both 3-0 defeats.
        was at highbury as a schoolboy brian little hatrick

Comment

Oxford at Wembley for me.
          Given I'm usually a pessimistic bugger I surprisingly expected us to win that one.
          Absolutely torturous 90 minutes where we just didn't show up.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

Wasn't at Norwich but that would definitely go down as the worst experience ever if I was.
            The biggest achievement in our clubs history bar none up the swanny and something we're very unlikely to get close to achieving ever again, imo.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Oxford wembley 86, record number of tickets sold to one club for a wembley final (record still stands and doubt will be beaten now with smaller wembley capacity) losing the Way we did was embarrassing.

Villa at Highbury in late 70's, hated Brian little ever since.

They are the main 2, also some obscure ones stick in the memory, Ipswich at home in league cup and getting done 5-1 at Southampton first game of season 1986 on seamans debut I think

Comment

Every match with #drossballjimmy in charge
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                  Oxford wembley 86, record number of tickets sold to one club for a wembley final (record still stands and doubt will be beaten now with smaller wembley capacity) losing the Way we did was embarrassing.

Villa at Highbury in late 70's, hated Brian little ever since.

They are the main 2, also some obscure ones stick in the memory, Ipswich at home in league cup and getting done 5-1 at Southampton first game of season 1986 on seamans debut I think
                  According to QPRLSA forum, 62,300, Spurs must have pushed that figure close for the 82 replay.

http://www.qprlsa.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9674
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The day they sold Paul Goodard was also a sad for me.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Losing to Cardiff I the playoff final was heartbreaking, I was only about 11 but remember being devastated.

Also agree with OP; that humiliation by Brentford last year was really hard to take, especially as I know quite a few Brentford fans who gave it to me royally.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not the worst but certainly up there was MK Dons away in the cup where we scraped a 1-1 draw.

For me it was the day I knew Neil Warnock had gone as far as he could with us but never imagined how the soul would be ripped out of our club by the absolute karnts that would walk through the door after him.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                          According to QPRLSA forum, 62,300, Spurs must have pushed that figure close for the 82 replay.

http://www.qprlsa.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9674
                          All those figures are way out, the record is for one club selling tickets that were officially allocated.
                          I was at both wembley finals v spurs, the first game we had the whole upper terrace behind goal although there was the odd scuffle with a few random spurs, was pretty much all spurs down the front terrace, we had a few thousand in the seats too.

The replay was a different story, spurs were everywhere and quite a few outbursts of trouble in Upper section behind goal where our bulk support was, spurs had alot more than us but not bought officially from their club.
                          I have a memory of the Sunday after the oxford final when I got dragged to wembley market, I agreed to go but said to my good lady I will take the dog for a walk round the outside of the staduim while she went round market with her sister, whilst walking round I noticed one if the exit doors didn't look tight shut, you know the push bar to exit type doors, I pulled the edge of the door sticking out and went up the stairs and found myself in the stand with wooden seats, I sat there with my dog watching a guy cut the grass, I was thinking of all the finals I'd watched on tv as a kid ( I had erased the Oxford game!) I sat there for half an hour, pity no camera phones then as would have had some great pics

Comment

Wembley '86 for me. Although looking on here at the needless and repetitive, doom and gloom, moaning for the sake of it during the close season wasn't a pleasant experience for anybody I shouldn't think.

Comment

Cardiff playoff final. I was devastated and had to endure the longest coach ride in history after that.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Oxford Obviously the most disappointing...but Vauxhall motors...Belgrade away..any time we play at Carrow road (as my brother is a Norwich Fan!)

but one other game i think it was a midweek match vs Stockport /bury or some such team during Ray Harfords reign 98/99

i rushed to get to the game in the pouring rain only to arrive to hear the spine of the team was Ruddock in CD, Vinnie Jones in CM, and Iain Dowie as CF ...the most Un rangers team i ever saw. 0-0 I don't think the Ball touched the grass all night!

Comment

Working...
                                X