• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Time for Baptiste.
    Definitely time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
      What do you think people do through the summer we don't sit around writing on WATRB and for your information I have commented on here during the summer not much though, And I have also made comments since the beginning of the season, I have also said I would see how we are doing after 10 games all I did last night was complain about last night was the defending, if you are happy with that sort of defending then we are in for a long hard season.
      Look at the facts so far this season we could not score when Reading went down to 10 men only from the pen that the guy got sent off for, against Northampton we could not score when they went down to 10 men and we struggled to score in the last couple of games if your happy with that it's your choice I'm Not, if the team play well and win I will say well done obviously you haven't noticed that you only notice the other posts I do, some of us just don't come on here and moan all the type we just post on what we see and don't wear blinkers as some of you do, I will keep on posting giving my opinion giving praise when it's due and giving my opinion when we lose.
      Well said.
      I had also noted that they couldn't score against 10 men and told this to my brothers, I just didn't comment on here about that as I didn't want to be seen as a moaner even when QPR win.

I know this squad is limited and doesn't possess goalscorers, but the defending can and must be improved.

As said earlier in this thread, I wasn't expecting anything from last night but a defeat, so was not disappointed by the result itself, just the awful defending for both goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Lynch was slow to react for the first and we'd already stood off the player playing Oliveiria in but not sure how much you can blame that 2nd goal on defensive calamities.....9 times out of 10 a shot like that ends up in some blokes face in the crowd !
        The shot was good but the point is he carried the ball from the halfway line and no one closed him down or challenged him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I'd still take a draw on Saturday to be honest.
          So would I, especially if Sylla and Wyzsolek are not playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post
            We were really good in the first half I thought.

Stared slow in the second (which led to their goal) but we responded pretty well and created a few goal scoring opportunities, but after we continued to fail to find the back of the net we seemed to fall apart, get in the wrong headspace and make errors that we hadn't so far this season.

Best example of this was there second goal. Literally no one challenged the man with the ball so he had all the time in the world for his shot.

Main cause for concern was that we seemed to completely change when we were behind on the scoreboard for the first time. Seems that if we're leading or level we play great, but when we're behind for a bit we seem to become disjointed. Hopefully it was just a glitch.
            Thanks mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              The shot was good but the point is he carried the ball from the halfway line and no one closed him down or challenged him.
              Wasnt the halfway line and he got the ball in acres of space, which begs the actual point of where were the 5 midfielders?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                Well said.
                I had also noted that they couldn't score against 10 men and told this to my brothers, I just didn't comment on here about that as I didn't want to be seen as a moaner even when QPR win.

I know this squad is limited and doesn't possess goalscorers, but the defending can and must be improved.

As said earlier in this thread, I wasn't expecting anything from last night but a defeat, so was not disappointed by the result itself, just the awful defending for both goals.
                Let's hope the manager addresses the problem.
                Last edited by Macca; 18-08-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                  I didn't say anything about our midfielders being responsible for pushing their wide men out wide, although they may have to depending on the situation.
                  My point was based on their second goal.
                  If their player picks the ball up in midfield and runs at our defence he should be tracked by one of our midfielders, end of.
                  If they can get a decent tackle in then fine, otherwise show him the touchline or as a lady resort foul the €unt before he gets within 35 yards of goal. simples.
                  Ask any centre back his pet hate and it's nearly always having a player dribbling the ball at him with momentum/pace.
                  One of the main midfielders jobs, or at least the defensively minded ones, is to try and prevent that situation developing.
                  Sort of gone off on individual tangents here in relation to defending.

Your words in your post were, ''Our midfield should be getting a tackle in or at least pushing the player out wide'', what is this if not saying that our midfielders bare some responsibility for pushing the other team's wide men outside? It's the full backs job to firstly push the wingers outside, get tight and secondly stop the cross.

There's not really a point to be had on their second goal, the fella's hit it from 25 yards out into the top bins, and there are going to be time's in any match where players are going to pick the ball up and have space to run - it's the championship not the champions league. Most of the time they won't hit it in the top bins from that far out... If you want to be critical about an individual goal, I'd pick the first one all day because we concede many like it.

My point is based on after the midfield and our defending, whether it be around the box from the centre halves getting tight and tracking runners or the full backs standing far too far off wide players, allowing them to cross. There's a balance between being tight and being too tight to a winger to stop a cross or run - our fulls backs don't seem to ever get anywhere near tight either way - always a yard off. Too many crosses are allowed into our box each week and it's because our defenders can't defend.
                  Last edited by West London is Rss; 18-08-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    There's not really a point to be had on their second goal, the fella's hit it from 25 yards out into the top bins, and there are going to be time's in any match where players are going to pick the ball up and have space to run - it's the championship not the champions league. Most of the time they won't hit it in the top bins from that far out... If you want to be critical about an individual goal, I'd pick the first one all day because we concede many like it.
                    This is bang on. Hard to complain about a screamer like that. Thought the same when Tom Lawrence laced one in last season at Loftus Road.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Sort of gone off on individual tangents here in relation to defending.

Your words in your post were, ''Our midfield should be getting a tackle in or at least pushing the player out wide'', what is this if not saying that our midfielders bare some responsibility for pushing the other team's wide men outside? It's the full backs job to firstly push the wingers outside, get tight and secondly stop the cross.

My point is based on after the midfield and our defending, whether it be around the box from the centre halves getting tight and tracking runners or the full backs standing far too far off wide players, allowing them to cross. There's a balance between being tight and being too tight to a winger to stop a cross or run - our fulls backs don't seem to ever get anywhere near tight either way - always a yard off. Too many crosses are allowed into our box each week and it's because our defenders can't defend.
                      You need to read my original post again.
                      I didn't say anything about our midfielders being responsible for pushing their wide men out wide.
                      The bloke who scored their second goal is a central midfielder, he should have been dealt with before he got within shooting distance of goal, imo by one of our midfielders.
                      If you disagree that's up to you.
                      As mentioned by others on here , it was a stunning strike, but he should never have been allowed the time and space to get that shot off.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

• http://carrowroad.net/index.php?post...qpr-supporters

Narwich mug banned for abusing us

Comment

Working...
                        X