Furlong & Chair the future is bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norths View Post
    Speaking of Jones - we're coming up to the 10 year anniversary of his death.
    Blimey is it really 10 years ago....wow. So much has happened and changed at our club in that time.
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Comment

I can see this Chair lad sitting pretty in the middle of the park
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          THE speedy forward is a recent recruit having signed in January 2017 after impressing on trial.

The 19-year old spent much of his youth development at Lierse SK and has been involved with Moroccan youth international teams.
          https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/under-23s/ilias-chair/://
          your link says.....A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            your link says.....A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client
            just take the :// off of the end of the link.
            "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Furlong MOM by some considerable distance put his head on everything in our box and attacking and stopped everything which came at him. Really hope Baptise don't stop his progression as he is our right back for next six years if groomed

Chair not sure what to say was so impressed with him never heard of him no idea where he's sprung up from but what a pleasant surprise. So comfortable on the ball and drops his shoulder beautifully to sell a dummy. I would defo have him around first team squad on that cameo

Ramsey is working his magic in the environment he clearly excels. We've gone from faminr to feast when it comes to kids
              Great to see some young players coming through, ain't it mate? Without meaning to be melodramatic, it could literally save the club. With the lack of funds, and the ever increasing price of players, bringing our own through has become very important in my opinion.

This Chair fella is an interesting one. Came on a free transfer a year or so back. Belgian by birth but Moroccan origin apparently (although his name isn't Arabic, it actually sounds Romanian). Hopefully he goes on to play more games.

Talking of younger players, what happened to Shodipo? Caught our eye in a couple of games last season then has disappeared from the first team.

Comment

shodipo is injured atm but i reckon he'll get back into our side. weve only got one left winger really which is freeman so hopefully shodipo can be cover for him

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  shodipo is injured atm but i reckon he'll get back into our side. weve only got one left winger really which is freeman so hopefully shodipo can be cover for him
                  Freeman is predominantly right sided though, ain't he?

Surely Pawel is a left winger? Petrasso and Yeni have both played there for us in the past too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Freeman is predominantly right sided though, ain't he?

Surely Pawel is a left winger? Petrasso and Yeni have both played there for us in the past too.
                    i always thought it was the opposite way round, pavel played on the right for us against reading though. freeman used to play on the left for bristol a fair bit but can play across the midfield i think

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      i always thought it was the opposite way round, pavel played on the right for us against reading though. freeman used to play on the left for bristol a fair bit but can play across the midfield i think
                      Just checked and all 3 are actually right footed, although Petrasso and Pawel both prefer to play on the left apparently!

I suppose this re-enforces your point. Shodipo is the only left footed winger in the squad!

Comment

As someone said Elias Chair sounds like something you buy from IKEA. Don't think you can give Ramsey that much credit as he has only been here 6 months and been playing for U23s.

Comment

be a massive bonus if Furlong commands the right back spot. Excellent news on Chair too. At last, the yoof are beginning to push for 1st team spots
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            As someone said Elias Chair sounds like something you buy from IKEA. Don't think you can give Ramsey that much credit as he has only been here 6 months and been playing for U23s.
                            Ramsey gets a lot of stick on here. I understand why as he was useless as a manager. Developing youth players is his thing though, and apparently he's one of the best in country at it. Youth policy isn't just about finding players with potential, it's about having guys running our youth system that know how to develop talent and how to take raw potential and turn it into something that can be effective in the first team.

Why wouldn't you give Ramsey credit for Chair and other youngsters doing well in first team matches? Surely it's Ramsey and his team that have turned this kid from a free agent to a first team starter over the course of 8 or 9 months he's been at the club?!!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              https://www.justarmchairs.co.uk/occa...SABEgJnGfD_BwE

His name is Ilias. Elias is a chair !

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Ramsey gets a lot of stick on here. I understand why as he was useless as a manager. Developing youth players is his thing though, and apparently he's one of the best in country at it. Youth policy isn't just about finding players with potential, it's about having guys running our youth system that know how to develop talent and how to take raw potential and turn it into something that can be effective in the first team.

Why wouldn't you give Ramsey credit for Chair and other youngsters doing well in first team matches? Surely it's Ramsey and his team that have turned this kid from a free agent to a first team starter over the course of 8 or 9 months he's been at the club?!!
                                Took words out my mouth. He's worked under out current youth structure and breaking into the team a system overseen by Ramsey so kudos to him

Comment

Working...
                                X