Manning/Robinson, Caulker/Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    And I don't think anyone could blame you mate, he's always got a clanger in him. Overall though, apart from the clangers against Reading and Wednesday, he's looked pretty solid imo. I wouldn't drop him just yet.
    Agree. As long as Hall is out, Caulker only just back, and John B probably not quite settled in yet.
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      that back three screams shipping goals
      Perch, Ned, Lynch doesn´t exactly give me a hard on either West, but fair play for only shipping one so far.
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Same 11 for me. Been quite impressed so far

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
          For some reason he has some personal agenda going with Conor. I don´t understand why, but he hates him with an irrational passion, that´s not explainable my stats alone, IMO.
          Yep he's great man for his stats , but every good striker isn't afraid of missing chances and he's missed a few but it's pleasing he's getting positions to take his chances

Comment

If Ned is dropped with the other centre backs at our disposal we will concede more goals than we would with Ned as he is far quicker on the turn and generally than all the other

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Nasser you're quite the fan of the Chief aren't you?

That being said even by your standards it's a bit rich somehow linking/bringing Washington into this debate... inevitable but rich. Extremely odd in fact.
              I'm not bringing him alone into it, I'm finding it hilarious that everyone is calling out Ned for making a mistake a game when we have players who miss an easy chance a game, be it Washington or Lua Lua or anyone really. Both are of equivalence, yet no one is calling them out as much as they are ned.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                If Ned is dropped with the other centre backs at our disposal we will concede more goals than we would with Ned as he is far quicker on the turn and generally than all the other
                Fair point you make. Ned is rapid.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  For some reason he has some personal agenda going with Conor. I don´t understand why, but he hates him with an irrational passion, that´s not explainable my stats alone, IMO.
                  Hates him? Not in the slightest, I just don't think he's that good. Do I need to repost the miss? He's done that time and time again and we can all say at least he's getting into positions but that doesn't win games. Finishing does. Maybe it's the fact that we've gone from having Cisse, Remy and Austin in the space of 4 years to then having Conor Washington, but we should be scoring more than we are given the chances we create and if we did, we wouldn't have issues with these defensive errors. In any case, any more talk on him should be on a different thread, this is about Ned.

Mistake was made by Ned, not defending it, just saying that it happens, he's weak on his left, ball was played behind him and he couldn't get to it, simple, error, same as Lynch moving away from his man to cover a player that ned's entire body was already blocking, albeit to a lesser extent.

Aside from that though, he's been rock solid and still deserves his spot. I was just making the point that if we're talking about things that stop us winning matches, defensive errors are equal to attackers missing guilt-edge chances, but they aren't treated as such for whatever reason.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Hates him? Not in the slightest, I just don't think he's that good. Do I need to repost the miss? He's done that time and time again and we can all say at least he's getting into positions but that doesn't win games. Finishing does. Maybe it's the fact that we've gone from having Cisse, Remy and Austin in the space of 4 years to then having Conor Washington, but we should be scoring more than we are given the chances we create and if we did, we wouldn't have issues with these defensive errors. In any case, any more talk on him should be on a different thread, this is about Ned.

Mistake was made by Ned, not defending it, just saying that it happens, he's weak on his left, ball was played behind him and he couldn't get to it, simple, error, same as Lynch moving away from his man to cover a player that ned's entire body was already blocking, albeit to a lesser extent.

Aside from that though, he's been rock solid and still deserves his spot. I was just making the point that if we're talking about things that stop us winning matches, defensive errors are equal to attackers missing guilt-edge chances, but they aren't treated as such for whatever reason.
                    This is a bit naive mate. You saying you would've shown Les Ferdinand the door?Cos he was pony when he first started out for Rangers. Only when he came back from Turkey did he excel.

Not putting Wash in the same bracket as Les obviously, but the kid can score goals, give him a chance.

Comment

thing about conor this season is he's being played the way he wants to be played and tbh we can already see that its paying off. sure, he's only scored 1 goal from open play so far out of 7-8 chances but it's positives, sure, he's not put some away that he should have but all strikers do that on occasion and imo conor has it in him to become a 20 goal a season striker at this level. he always looks a right handful and gets into positions to score and eventually something in him will click and he'll be putting more in consistently and even now without scoring much he's one of our key attacking players.
                      he's got the right players around him too and as people keep saying, we need to choose a starting 11 and stick with it.

Comment

As Banno once said when explaining a previous drought, that he was hitting the ball too well. I am not defending anyone but maybe a few scuffs going in might sort him out.

Comment

Only shipped one so far, against tough opposition too.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Only shipped one so far, against tough opposition too.
                            That why I would not change to Baptise caulker and Lynch which was suggestion

I like Ned but he has made a mistake a game that can't be argued. I'm hoping he's learnt harsh lesson and going forwards he just keeps it simple and lumps it rather that then him trying be something he's not. He's in my view old school CB who clears his lines he's no Rio so don't even try. There is only currently one CB I would select in front of him and that's hesitant Hall who is made of glass.

Talking of Hall think read on LFW or twitter he's apparently out for season anyone else heard that??

Comment

That why I would not change to Baptise caulker and Lynch which was suggestion

I like Ned but he has made a mistake a game that can't be argued. I'm hoping he's learnt harsh lesson and going forwards he just keeps it simple and lumps it rather that then him trying be something he's not. He's in my view old school CB who clears his lines he's no Rio so don't even try. There is only currently one CB I would select in front of him and that's hesitant Hall who is made of glass.

Talking of Hall think read on LFW or twitter he's apparently out for season anyone else heard that??
                              Ah fair play, I thought you were talking about Ned/Perch/Lynch. I hope that's not true about Hall, tendonitis is a pretty nasty problem though.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Does it? As opposed to the ever solid Perch and Onuoha? You can point to facts and figures of so far this season but this goes way beyond this season with those two.
                                Last edited by West London is Rss; 15-08-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X