Match Thread: Norwich v QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    I think we will have a better idea of how this season will go after Saturday game,each time we won a few and then lost a game in the last few months of last season we went on a 6 match losing run,so bounce back and win on Saturday will show we have improved on last season,lose again would give a different picture
    I'd still take a draw on Saturday to be honest.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I'd still take a draw on Saturday to be honest.
      I think we need to win our home games.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Standing off defenders in our final third allowing them to play or cross has been an annoyance of mine for a couple of seasons now! The whole defensive line are guilty of it... rather than hustling and bustling, we seem intent on letting players get the ball out of their feet and cross or play in our final third. I'm not sure whether it's laziness or whether our defenders just don't know what to do.

We let in so many goals being lackluster at the back and it really grinds me.
        I agree west too and always annoys me as seeing any mistakes does but i think it just boils down to switching off for the splittest of times in a 90 minute match we know they shouldnt of done and no doubt they know they shouldnt of done, but maybe thats the difference between the championship quality football and the prem! but i agree with you.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Ollie seems aware of it listening to his post match comments so hopefully he'll address it.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Ollie seems aware of it listening to his post match comments so hopefully he'll address it.
            I/he was a midfielder so he`ll know all about the closing down buisness tbh

Comment

• We are going to struggle unless we get a striker in before long we are just not taking anywhere near enough of the chances !! How long will the good football wer'e playing last ? As long as it will take for the players to lose heart and have their spirit dented if we don't start to score enough goals to get points ! This is something the board can't ignore
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 17-08-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• The takeaways from yesterday's match. (1) We are already better than last season -- more pace, more midfield control, more chances to score; (2) Mackie and Washington are all out hustlers, but neither has a real scorers touch within the box; will need a midfielder or two who can provide that; (3) Love Freeman and Scowen, and Pawel when healthy, but don't expect them to put a lot of goals on the board; ergo, we need a scoring midfielder who's not yet on the roster; (4) The defense is adequate at best, especially on the wings -- Perch is aging and unable to keep pace with speedy offenders; Furlong has seemingly stopped improving despite increased opportunities, and Bidwell (though he had a decent game yesterday) can't cross or score if his life/career depended on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  I think we need to win our home games.
                  Yeah but we aren't gonna win them all, and realistically a draw v Hull is a good result.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• It's not beyond the realms of sanity to say we could be 7 goals better off but all our good approach will soon come to nothing once opposing realise their best option is to let us play knowing there isn't a great risk we will put our chances away regularly enough so they can hit us on the break

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Yeah but we aren't gonna win them all, and realistically a draw v Hull is a good result.
                      I fancy us to beat hull at home, aslong as our injuries arent too bad, but a worry if pavs out, key man & we need sylla back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        I fancy us to beat hull at home, aslong as our injuries arent too bad, but a worry if pavs out, key man & we need sylla back!
                        Helps that Hernandez is out but still a decent side.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                          The takeaways from yesterday's match. (1) We are already better than last season -- more pace, more midfield control, more chances to score; (2) Mackie and Washington are all out hustlers, but neither has a real scorers touch within the box; will need a midfielder or two who can provide that; (3) Love Freeman and Scowen, and Pawel when healthy, but don't expect them to put a lot of goals on the board; ergo, we need a scoring midfielder who's not yet on the roster; (4) The defense is adequate at best, especially on the wings -- Perch is aging and unable to keep pace with speedy offenders; Furlong has seemingly stopped improving despite increased opportunities, and Bidwell (though he had a decent game yesterday) can't cross or score if his life/career depended on it.
                          Woah Woah Woah, calm down there lad! It's early days! We won our first two league games last season home & away scoring 5 and conceding 0, and look how that turned out...

Comment

• Think we controlled the game until Wzsolek got injured. LuaLua played out of position was a total waste of space. Furlong and Smith likewise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              Think we controlled the game until Wzsolek got injured. LuaLua played out of position was a total waste of space. Furlong and Smith likewise.
                              It was an odd sub with hindsight. Could have brought on either Furlong or Manning and gone like for like. Doubt Lua Lua has ever played wing back before, and I actually got really confused as to what we were trying to do in terms of a formation from then onwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                                I think we will have a better idea of how this season will go after Saturday game,each time we won a few and then lost a game in the last few months of last season we went on a 6 match losing run,so bounce back and win on Saturday will show we have improved on last season,lose again would give a different picture
                                I think that is a very good point, although knowing Rangers we will play really well and lose and we still won't have any idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X