Hughes - the ultimate banker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Completely sums up that period in our history and for Hughes to treat Hill, a player who put his heart and soul into playing for our club, after being written off like that, is basically inexcusable. I have always been uneasy with Hughes, brilliant player but as a Manager zero personality. Found it difficult to get excited when he was appointed but at the same time thought it was a sensible appointment by TF and could only see us stabilizing in the Prem. Obviously none of us know what has gone on behind the scenes but i watched Clint Hill and have met him on a few occasions and he comes across as a really really decent person and extremely committed footballer, who I would welcome back to The Superhoops at any time.....Hughes however i cant wait for when we come head to head again now !
    Completely agree with all of this, wasn't ecstatic when TF brought in Hughes but thought it was a shrewd appointment that would massively boost our chances of PL stability. As a person though, never had any time for him. 0 personality and just a general kn0b.

Clint Hill though, what a guy. Always comes across so well and thoroughly enjoyed hearing him on the podcast again. Would love to see him back at the club in some capacity in the future!
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Would like to see this get some coverage in the main media rather than just West London media, just to show Hughes up for the #### he clearly is.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Karnt. Hope he catches his foreskin in his zip.
        brilliant

Comment

Tells you everything you need to know about the man, what a tool

I'm sure I heard that he was unapproachable to the players whilst here, they had to speak to mark Bowen first apparently

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Karnt. Hope he catches his foreskin in his zip.
            Still laughing at that 5 minutes after i read it.

Comment

Hughes was and still is a complete fanny, thinks he is something special. Always irked me during his time with us and especially in the transfer window. Clint is and was 10 times the man hughes will ever be.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                Made me laugh too Matty but come on Ginge, when has it ever tickled when that happens - hopefully it proper hurts, makes him bleed, turns septic and drops off
                Oh one of the most painful things in history man, equally hope it happens to Clueless many times.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

So happy Macca gave him those stitches. Absolutely vile man.

Comment

always been a bit of an idiot. dont think hes a bad manager though, hes always done well whenever hes not had money like at blackburn, fulham and to some degree stoke

Comment

I remember TF painting one of his planes in QPR livery with a giant mural of Hughes on the inside.......... poor old Tone must have felt a right plumb a few months later.

Comment

I met Hughes when he played for Man Utd after 1 too many shandies and the man is a total ########. Do not like him or rate him in any shape or form. Not suprised by this his behaviour as sums him up well. ######

Comment

Working...
                        X