How Jim Smith brought the 3-5-2 to Queen's Park Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Jim Smith brought the 3-5-2 to Queen's Park Rangers

Article is a few years old but just came across it recently.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articl...and-modern-way

Do you fit players to a system or a system to the players?

Play to your strengths I say. 4-4-2. Most basic for the most basic of what's at our disposal.

Comment

Against Norwich, We played 3-5-2 with relatively success before Pawel was injured, didnt we? I`m not sure..

Thanks for the article. It was a great read!
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Against Norwich, We played 3-5-2 with relatively success before Pawel was injured, didnt we? I`m not sure..

Thanks for the article. It was a great read!
        So only 29 minutes of playing well ?

Comment

We try to play it with an extra defensive mid rather than a sweeper though.

Comment

bit early to call out the 352 that we play atm (not that anyone is) but i have been impressed so far with how we've played in our 4 games. we get caught out a bit too much on the wings though but in the same breath we also dont take our chances as well as we could. defo been playing some lovely stuff though!!

i did read though that ollie may choose lualua to play right wing back which i hope not, would much rather furlong get given the nod in pavs absence

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              bit early to call out the 352 that we play atm (not that anyone is) but i have been impressed so far with how we've played in our 4 games. we get caught out a bit too much on the wings though but in the same breath we also dont take our chances as well as we could. defo been playing some lovely stuff though!!

i did read though that ollie may choose lualua to play right wing back which i hope not, would much rather furlong get given the nod in pavs absence

not to early at all. we played that formation last season too. remember blackburn in the fa cup, we were murdered from the wings. they kept getting in behind us for fun.

I dont like this formation one bit.

as long as we can avarage 4 points from every 3 games we will be safe come seasons end so, have to be content with that.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                not to early at all. we played that formation last season too. remember blackburn in the fa cup, we were murdered from the wings. they kept getting in behind us for fun.

I dont like this formation one bit.

as long as we can avarage 4 points from every 3 games we will be safe come seasons end so, have to be content with that.
                mate, if we had ronaldo and messi up front it still wouldnt help us in the fa cup.

i just think its too early days to call the formation bad as we've also looked good in all of our matches, we're getting in there we just gotta be more efficent in front of net.
                i am worried about the defence though which we shouldnt be as we have a defensive coach

Comment

3 at the back worked for our first 2/3 games. Wzsolek is a big part of that. Proper wing back gets up and down well. I think we'll stick with it winning/drawing every other game
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

At this level you pick a system to accommodate the players, cut according to your cloth.

I am not a fan of wing backs, I think you end up compromising too many options, but if it works best for our lot then fair enough.

There has to be a coherent plan B though.

Comment

Working...
                    X