Manning/Robinson, Caulker/Baptiste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning/Robinson, Caulker/Baptiste

Need to bench bidwell and nedum for the Norwich game. Bids gives nothing in attack and shaky defensively so practically worthless in this formation as a WB. Needs replacing for either Robinson, a quicker, more offensive option, but also not great defensively. Manning has done and will do a decent job there and offers a lot going forward and back, although not his preferred position.

Give smithies the captaincy And drop nedum. Can't bear him constantly messing up which leads to opposition scoring goals, happens at least once a game but normally we're saved by smithies . I'd play caulker instead of him at the heart of the defence when he is match ready , and I'd also be prepared to give baptiste a run at expense of nedum. Both these changes should make us a better stronger unit in my opinion.
    Midfield and Conor/mackie are doing phenomally right now though and have been key in this great start. Well done on another great result today boys, and long may this form continue! COYRS!

Nedum could score 3 OG and injure Smithies for the season and he still will not be dropped. If he were to play really,really bad then the system would be changed so he could be played at right back. Teflon Ned.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Nedum could score 3 OG and injure Smithies for the season and he still will not be dropped. If he were to play really,really bad then the system would be changed so he could be played at right back. Teflon Ned.
      I think Ollie will give him a rest if he keeps it up.
      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

ned makes a mistake every game no matter how good he plays, most of the time hes bailed out by smithies but its not acceptable from a guy whos played 300 or so games in his career. does my head in coz he'll never get dropped

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          ned makes a mistake every game no matter how good he plays, most of the time hes bailed out by smithies but its not acceptable from a guy whos played 300 or so games in his career. does my head in coz he'll never get dropped
          Burn him

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
            I think Ollie will give him a rest if he keeps it up.
            what do you mean IF he keeps it up?

He's been doing it for years.

Total liability, always has been.

Comment

I see the new whipping guy has been nominated.
              Ned was one of our best players v Reading.
              It is a shame he makes the odd gaff but I'd stick with him given our decent start.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I see the new whipping guy has been nominated.
                Ned was one of our best players v Reading.
                It is a shame he makes the odd gaff but I'd stick with him given our decent start.
                he was one of our best players against reading because his mistake didnt cost us, it did yesterday though and we'll probably lose more points in the future solely from his mistakes. i think ned is a good defender for the most part but at this level and with his age and experience he shouldnt be making a schoolboy error every single game. dont get me wrong, every player in the team makes mistakes now and then but no where near as frequently as ned

Comment

Neds a decent player at this level but he needs to cut out the weekly blunder. Imagine if Caulker/Lynch/Chris Samba did that, they would've be slaughtered on here.

Not digging players out but if you make continual individual mistakes your place must come under threat. Sort it out Ned, or you will be on the bench.

Comment

Caulker did do it week in week out in Prem plus Lynch is on a par with Ned for mistakes as is Hall

Comment

If you believe some of the Preston fans remarks about Baptiste, he is also prone to one big mistake per game.
                      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        If you believe some of the Preston fans remarks about Baptiste, he is also prone to one big mistake per game.
                        I would say most defenders are at this level (that's why they're playing at this level).

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Caulker did do it week in week out in Prem plus Lynch is on a par with Ned for mistakes as is Hall
                          Yes but Neds nearly always cost us a goal,

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            Yes but Neds nearly always cost us a goal,
                            As did Hall and Lynch. People see what they want to see. Lynch is as clumsey a CB you will see Hall has potential but makes tons of mistakes. Realistically Hall is only one worth investing long term effort in but to suggest any of them are that much better then each other when there are catalogue of errors leading to goals etc against each is silly

Think we're pretty average in CB Positions. Lynch I initially rated but having watched him closely he's not up to much and don't think we have improved position bringing Baptise in just more of the same

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              As did Hall and Lynch. People see what they want to see. Lynch is as clumsey a CB you will see Hall has potential but makes tons of mistakes. Realistically Hall is only one worth investing long term effort in but to suggest any of them are that much better then each other when there are catalogue of errors leading to goals etc against each is silly

Think we're pretty average in CB Positions. Lynch I initially rated but having watched him closely he's not up to much and don't think we have improved position bringing Baptise in just more of the same
                              Definitely a position we need to start looking at for next summer

Comment

Working...
                              X