No announcement yet.

Manning/Robinson, Caulker/Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Ned really be blamed for not reaching that cross ??

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
      I would say most defenders are at this level (that's why they're playing at this level).
      I agree. Personally, I don't really blame Ned too much for missing that ball yesterday - it was played behind him onto his weaker foot and he was off balance. Been there and done that. I also don't see anyone blaming Lynch who was tracking Winnall but then left him unmarked and in acres of space.

I don't think dropping Ned for a similar standard player is the answer, especially when he has been performing very well otherwise. We've played 3 games and conceded 1 goal so far. It's a bit premature to start calling for changes already IMO.
      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

I looked at Lynch but think it's harsh to give him blame he covered the first threat and ball went second man it happens. Where was Bidwell??

Comment

Good question and that just adds to the argument that it's a bit harsh to lay all the blame on Ned.

Ollie just said that we dropped too deep and that's probably a fairer criticism frankly.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Can Ned really be blamed for not reaching that cross ??

Yes
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              Good question and that just adds to the argument that it's a bit harsh to lay all the blame on Ned.

Ollie just said that we dropped too deep and that's probably a fairer criticism frankly.
              There's a level of blame for Ned but it's not something that deserves the assault he gets, especially when Lynch should have had his own man covered and left him open.

I notice people call out defenders for mistakes but then strikers who miss big chances don't get nearly as much blame, a la Lua Lua this week and washington first week. Both sides of it are equally responsible for a change in the score and yet defenders always get it a lot worse (unless they're Hall in which case most people ignore their mistakes)
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

2 or 3 years ago i stuck in this little car park in bristol . i'd been their over an hour . was standing outside my motor with my boy , along comes ned with 2 birds . i told him you're doing alright , he mumbled something to himself and walked on , nothing to do with his clangers i know
                Last edited by 72bus; 14-08-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  There's a level of blame for Ned but it's not something that deserves the assault he gets, especially when Lynch should have had his own man covered and left him open.

I notice people call out defenders for mistakes but then strikers who miss big chances don't get nearly as much blame, a la Lua Lua this week and washington first week. Both sides of it are equally responsible for a change in the score and yet defenders always get it a lot worse (unless they're Hall in which case most people ignore their mistakes)
                  Agree

Lua Lua to not even hit the target is shameful but that's gone under the radar

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Agree

For me ned plays even with mistakes. Bottom line is in football one mistake invariably leads to another and so on. Same way that a forward don't track back etc it's called human error if bed was a robot you'd want him burnt at the stake!

Comment

Agree

At least he hit the ball
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Agree

I still don't even think that was as bad as Washington's last week, not trying to single him out, but missing the way he did was ludicrous

42 seconds in is the miss, but even before that, Freeman's miss was pretty awful. I'd categorise those as mistakes just as bad as a centre back mistake leading to an opposition chance because they affect the game the same way.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agree

He didn't miss the ball though did he?

I'm not one for calling out players when they make mistakes as it helps no-one but a professional footballer taking an air-shot like that is very very poor.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            He didn't miss the ball though did he?

I'm not one for calling out players when they make mistakes as it helps no-one but a professional footballer taking an air-shot like that is very very poor.
                            Air shots happen especially when the player is off balance from the delivery and on his weaker foot as has been said above. It's not as bad an error as it's being made out to be and Lynch leaving his man is no better in my opinion as Ned had the other man covered. Not discounting it as a non-error, it was an error, it just wasn't as bad as people seem to want it to be.

Comment

Nasser you're quite the fan of the Chief aren't you?

That being said even by your standards it's a bit rich somehow linking/bringing Washington into this debate... inevitable but rich. Extremely odd in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Air shots happen especially when the player is off balance from the delivery and on his weaker foot as has been said above. It's not as bad an error as it's being made out to be and Lynch leaving his man is no better in my opinion as Ned had the other man covered. Not discounting it as a non-error, it was an error, it just wasn't as bad as people seem to want it to be.
                                What is this nonsense?

Comment

Working...
                                X