Match Thread: Norwich v QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Some of us Rodneys are season ticket holders and go to Saturday away games that have stretched fro Scunthorpe to Torquay over a period of over 60 years .Have seen games in the 3rd division south not just the championship. So see the odd game? Maybe the odd thousand games.
    Watching us for 60years you deserve a medal mate plus you have my sympathies

Comment

• Thought we were pretty terrible in the final 3rd last night. This combined with the usual defensive calamities left us losing 2-0, and it was probably a fair result in my opinion.

Injuries didn't help. I always worry when we start tinkering with formations during the game, but with Pawel going off, I understand why Ollie did it.

I think we need to sign a decent, vocal centre half if we want to get anything out of this season......or maybe just get Caulker and Hall fit enough to play.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 17-08-2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        My word, we don't half have some Rodney's on here. My tip for the day = get to the odd game rather than ranting on social media, accept the reality of Championship football, realise the reasons why the formation changes, sometimes due to injury rather than the manager just being a twart, and stop just moaning for the sake of moaning. It is really boring, not remotely constructive and smells totally of spoilt brat syndrome
        Bang on

Comment

• Missed the game but saw the result. How were we? Was there any cause for concern? Ta

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
            Missed the game but saw the result. How were we? Was there any cause for concern? Ta
            We were really good in the first half I thought.

Stared slow in the second (which led to their goal) but we responded pretty well and created a few goal scoring opportunities, but after we continued to fail to find the back of the net we seemed to fall apart, get in the wrong headspace and make errors that we hadn't so far this season.

Best example of this was there second goal. Literally no one challenged the man with the ball so he had all the time in the world for his shot.

Main cause for concern was that we seemed to completely change when we were behind on the scoreboard for the first time. Seems that if we're leading or level we play great, but when we're behind for a bit we seem to become disjointed. Hopefully it was just a glitch.
            Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              What the fark you on about now? I haven't had a go at Holloway? You just can't wait to have a dig.
              Calm down stanis it was to youre comment we`ve heard it all before! i think thats the other way round from youre post above about how we cant score, how many goals have we scored in the first couple of games, i cant remember how many have come from midfield or not but we`ve just played our 3rd game ffs, also something you tend to like noting if we`ve done well that the opposition had 3 players out, how many did we have out last night, yeni, sylla, hall, cant really say shodipo but will be a big player hopefully for us, again caulker but cant say bout him, pav got injured, sure theres more, but how about a mention of that like when we last won about saying they had 3 out!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• I really hope Pawel`s injury is not too serious.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  I really hope Pawel`s injury is not too serious.
                  Looked like a hamstring, didn't it?

Comment

• Expected result IMO so personally I'm not shocked by it.

A four game unbeaten run would of risen the unrealistic expectation levels a little too high for some on here!

Comment

• Additionally the back 3 really do worry me, very frail, and poor positionally far too often. Slightly disappointed we haven't strengthened this area in the transfer window especially after the goals we shed at the back last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Expected result IMO so personally I'm not shocked by it.

A four game unbeaten run would of risen the unrealistic expectation levels a little too high for some on here!
                        Good point. Obviously gutted to lose last night but if someone said after 3 games we would be on 4 points I would have been happy so I still am. Of course if we now proceed to lose the next 2 or 3 (and this forum will be fun then) I will be concerned but so far so good for me as realistically I'm hoping for mid table with a very outside chance of doing a Huddersfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Thought we were pretty terrible in the final 3rd last night. This combined with the usual defensive calamities left us losing 2-0, and it was probably a fair result in my opinion.
                          Lynch was slow to react for the first and we'd already stood off the player playing Oliveiria in but not sure how much you can blame that 2nd goal on defensive calamities.....9 times out of 10 a shot like that ends up in some blokes face in the crowd !

Comment

• Standing off defenders in our final third allowing them to play or cross has been an annoyance of mine for a couple of seasons now! The whole defensive line are guilty of it... rather than hustling and bustling, we seem intent on letting players get the ball out of their feet and cross or play in our final third. I'm not sure whether it's laziness or whether our defenders just don't know what to do.

We let in so many goals being lackluster at the back and it really grinds me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Looked like a hamstring, didn't it?
                              Yepp!
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                rather than hustling and bustling, we seem intent on letting players get the ball out of their feet and cross or play in our final third.
                                Last few seasons thats happened due to a powderpuff midfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X